Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Nicole's Dirty Little Secret!; Article Summary...
Topic Started: Nov 26 2008, 01:14 PM (3,915 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Alligato
Nov 29 2008, 03:41 PM
ilovemydays
Nov 28 2008, 10:55 PM
I have no problem accepting how Nicole was in the PAST but I do take exception to calling her names that no longer pertain to who she is now. I am equally annoyed by people that say "once a rapist always a rapist". Characters should be allowed to learn from their past mistakes, to grow and evolve without getting cornered in by previous bad writing.

Whatever Nicole was before it should not restrict her from becoming a better person/character.
One of the best posts explaining Nicole for me...especially in reference to the rapist part.
The only way a character remains remotely interesting for me is to see some kind of growth, some kind of change. Otherwise, we are watching the same shit for the past 15 years and I tend to hate the character (ie. SAMI).

I don't mind Nicole being a slut, gold digger, etc. I loved watching that. But I have also loved this soft maternal side too. It is called layers to a character, and it makes her interesting...and Ari makes it believable.
A lesser actress couldn't pull it off...maybe that is why Sami still is acting 15...imo, of course.
I just gotta pass you hearts............ :wub2:

I'm not a fangirl, Alligato, I promise! (I WUV Nicole). I'm not a fangirl.....

:lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

Alligato
ilovemydays
I have no problem accepting how Nicole was in the PAST but I do take exception to calling her names that no longer pertain to who she is now. I am equally annoyed by people that say "once a rapist always a rapist". Characters should be allowed to learn from their past mistakes, to grow and evolve without getting cornered in by previous bad writing.

Whatever Nicole was before it should not restrict her from becoming a better person/character.
One of the best posts explaining Nicole for me...especially in reference to the rapist part.
The only way a character remains remotely interesting for me is to see some kind of growth, some kind of change. Otherwise, we are watching the same shit for the past 15 years and I tend to hate the character (ie. SAMI).

I don't mind Nicole being a slut, gold digger, etc. I loved watching that. But I have also loved this soft maternal side too. It is called layers to a character, and it makes her interesting...and Ari makes it believable.
A lesser actress couldn't pull it off...maybe that is why Sami still is acting 15...imo, of course.
just, word. :wave:

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

ladyofthelake
Nov 29 2008, 10:35 AM
Drew
Nov 29 2008, 10:18 AM
Kenny
Nov 26 2008, 01:14 PM
Dr. Baker tells Nicole that she will never be able to have another child.
well that news didnt stop her from getting pregnant with this one ... :drunk:
Scarring only prevents a pregnancy if it doesn't fit with the storyline. Where's the drama with Nicole probably eventually adopting a Sami baby if she gets pregnant again?
oh the drama's been missing from this show for a long time. And expecting the audience to have a brain went out even farther back.

Nicole was already declared infertile once before Higley took her latest stab at what she likes to think is writing (during a time she was even on the writing staff no less), so when it becomes convenient to another inane plot driven story she'll get pregnant again.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Drew
Nov 29 2008, 06:04 PM
ladyofthelake
Nov 29 2008, 10:35 AM
Drew
Nov 29 2008, 10:18 AM
Kenny
Nov 26 2008, 01:14 PM
Dr. Baker tells Nicole that she will never be able to have another child.
well that news didnt stop her from getting pregnant with this one ... :drunk:
Scarring only prevents a pregnancy if it doesn't fit with the storyline. Where's the drama with Nicole probably eventually adopting a Sami baby if she gets pregnant again?
oh the drama's been missing from this show for a long time. And expecting the audience to have a brain went out even farther back.

Nicole was already declared infertile once before Higley took her latest stab at what she likes to think is writing (during a time she was even on the writing staff no less), so when it becomes convenient to another inane plot driven story she'll get pregnant again.
Oh, I'm sure, but not until something happens with her trying to adopt this baby.

ges
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Nov 29 2008, 10:34 AM
ges
Nov 29 2008, 10:05 AM
Higley can turn Nicole's character around just as fast as she she did everybody else's. A character goes from Saint to Sinner on the turn of a dime so that it can makes sense (lol) with her latest storyline.
I wouldn't get too fond of any character. Nick, anyone?
Actually, I've already been mentioning I wouldn't be too surprised to see Nicole get thrown under the bus and then get written out, too. Nick, John, Marlena, Mimi, Billie, Morgan, et al, anyone?

It's quite obvious from the D&D firing that no one is safe, so your comment really isn't timely or that earthshocking or a huge revelation anymore.
My comment was not meant to be "earth-shocking." Just a comment.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Alligato
ilovemydays

To both of these posts- :hail: :hail:
Edited by DolceDiMera, Nov 30 2008, 03:15 PM.

ges
Member Avatar

Some kind of growth, some kind of change. Well, then you must be enjoying the show enormously.
Every character with the exception of Victor has remained silent to keep their jobs. Look how far that got Marlena and John. I think he is the only actor that has said don't f** with me. I don't care about your petty day to day character re-writes. I will remain Victor no matter what you say or adios. You are enjoying the growth of Nicole Walker, that is very nice. I don't like her character. I don't think I am that fussy. i can't even think of another character I don't like. So, to each his own. But as much as the Nicole Walker show has morphed into what used to be Days of Our Lives, I get it. Higley has a thing for Nicole Walker. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Of course. All of the internet chatter must be wrong or overblown. Dena Higley is on the path to saving the show because everone is riveted by the emotional trials of Nicole Walker. She is the path to salvation. I care very much what happens to her.
She is an inspiration to womankind. You can put your faith in Dena Higley on that one. She really knows what the fans want. Yup. Everything is wonderful. Nicole Walker's trials and tribulations is what everybody wants to see.

Alligato
Member Avatar

^I am so glad you understand! I knew you would! LOL!

Janelli
Member Avatar

The Nicole storyline is the only reason I have even been trying to watch this sad ass show. Ari simply shines as Nicole. I just hope I am wrong in thinking that Nicole is going to get thrown under the bus in favor of Sami. Sami used to be one of my all time favorite characters but she hasn't grown at least not in a good meaningful way. Nicole on the other hand has shown growth, especially from the moment she learned she was pregnant. Funny thing is I hated Nicole after what she did to Eric and Lucas but now I love her. Hopefully Higley won't destroy Nicole but I have no faith in the woman as HW. :-/

ges
Member Avatar

oy vey

marisol40

I'm with you Ges on this one. I can't stomach the character of Nicole Walker and I don't care how many "emotional" scenes she whips out that isn't going to change. Though losing a child is a horrible thing and I don't wish that on anyone; I find myself rather numb when it comes to Nicole's pain. This woman has done so many horrible things to other people and she has never paid a price for them. Yeah, Yeah she reformed for like a millisecond, but it looks like she is reverting back to her old ways with her non-scheming. LOL They do say that Karma is a bitch!

Both Sami and Nicole need a little time under a bus and I would love to be the one driving it.
Edited by marisol40, Dec 1 2008, 11:04 AM.

ges
Member Avatar

marisol40
Dec 1 2008, 11:03 AM
I'm with you Ges on this one. I can't stomach the character of Nicole Walker and I don't care how many "emotional" scenes she whips out that isn't going to change. Though losing a child is a horrible thing and I don't wish that on anyone; I find myself rather numb when it comes to Nicole's pain. This woman has done so many horrible things to other people and she has never paid a price for them. Yeah, Yeah she reformed for like a millisecond, but it looks like she is reverting back to her old ways with her non-scheming. LOL They do say that Karma is a bitch!

Both Sami and Nicole need a little time under a bus and I would love to be the one driving it.
I'll pay for the tank of gas! :cheers:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply