Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Promo for wk of 12/1
Topic Started: Nov 28 2008, 05:03 PM (1,432 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

:shame: Poor Nicole. :frown:

Oh, thanks for posting Angie. :wave:
Edited by aimees76, Nov 28 2008, 05:19 PM.

LovingDays

Wow Poor Nicole

Love u girl

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Lame

Dr. Chip

This is so dumb.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I think it sucks they are going this way with Nicole. It is sort of a replay of the whole Kristen/John fake baby story. But that was so different because even though Kristen was desperate like Nicole, there was still something evil about what she was doing and it was just crazy. This just comes out as pathetic and desperate.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

cubsgirl
Nov 28 2008, 06:49 PM
I think it sucks they are going this way with Nicole. It is sort of a replay of the whole Kristen/John fake baby story. But that was so different because even though Kristen was desperate like Nicole, there was still something evil about what she was doing and it was just crazy. This just comes out as pathetic and desperate.
I'm afraid you're right.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

If they write this right, it could be a lot better than the Kristin storyline. Kristin's story was played for camp, where this story shows the depth of Nicole's insecurities and why she has done the crazy things she has over the years. Ari is making the show for me these days, so i have to defend it lol

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

That music reminds of Titanic. I'm pretty sure its not from there, but very similiar to the theme, IMO.

How is Nicole planning on hiding this? Her and EJ are together, so wouldn't he presumably ever see her in the nude ... hence see that belly is a fake? ... I really need to stop bringing logic into this.

Mason

goldylicious
Nov 28 2008, 09:45 PM
If they write this right, it could be a lot better than the Kristin storyline.
Not bloody likely, LoL.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I like the idea. It's totally something Nicole would do.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I want to see how it plays out. I didn't think I'd like a pregnant Nicole, either. I don't trust the writing to play it out, so I'll just have to trust Nicole's writing, and I agree with Goldy. If Ari keeps up the caliber of acting she has, this will be a story of Nicole's desperation, her wish for a fairytale ending that could have come true and won't, and her resorting to old ways to keep that fairytale going for a while. Although I would hope most of us wouldn't go to those extremes, who can't indentify with dreams almost coming true, only to have the rug pulled out from under us? It reminds me so much of old-school Sami. With all of Sami's schemes, you could sense the loneliness and desperation of just wanting to be accepted by her mom or current love in all of it. But, then, that was old school Sami.....sigh.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Poor Kristen,oh I mean Nicole,EJ isn't my fave person but he should know.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Oh goodness! I finally saw this promo!
Just tell him already, Nicole.
If she is so worried about losing him to Sami, this is the perfect time to tell him while she is gone.

I don't see too much comparison to Kristen here as Kristen was trying to hold on to John because of Marlena. EJ wants Nicole and there is nobody else for him at the moment, so she really has nothing to lose by telling him.
I hate this kind of stuff, but it is really soapy!
I look forward to it.

Ellie

DrewHamilton
Nov 29 2008, 12:15 AM
But is it something the "new Nicole" would do? That's part of the reason that I don't like it. Higley has written Nicole as really a changed woman since her return to Salem. Now, Nicole is reverting back to the way she was, but I don't think Higley has built up to that at all. I don't think the viewer should just be left to assume that a very tragic event (such as a miscarriage) is responsible for Nicole's personality transplant at this point. With Kristen, we saw her slow descent into evil. Here, it seems much too sudden, imo.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Mason
Nov 28 2008, 10:00 PM
goldylicious
Nov 28 2008, 09:45 PM
If they write this right, it could be a lot better than the Kristin storyline.
Not bloody likely, LoL.
Well, lets have hope for once, shall we? :)

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Ellie
Nov 29 2008, 09:37 PM
DrewHamilton
But is it something the "new Nicole" would do? That's part of the reason that I don't like it. Higley has written Nicole as really a changed woman since her return to Salem. Now, Nicole is reverting back to the way she was, but I don't think Higley has built up to that at all. I don't think the viewer should just be left to assume that a very tragic event (such as a miscarriage) is responsible for Nicole's personality transplant at this point. With Kristen, we saw her slow descent into evil. Here, it seems much too sudden, imo.
I respectively disagree :) Even though Nicole has changed for the better, her old demons still exist. From her past history, I don't think in her wildest dreams, someone like EJ DiMera would love her. Sure, he would love her body, but not the whole
Nicole, warts and all. If it plays out how I think it will, Nicole is going to feel extremely guilty the entire time this faux pregnancy lasts. With Kristin, her change in personality happened overnight. Before Aremid, there was nothing that would have given the viewers any indication that she would turn into a nutjob. And if I remember correctly, she certainly didn't feel too much guilt. That whole story was fun to watch and a total campy pleasure. This story, is different, because it really does play into Nicole's past history.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

goldylicious
Nov 30 2008, 04:04 PM
Ellie
Nov 29 2008, 09:37 PM
DrewHamilton
I respectively disagree :) Even though Nicole has changed for the better, her old demons still exist. From her past history, I don't think in her wildest dreams, someone like EJ DiMera would love her. Sure, he would love her body, but not the whole
Nicole, warts and all. If it plays out how I think it will, Nicole is going to feel extremely guilty the entire time this faux pregnancy lasts. With Kristin, her change in personality happened overnight. Before Aremid, there was nothing that would have given the viewers any indication that she would turn into a nutjob. And if I remember correctly, she certainly didn't feel too much guilt. That whole story was fun to watch and a total campy pleasure. This story, is different, because it really does play into Nicole's past history.
I agree with you and Drew.

Just because Nicole has changed doesn't make this out of character. The writers have made sure to still show us signs of old Nicole all along. She's probably the most layered character on the show right now. We've seen so many sides of her this year and her transformation has been very well-done.

I so agree about Kristen too. I enjoyed the story but that was rushed big time. I thought it started out good during John's trial and the letter arc but once it got to Susan, they seemed to jump ahead in making her what she became.

This promo looks good though. Can't wait.

Mason

Sorry, but there's not a snowball's chance in hell that this story is going to be better than Kristen/Susan. I doubt any writer could recycle that story and do it better, and I know Higley sure can't.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Dec 1 2008, 01:08 AM
Sorry, but there's not a snowball's chance in hell that this story is going to be better than Kristen/Susan. I doubt any writer could recycle that story and do it better, and I know Higley sure can't.
Never said it would be, although I'm not in love with that story as much as some.

I think this story will be different to begin with anyway.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply