Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A Closer Look: John.; Article Summary.
Topic Started: Nov 26 2008, 12:13 PM (1,031 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

Drake Hogestyn is interviewed about his upcoming storyline. He relates that John hears Marlena telling Brady about John's past "mercenary mode". John is annoyed with Marlena and tells her that he will no longer go to the psychiatrist, but Brady and Marlena get John to change his mind.

John then goes to see Dr. Taylor, but he is surprised to see that "Dr. Taylor" is a young woman! Dr. Taylor [junior] explains to him that her father is dead and she's taken over some of his cases.

Dr. Taylor and John have a therapy session. She tells him that there's nothing wrong with the way he's behaving, especially given that he was a "lab rat". She tells him that she often tells patients' loved ones that the patient comes first, and that they should "accept him for who he is". John is thrilled to hear Dr. Taylor say this.

After the therapy session, John and Dr. Taylor see Marlena at the Brady Pub. John is "baiting Marlena", as Drake puts it, by introducing her to Dr. Taylor. Drake relates that the story moves into "be careful what you wish for" mode, because Marlena wanted John to have the therapy. John knows that he used Ava to make Marlena jealous, and now he's going to try to use Dr. Taylor to "put Marlena on edge".

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

e83talus
Member Avatar

Ellie
Nov 26 2008, 12:13 PM
Drake Hogestyn is interviewed about his upcoming storyline. He relates that John hears Marlena telling Brady about John's past "mercenary mode". John is annoyed with Marlena and tells her that he will no longer go to the psychiatrist, but Brady and Marlena get John to change his mind.

John then goes to see Dr. Taylor, but he is surprised to see that "Dr. Taylor" is a young woman! Dr. Taylor [junior] explains to him that her father is dead and she's taken over some of his cases.

Dr. Taylor and John have a therapy session. She tells him that there's nothing wrong with the way he's behaving, especially given that he was a "lab rat". She tells him that she often tells patients' loved ones that the patient comes first, and that they should "accept him for who he is". John is thrilled to hear Dr. Taylor say this.

After the therapy session, John and Dr. Taylor see Marlena at the Brady Pub. John is "baiting Marlena", as Drake puts it, by introducing her to Dr. Taylor. Drake relates that the story moves into "be careful what you wish for" mode, because Marlena wanted John to have the therapy. John knows that he used Ava to make Marlena jealous, and now he's going to try to use Dr. Taylor to "put Marlena on edge".

How wonderfully repetitive.

Maybe I will just wait until we get to the reuniting part to watch J&M' final swan song because I cannot do yet another round of silly jealousy games with these two. Dena Higley should be tied, feathered and sprinkled with honey and sesame seeds so that small birds can eat it from her.

Ellie

^^ LOL! I agree. I hope at least J&M's final few shows do them justice.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Ellie.

Dena just can't help herself with these triangles, can she? :shame:

Kyrai

mbdimera
Nov 26 2008, 12:27 PM
Thanks for posting Ellie.

Dena just can't help herself with these triangles, can she? :shame:
I just don't understand how they can call her a writer when all she seems to know how to do is put people in triangles, and she doesn't even know how to get them out!

Thanks Ellie! I do hope Marlena gets jealous and they get back together over this. If it goes too far like Ava, well, I can't say what I might do because it could incriminate me.
Edited by Kyrai, Nov 26 2008, 12:38 PM.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

I LOVE how he said John used Ava,well Drake I love ya but DUH!Makes me sad though,playing manipulating games is so immature and the main reason I loved JM is because one never had to manipulate the other to be with them,thats for other couples not John and Marlena,but Higley is too much of a bafoon to know that.

hops
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie. What's one more triangle? There are only 8 weeks left, don't want to waste them all on something emotional and beautiful, something with a bit of depth. It's not like the writers are going to suddenly change course at this point anyway. We know what they are capable of, I'm sure they won't disappoint. :sleep:

SomeSoupRocks
Member Avatar

Ken C. is so Brain Dead to Ok these Childish Scenes that Hacker Dena has written for J&M/Deidre & Drake(I feel so Sorry for them)!!
This is a Big If,Maybe It Will Back Fire On nuJohn,but I am Not counting on it,we Never get anything good!!!
As For Ken C. & Hacker Dena this is what I think of them
:puke: :puke:
Thanks Ellie!!

MoonShadowed
Member Avatar

my god this is boring and repetitive
Dena you SUCK!

brimike

This is not how I want to remember their last eight weeks. AT ALL. They may get their happy ending and ride off into the sunset... but it's supposed to be about the JOURNEY, not the DESTINATION, and this journey is practically non-existent.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I actually think this sounds good, providing we don't get the same writing for Marlena we did on Monday and Tuesday.

I only wish they had a chance to play this out more. Now they will start this and it will all be tied up fast to send their off so I'm already expecting a sloppy transition.

Kyrai

PhoenixRising05
Nov 28 2008, 12:59 AM
I actually think this sounds good, providing we don't get the same writing for Marlena we did on Monday and Tuesday.

I only wish they had a chance to play this out more. Now they will start this and it will all be tied up fast to send their off so I'm already expecting a sloppy transition.
I agree with you. Unless they are intentionally sabotaging J&M (and I'd like to think they really aren't despite my feelings over their writing since May), I think this could be a nice lead-in to getting them back together.

Whatever the intent originally was, now that we know they are leaving, I just can't imagine them putting John with another woman, then hoping to send J&M off happily in January.

I like the idea that Marlena is pushing John to see a therapist
(when I suspend belief to allow that a psychiatrist can treat 'brain cloud').

I rather like that she thinks she is sending him to a male shrink and will be unpleasantly surprised to find that the person she is forcing him to go to is a woman.
(again, suspending belief that she'd not know this guy has stopped practicing and has turned over his practice to his daughter who can 'un-ethically' just take over cases and look at records without anyone's permission).

I've always liked Marlena jealous, and I do think that if she sees someone else looking at John for what he is vs. what he isn't, it could make for some nice scenes. Aka, wake her up.
(since I've suspended belief that Marlena would ever just give up on John like she has when he was sincerely trying and also suffering).

I also think that someone telling John that it's ok that he's not old John will make him less defensive. I'd love for him to relax and be more like real John before he goes. I'd prefer for Marlena to give him a chance as new John before he turns into old John, if they turn him into old John.

If they flip a switch and make him old John and all is right with the world, I'll be kinda disappointed, although at this rate, I just want them not to go out completely demolished.

Edited by Kyrai, Nov 28 2008, 09:24 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply