Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Promo for wk of 12/1
Topic Started: Nov 28 2008, 05:03 PM (1,393 Views)
Mason

PhoenixRising05
Dec 1 2008, 01:10 AM
Mason
Dec 1 2008, 01:08 AM
Sorry, but there's not a snowball's chance in hell that this story is going to be better than Kristen/Susan. I doubt any writer could recycle that story and do it better, and I know Higley sure can't.
Never said it would be
Well, no worries, because I wasn't responding to you.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

From the clips I've seen on YouTube, I have to say that I'm really enjoying this Nicole storyline... so far. Most of it is thanks to Ari Z.'s incredible acting though. I just love her!

I'm really afraid that Higley is going to rush this storyline and not give us the "moments" we need to see. I feel like we were already cheated out of a moment on Friday's episode, when Nicole was at the store and the lady brought out the fake belly. From what I saw on YouTube, we never actually got to see the moment when Nicole decided to take the belly and use it to fool EJ. All we saw was her suddenly back at DiMansion looking pregnant again -- we were cheated of the important defining moment of the story. The beat was skipped over, and that's never a good thing. During the Kristen story, we saw every beat played and we always saw the defining moments played for all they were worth. That allowed the audience to really invest and get involved with the story. We need to see each and every moment played and milked for all it's worth, and that's something that Higley has always had trouble with in her stories.

Oh, and can I just say that I LOVED the lighting at DiMansion when Nicole had her nightmare at the beginning of Friday's show? It was so dim and dramatic looking, like a throwback to Maison Blanche or something. Absolutely gorgeous!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Kenny, I assume you are talking about Monday's episode because none of the belly stuff aired yet.

I don't think we need to see what your talking about. I'm all for playing the beats but I think they went for shock with that. Granted, I have not viewed the episode yet but I don't see her using the padding as the defining moment. That was when she chose to lie to EJ in the first place IMO.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
PhoenixRising05
Mason
Dec 1 2008, 01:08 AM
Sorry, but there's not a snowball's chance in hell that this story is going to be better than Kristen/Susan. I doubt any writer could recycle that story and do it better, and I know Higley sure can't.
Never said it would be
Well, no worries, because I wasn't responding to you.
Ah, ok.

Mason

I don't think seeing Nicole buy the pillow was essential, but it would have been nice to see Nicole in a private moral dilemma right before she did buy it. I find that little scenes like that can add so much to a story.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 1 2008, 01:33 AM
^Kenny, I assume you are talking about Monday's episode because none of the belly stuff aired yet.

I don't think we need to see what your talking about. I'm all for playing the beats but I think they went for shock with that. Granted, I have not viewed the episode yet but I don't see her using the padding as the defining moment. That was when she chose to lie to EJ in the first place IMO.
Oh, is it Monday's show? I thought it was Friday's! My bad, LoL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I'm actually going to watch the whole episode now so I will be able to better comment.

No worries, Kenny. I knew what you meant.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Dec 1 2008, 01:37 AM
I don't think seeing Nicole buy the pillow was essential, but it would have been nice to see Nicole in a private moral dilemma right before she did buy it. I find that little scenes like that can add so much to a story.
Oh, no question.

I just think the moral dilemma came on Friday when she chose to tell the first lie. The padding is just an extension of that IMO.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Well, here are the clips from Monday's show so that everyone can see what I'm talking about, LoL.

Despite the fact that this is a very far-fetched storyline, I find that Nicole is the most believable now than she has been in years -- perhaps ever. The pain in Ari's voice as she talks about the miscarriage is just awesome. I can see this resonating with many viewers. Watching her clutch her stomach, now flat with no baby inside... so sad! So good.

"I did not miscarry my baby. I gave birth to a beautiful perfect little girl who was born asleep."

Mason

Oooh, the lighting in the DiMansion during Nicole's dream is spectacular!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I hate that everyone is walking around and hanging out outside like it's June. I know it has to be cold in Salem by now.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 1 2008, 01:46 AM
Oooh, the lighting in the DiMansion during Nicole's dream is spectacular!
Isn't it though? It reminds me of Maison Blanche! I love that moody dark lighting. This is a soap opera, damn it. It should be lit like one -- dramatic and moody! The sets look less cheap when they aren't so bright, as well. I'm tired of this sitcom lighting.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I watched the episode.

I didn't mind the Nicole stuff. I like the little details but I also don't want them to overdo it either. I thought the scenes worked fine.

The lighting for the nightmare was amazing. I don't mind the current lighting though. I don't want dark all the time. The lighting should reflect the mood of a scene so for the nightmare it worked but I don't want to see that lighting in every scene. They need to just vary the lighting.

I have to agree with Drew though. I don't mind people walking outside, drinking cocoa, etc at the park but for Kate and Daniel to be right outside Victor's mansion on the patio is stupid.

Having said that, Lauren Koslow broke my heart and that last scene with Bryan Dattilo was awesome. Bryan was making me all sad too. I also liked edgy EJ and the writing for Marlena was much better. Sandra looked good too. Much better then when I last saw her.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply