Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Dena Higley blog 12/2
Topic Started: Dec 3 2008, 12:38 AM (5,652 Views)
Ellie

renaissancegirl
Dec 7 2008, 09:03 PM
This blog is about WORK- I want to hear about any work that's actually being done, first off, or funny things that happen, backstage stuff, etc. She can mention the kids in passing, but having 99% of the blog about what every parents worries about is ridiculous. I'm not saying she can't blog about her kids- just not on her WORK BLOG.
I agree. A friend of mine thought of a good analogy - and I don't mean to be at all insensitive with this, but I think it's a good parallel. Let's say Dena was active in an organization for parents of autistic children, and she had a leadership role in the organization. The parents all shared experiences about their kids. So one day, someone said to her, Dena, why don't you write a blog for our autism parents website? So Dena said, sure, good idea! So she submitted a full page blog entry about Ken Corday, Gary Tomlin, her challenges at work, her messy office, and what she ate for lunch that day.

Sound ridiculous? I think that's exactly what she's doing here.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

It should be called "Pity the writer". She uses that blog for sympathy.

More than any other recent headwriter, DH has tried very hard to court affection from the public. During her first stint, she sent letters to fans who had written her that were "individualized" (whoever was doing it read the letters and then responded with some stock phrases that applied to the content of the fan's letter). I'd never seen such a thing - and it was obvious to me that she was going to do her best to get the fans on her side.

I think her blog is this go-round's attempt at the same thing. She wants you to relate to her and feel sorry for her, but lately all her blogs do is piss me off. I have an autistic son, and he would be mortified if I was so publicly blogging about him and things he has issues with. That is no one else's business but our own! I'm so appalled by the picture she painted of her oldest. Even if he has a hard time cooking for himself or navigating airports, why the freak is she announcing it to the world??? 'Cause obviously what he needs is more pressure. [/sarcasm]

I am only interested in hearing about Days from her, in any sort of capacity. I'd rather hear in painstaking detail how the crew assembles a set than any more personal crap from DH.

ges
Member Avatar

Sariah
Dec 7 2008, 11:28 PM
Quote:

It should be called "Pity the writer". She uses that blog for sympathy.

More than any other recent headwriter, DH has tried very hard to court affection from the public. During her first stint, she sent letters to fans who had written her that were "individualized" (whoever was doing it read the letters and then responded with some stock phrases that applied to the content of the fan's letter). I'd never seen such a thing - and it was obvious to me that she was going to do her best to get the fans on her side.

I think her blog is this go-round's attempt at the same thing. She wants you to relate to her and feel sorry for her, but lately all her blogs do is piss me off. I have an autistic son, and he would be mortified if I was so publicly blogging about him and things he has issues with. That is no one else's business but our own! I'm so appalled by the picture she painted of her oldest. Even if he has a hard time cooking for himself or navigating airports, why the freak is she announcing it to the world??? 'Cause obviously what he needs is more pressure. [/sarcasm]

I am only interested in hearing about Days from her, in any sort of capacity. I'd rather hear in painstaking detail how the crew assembles a set than any more personal crap from DH.
ITA :hail:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply