Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW blurb: James Scott
Topic Started: Nov 28 2008, 09:09 AM (5,711 Views)
ginababe
BANNED

Jiggs
Nov 29 2008, 04:02 AM
If they once again change the character of EJ he will be a lost cause. There is only so much rapid personality changes in a character before you just don't care anymore. I think they need to give the character a long rest then bring him back, like they did Brady. Brady's first run was god awful. He was the most schizophrenically written character ever, just like EJ. It's too bad writers think they should be allowed to transform characters whenever they choose, nevermind that the audience then rejects them completely.
I don't mean to be a brat about this, but this is coming from a person who is a diehard JnM fan, where one half the pairing, John, has had his personality changed more times than any other character in the history of daytime drama??? REALLY? Are you for real?
Edited by ginababe, Nov 29 2008, 04:30 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

ginababe
Nov 29 2008, 04:29 AM
Jiggs
If they once again change the character of EJ he will be a lost cause. There is only so much rapid personality changes in a character before you just don't care anymore. I think they need to give the character a long rest then bring him back, like they did Brady. Brady's first run was god awful. He was the most schizophrenically written character ever, just like EJ. It's too bad writers think they should be allowed to transform characters whenever they choose, nevermind that the audience then rejects them completely.
I don't mean to be a brat about this, but this is coming from a person who is a diehard JnM fan, where one half the pairing, John, has had his personality changed more times than any other character in the history of daytime drama??? REALLY? Are you for real?
Hmmmm, good point. Actually, John's personality changes are OK as long as he keeps worshipping Marlena. ;)

ginababe
BANNED

ladyofthelake
Nov 29 2008, 07:53 AM
ginababe
Jiggs
Hmmmm, good point. Actually, John's personality changes are OK as long as he keeps worshipping Marlena. ;)
LOL, that must be it, how silly of me!! :lol:

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Alligato
Nov 28 2008, 11:32 AM
Okay.
So if he doesn't want to kill anyone or rape anyone, but he wants to be the bad EJ of yore, what does that leave? That is what he did when he was bad, right?
Or does he want to go back to the "torturing Sami" EJ?
I kind of like him the way he is now. He showed a bit of evil in the prison with Nicole, yet he is still coming off as a shady decent guy.

He was best when he was EJ of late 2006...being black glove and beating up on Patrick, and playing Sami. Or when they were both playing each other when Sami tried to set him on fire and EJ almost injected a pregnant woman in her hospital bed. And possibly when he was tricking Sami to believe he was paralyzed. But none of that really was good for EJami because he wasn't being good to Sami.

His worst was when he was toast Grandpa Shawn at his funeral and kissing Sami's ass.

I get the impression that Stefano might be behind Nicole's miscarriage, so maybe EJ will get his own place and do some scheming on his own.
Also get the impression that James isn't going anywhere! Yay!

Love the quotes!
i agree. his comments confused me because he says he wants to be his old self, but not murdering or raping. i guess he just means scheming, but all the scheming i can remember him doing was somehow in relation to obsessing over sami(boring) and the black glove crimes. if we attribute all those to ej, or at least done under his direction/knowledge, then he still did some things that are as distasteful as murder(like the embryo switching, for example.)

i agree that i hate seeing ej being lied to by both sami and nicole. i would like to think the real ej would figure out what's going on and then play the both of them.

Kyrai

luvpumpkns
Nov 29 2008, 01:34 PM
Alligato
Nov 28 2008, 11:32 AM
Okay.
So if he doesn't want to kill anyone or rape anyone, but he wants to be the bad EJ of yore, what does that leave? That is what he did when he was bad, right?
Or does he want to go back to the "torturing Sami" EJ?
I kind of like him the way he is now. He showed a bit of evil in the prison with Nicole, yet he is still coming off as a shady decent guy.

He was best when he was EJ of late 2006...being black glove and beating up on Patrick, and playing Sami. Or when they were both playing each other when Sami tried to set him on fire and EJ almost injected a pregnant woman in her hospital bed. And possibly when he was tricking Sami to believe he was paralyzed. But none of that really was good for EJami because he wasn't being good to Sami.

His worst was when he was toast Grandpa Shawn at his funeral and kissing Sami's ass.

I get the impression that Stefano might be behind Nicole's miscarriage, so maybe EJ will get his own place and do some scheming on his own.
Also get the impression that James isn't going anywhere! Yay!

Love the quotes!
i agree. his comments confused me because he says he wants to be his old self, but not murdering or raping. i guess he just means scheming, but all the scheming i can remember him doing was somehow in relation to obsessing over sami(boring) and the black glove crimes. if we attribute all those to ej, or at least done under his direction/knowledge, then he still did some things that are as distasteful as murder(like the embryo switching, for example.)

i agree that i hate seeing ej being lied to by both sami and nicole. i would like to think the real ej would figure out what's going on and then play the both of them.
One of the things that I was interested in with the Dimera battle was how EJ was going to fit in. While Tony and John went toe-to-toe with Stefano, Ej always seemed to be watching and calculating before reacting. I always felt he was going to react strategically, do what was best for him and his family.

If he were going to be more gray, I'd like him to be like Vic was in the early days. Smooth and calculating, calling the shots, always a step ahead of the game. Not sure how they'd accomplish this unless he does become more involved with Stefano's empire. I've been rather tired of him with lately. I liked him more with just Johnny and Allie, Stefano, Tony, or John than encumbered by Nicole or Sami. Both women seem almost suffocating.
Edited by Kyrai, Nov 29 2008, 03:47 PM.

Days4Life

luvpumpkns
Nov 29 2008, 01:34 PM
I would love that!

Jiggs
Member Avatar

ginababe
Jiggs
Gee, if you read my post you might notice that I said "RAPID" personality changes. Pretty sure John Black has had only one personality change, though different identities and they certainly didn't happen rapidly.
:eyeroll:

Jiggs
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
ginababe
Jiggs

Typical. What personality changes has John had other than the one he is experiencing currently?
Edited by Jiggs, Nov 29 2008, 06:21 PM.

ginababe
BANNED

Jiggs
Nov 29 2008, 06:19 PM
ladyofthelake
ginababe
Jiggs

Typical. What personality changes has John had other than the one he is experiencing currently?
let's see, he initially came to town if I remember correctly, w/ no identity whatsoever, then it was discovered he was actually Roman, and then it was found out he wasn't, then he became a priest, then he became a pawn working w/ Stefano and Gina, shall I go on??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Black_(fiction)

Jiggs
Member Avatar

ginababe
Nov 29 2008, 09:48 PM
Jiggs
ladyofthelake
ginababe
Jiggs

let's see, he initially came to town if I remember correctly, w/ no identity whatsoever, then it was discovered he was actually Roman, and then it was found out he wasn't, then he became a priest, then he became a pawn working w/ Stefano and Gina, shall I go on??

Um those are IDENTITIES, not personalities.

ginababe
BANNED

Jiggs
Nov 29 2008, 09:51 PM
ginababe
Jiggs
ladyofthelake
ginababe
Jiggs

Um... Personalities go along w/ each identity, they are not mutually exclusive.. So yes, he did have "rapid" personality changes. At least EJ has only had the one identity.
Edited by ginababe, Nov 29 2008, 09:54 PM.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

ginababe
Nov 29 2008, 09:53 PM
Jiggs
ginababe
Jiggs
ladyofthelake
ginababe
Jiggs

Um... Personalities go along w/ each identity, they are not mutually exclusive.. So yes, he did have "rapid" personality changes. At least EJ has only had the one identity.
Sorry, they are not the same thing. Let's not go around in circles on this. I was talking about the character's personality, which is what this topic is about. John has always had the same personality all the time he's been in Salem, except recently.

ginababe
BANNED

Jiggs
Nov 29 2008, 09:59 PM
ginababe
Jiggs
ginababe
Jiggs
ladyofthelake
ginababe
Jiggs

Sorry, they are not the same thing. Let's not go around in circles on this. I was talking about the character's personality, which is what this topic is about. John has always had the same personality all the time he's been in Salem, except recently.
You're right, why hit my head up against a stubborn brick wall when I don't have to.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

Ponz
Nov 28 2008, 10:37 AM
Daytime
Nov 28 2008, 09:50 AM
Its about time, I miss the old EJ. The Old EJ and the Bad Sami, where have they been hiding you guys.

Please come back bad Ejami, your fans miss you!!!!
Um, Sami is the reason he was whitewashed in the first place.
QFT.

Bring back bad EJ, that's cool. But I for one never want to see another attempt at pairing him with Sami. :drunk:
Edited by mesagirl, Nov 29 2008, 11:12 PM.

zyona

mesagirl
Nov 29 2008, 11:12 PM
Ponz
Nov 28 2008, 10:37 AM
Daytime
Nov 28 2008, 09:50 AM
Its about time, I miss the old EJ. The Old EJ and the Bad Sami, where have they been hiding you guys.

Please come back bad Ejami, your fans miss you!!!!
Um, Sami is the reason he was whitewashed in the first place.
QFT.

Bring back bad EJ, that's cool. But I for one never want to see another attempt at pairing him with Sami. :drunk:
Amen to that, i hope the writers will litsen.

avelina
Member Avatar

Thanks for the postine. Amen to that James. EJ does need his balls back and it's about time too!

Loretta3938
Member Avatar

His pairing with Sami has been the main reason I've enjoyed watching EJ. I agree to a little more greyness to the character, but a murderer or rapist he isn't...and if the writers can stay away from that (silently praying, since the writers don't inspire any faith in me) they can make him as gray as they want to.

Loretta

Daytime
Member Avatar

Loretta3938
Nov 29 2008, 11:36 PM
His pairing with Sami has been the main reason I've enjoyed watching EJ. I agree to a little more greyness to the character, but a murderer or rapist he isn't...and if the writers can stay away from that (silently praying, since the writers don't inspire any faith in me) they can make him as gray as they want to.

Loretta
Yep, that's me Loretta, that was the main reason why I fell in love with the character EJ. EJ and Sami are H-O-T!!!!

I wish we could get them back before the year is over.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

ginababe
Nov 29 2008, 10:18 PM
Jiggs
ginababe
Jiggs
ginababe
Jiggs
ladyofthelake
ginababe
Jiggs

You're right, why hit my head up against a stubborn brick wall when I don't have to.
Save yourself the headache, hon. Rest assured that at least one other poster agrees with your viewpoint. ;)

ginababe
BANNED

ladyofthelake
Nov 30 2008, 01:30 PM
ginababe
Nov 29 2008, 10:18 PM
Jiggs
ginababe
Jiggs
ginababe
Jiggs
ladyofthelake
ginababe
Jiggs

Save yourself the headache, hon. Rest assured that at least one other poster agrees with your viewpoint. ;)
:smooch:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply