Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW blurb: James Scott
Topic Started: Nov 28 2008, 09:09 AM (5,489 Views)
Jonatha

Please link to DR:

SOW buzz:

Bad to the Bone and Rotten to the Core

Bad is evidently better in James Scott's book, so playing a neutered EJ on Days of Our Lives has been a major letdown. "Whitewashed!" says Scott indignantly. "They cut EJ's balls off and made him into the town pariah, then into the whipping boy/apologist of Salem, who's pathetic. Look, I don't want to be killing people and I don't want to be raping people, but everything else is fine. It's more interesting." And the viewer's agree. "Overwhelmingly, when I meet fans, they say, 'When is the old EJ coming back?'" recounts Scott. "They like that EJ. That character was received very strongly. He was interesting." Fortunately, Scott believes those days are about to make a comeback. "EJ's going through a period of transition. His eyes are going to be opened up on how his father works and why he works in the way he does. It's going to represent the beginning of a move-back to some of the darker side of EJ," cheers the actor. "EJ needs his balls back. Don't print anything I say without writing the word balls!"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

LOL at his last sentence! And he is SOOOOO right.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Its about time, I miss the old EJ. The Old EJ and the Bad Sami, where have they been hiding you guys.

Please come back bad Ejami, your fans miss you!!!!

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

I heard once Ej finds out about Nicole's lie Old Ej comes back...He is on his way back.....THANK GOD!

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting. With EJ wearing all black lately and accepting the job at DiMera eterprises, I had a feeling that soon enough his dark side would return. This coincides with Nicole's shades of gray returning, too :).

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Jonatha
Nov 28 2008, 09:09 AM
Please link to DR:

SOW buzz:

Bad to the Bone and Rotten to the Core

Bad is evidently better in James Scott's book, so playing a neutered EJ on Days of Our Lives has been a major letdown. "Whitewashed!" says Scott indignantly. "They cut EJ's balls off and made him into the town pariah, then into the whipping boy/apologist of Salem, who's pathetic. Look, I don't want to be killing people and I don't want to be raping people, but everything else is fine. It's more interesting." And the viewer's agree. "Overwhelmingly, when I meet fans, they say, 'When is the old EJ coming back?'" recounts Scott. "They like that EJ. That character was received very strongly. He was interesting." Fortunately, Scott believes those days are about to make a comeback. "EJ's going through a period of transition. His eyes are going to be opened up on how his father works and why he works in the way he does. It's going to represent the beginning of a move-back to some of the darker side of EJ," cheers the actor. "EJ needs his balls back. Don't print anything I say without writing the word balls!"
Amen! Give Stefano and Tony their balls back too.

:rockon:

ges
Member Avatar

How about we give everybody back their balls and take Higley's away.

Ponz
Member Avatar

Daytime
Nov 28 2008, 09:50 AM
Its about time, I miss the old EJ. The Old EJ and the Bad Sami, where have they been hiding you guys.

Um, Sami is the reason he was whitewashed in the first place.

Days4Life

I couldn't agree more. Whitewashed EJ is boring; bad EJ is much more interesting.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ponz
Nov 28 2008, 10:37 AM
Daytime
Nov 28 2008, 09:50 AM

Um, Sami is the reason he was whitewashed in the first place.
You have a point there.

Daytime
Member Avatar

ges
Nov 28 2008, 10:17 AM
I don't think Sami is the reason he was so white washed. I saw him trying to be a better man for her and his son. But you know what, I hate this white washed Sami, she needs to get her fire back. She and EJ could team up and kick some major bootie.

Go Bad Ejami!!!!!

Daytime
Member Avatar

sorry, I meant to quote Ponz.........

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Daytime
Nov 28 2008, 10:52 AM
ges
I don't think Sami is the reason he was so white washed. I saw him trying to be a better man for her and his son. But you know what, I hate this white washed Sami, she needs to get her fire back. She and EJ could team up and kick some major bootie.

Go Bad Ejami!!!!!
That would take some good writing, because I think in the history of all this topsy-turvy changing of hands, many, many people.........just...........don't.........care. They've seen EJ go through more personality changes than Sybil, and Sami.....well, there was a terrible overload of Sami, and, from what i gather on boards, most fans don't care. It would take a miracle writer to make people care, and Days doesn't have a miracle writer. I think a lot of fans don't want a couple together merely to have a couple together, if the logistics and the writing don't work. That's considered one of the factors for killing Days in the first place slowly over the years.

Daytime
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Nov 28 2008, 10:56 AM
Daytime
Nov 28 2008, 10:52 AM
ges

Go Bad Ejami!!!!!
That would take some good writing, because I think in the history of all this topsy-turvy changing of hands, many, many people.........just...........don't.........care. They've seen EJ go through more personality changes than Sybil, and Sami.....well, there was a terrible overload of Sami, and, from what i gather on boards, most fans don't care. It would take a miracle writer to make people care, and Days doesn't have a miracle writer. I think a lot of fans don't want a couple together merely to have a couple together, if the logistics and the writing don't work. That's considered one of the factors for killing Days in the first place slowly over the years.
I know and what's so bad about it, Ejami could be a great power couple but the writers keep messing them up. I don't know what to think at times, they jump from relationship to relationship and don't give any couple foundation to stand on. It sucks..........

You right, we do need some better writing because even as I am not a fan of Nicole the whole miscarriage thing was beyond stupid.

crymsinnstar74
Member Avatar

ges
couldn't agree with you more.

Bring back the REAL EJ.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Okay.
So if he doesn't want to kill anyone or rape anyone, but he wants to be the bad EJ of yore, what does that leave? That is what he did when he was bad, right?
Or does he want to go back to the "torturing Sami" EJ?
I kind of like him the way he is now. He showed a bit of evil in the prison with Nicole, yet he is still coming off as a shady decent guy.

He was best when he was EJ of late 2006...being black glove and beating up on Patrick, and playing Sami. Or when they were both playing each other when Sami tried to set him on fire and EJ almost injected a pregnant woman in her hospital bed. And possibly when he was tricking Sami to believe he was paralyzed. But none of that really was good for EJami because he wasn't being good to Sami.

His worst was when he was toast Grandpa Shawn at his funeral and kissing Sami's ass.

I get the impression that Stefano might be behind Nicole's miscarriage, so maybe EJ will get his own place and do some scheming on his own.
Also get the impression that James isn't going anywhere! Yay!

Love the quotes!
Edited by Alligato, Nov 28 2008, 11:33 AM.

shiningstar

Dragonish1
Nov 28 2008, 09:56 AM
I heard once Ej finds out about Nicole's lie Old Ej comes back...He is on his way back.....THANK GOD!
LOL. Are we sure EJ won't find that "cute" or "adorable"? I will believe this when/if I ever see it on screen. Dena's version of a gray EJ is lying about a stupid annulment and then making Nicole pinky swear she won't tell anyone about it.

Mason

I want the badass E.J. of late 2006 back too. That's when the character was at his best, IMO.

Nicole Walker

LMAO. Love that last line. I don't mind badazz EJ or badazz Nicole.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

If they once again change the character of EJ he will be a lost cause. There is only so much rapid personality changes in a character before you just don't care anymore. I think they need to give the character a long rest then bring him back, like they did Brady. Brady's first run was god awful. He was the most schizophrenically written character ever, just like EJ. It's too bad writers think they should be allowed to transform characters whenever they choose, nevermind that the audience then rejects them completely.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply