Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Dena Higley blog 12/2
Topic Started: Dec 3 2008, 12:38 AM (5,517 Views)
Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

IMissAremid
Dec 3 2008, 12:51 AM
Why does she think ANYONE would care about this boring blog? And why does she have to make a special point to bring up the autism thing and how she treats her kid with autism differently? Is that even good parenting to make it a point to treat your kids with special needs differently and tell people that? I mean I know her blog is already awful storytelling... but whatever. Publicizing this stuff is just BAD NEWS.

And Dena if this is your best, your best ain't good enough. If it's Corday's best it ain't good enough.

Quit enabling each other's delusions already and just give up the ghost already. Sheesh.
I have missed you around here IMA! Good to see ya posting.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

phloeishot
Member Avatar

If you want to read a REAL writer's blog you should check out the one for Grey's Anatomy called Grey Matter on the ABC website.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Well, as usual I'm in the minority.

First off, what the hell do people want her to say? The show is a mess right now and she has no idea who will be cut next or what will happen so how can she talk about the show and stories when things are still uncertain? She's probably been told not to say anything and, after the debacle of this past summer, I'm surprised she still has this blog because there is no way the show will want her to talk about what happens behind the scenes and such when she's still working there. She has nothing else to talk about but her life and I don't really mind it. I just don't understand keeping the blog if that's all she has to talk about. Like Ellie said, she's not an actor. However, I don't blame her. I think this is all NBC and Corday and has been since the beginning just like the autism story was all on them. Of course, Dena agreed to it but I'm pretty sure they did it to drudge up good PR for her.

Truth be told I do think Corday is doing everything he can. Yes, the guy is a screwup but right now I really do think he is trying to do what he can to save the show. His past and his mistakes are well-documented and, for me, all that matters is right now and the future and that is what she is talking about. I don't envy the guy at all. Whatever the case, she has to say what she said. He's her boss.

I also find it a bit rude to call her son a moron. Go ahead and bash Higley but the kids are not a part of this, especially one who is autistic. Yes, Higley is mentioning them and putting them in the public forum but that doesn't open the door to bash the kids. Bashing her, sure because it's her choice but the kids aren't writing the show. I don't see a need for that at all. bash her and bash the blog but I think the kids are off limits.

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 3 2008, 01:06 AM
First off, what the hell do people want her to say?
Nothing, preferably.

Ellie

Angie79
Dec 3 2008, 12:59 AM
I knew that this would get everyone going! :laugh:
LOL Angie! But what I think is so funny is that this is Dena's fifth or sixth blog entry like this, where she discusses her kids and not the show. Every single time these are posted on any board, she gets totally skewered for it. Why does she keep writing these? Even if she herself doesn't read boards, someone at the show must. I really can't believe she's still putting out blog entries like this.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Zzzzzz...... go write a book then if you think anyone really cares about your personal life, Higley. :sleep:

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

PhoenixRising05

First off, what the hell do people want her to say? The show is a mess right now and she has no idea who will be cut next or what will happen so how can she talk about the show and stories when things are still uncertain? She's probably been told not to say anything and, after the debacle of this past summer, I'm surprised she still has this blog because there is no way the show will want her to talk about what happens behind the scenes and such when she's still working there. She has nothing else to talk about but her life and I don't really mind it. I just don't understand keeping the blog if that's all she has to talk about. Like Ellie said, she's not an actor. However, I don't blame her. I think this is all NBC and Corday and has been since the beginning just like the autism story was all on them. Of course, Dena agreed to it but I'm pretty sure they did it to drudge up good PR for her.

Truth be told I do think Corday is doing everything he can. Yes, the guy is a screwup but right now I really do think he is trying to do what he can to save the show. His past and his mistakes are well-documented and, for me, all that matters is right now and the future and that is what she is talking about. I don't envy the guy at all. Whatever the case, she has to say what she said. He's her boss.

I also find it a bit rude to call her son a moron. Go ahead and bash Higley but the kids are not a part of this, especially one who is autistic. Yes, Higley is mentioning them and putting them in the public forum but that doesn't open the door to bash the kids. Bashing her, sure because it's her choice but the kids aren't writing the show. I don't see a need for that at all. bash her and bash the blog but I think the kids are off limits.
That says a whole lot Tim if the bitch can't find one positive thing to say about the show she is HW. You are entitled to your opinion, I just don't see how you can keep defending the one woman who is killing your favorite soap.

And yes I know Corday is the main problem, but that doesn't give DH a free pass to continue to write boring storylines and not be ridiculed to no end.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Tim, many "soap junkies" like everyone here would love any backstage tidbit. For example, she could take one scene, tell us how she thought of it, and tell us how she revised it. That would be interesting! Or, how about, what's a typical workday like for her? What is her office like? How about the writers meetings? Who runs them? What is discussed? What exactly does a breakdown writer do? What's Dena's favorite part of her job? What's an example of a story that she thought would work well but didn't translate well on screen? What did she learn from that?

Any topic related to writing would be very interesting! Instead, she ignores the idea entirely. That's why I think that most here are so incredibly frustrated and annoyed whenever a new blog entry comes out.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
I also find it a bit rude to call her son a moron.
It was.

I think her writing is rude, LoL. I see your point though. ;)

Honestly though, if her kids are off limits and she doesn't want them discussed, then perhaps she should stop writing blog after blog about them.

Mason
Member Avatar

Actually, scratch that. What I'd like for Higley to say is that she's realized she can't write for shit, and she's going to leave DAYS and never write soap opera ever again.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Although Dena has never really discussed the show anyway, and I could be wrong here, but I honestly think she barely mentions the show just because she's not happy. Again I could be wrong, but its just a vibe I get.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Mason
Member Avatar

daysfan
Dec 3 2008, 01:15 AM
Although Dena has never really discussed the show anyway, and I could be wrong here, but I honestly think she barely mentions the show just because she's not happy. Again I could be wrong, but its just a vibe I get.
Well, if she's not happy, she's welcome to QUIT! LoL!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 3 2008, 01:16 AM
daysfan
Well, if she's not happy, she's welcome to QUIT! LoL!
She has it too sweet at Days to quit. She's paid great money to pee on a page and she's also paid under the table... literally. Corday's desk, to be more specific.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kirk
Dec 3 2008, 01:14 AM
PhoenixRising05

That says a whole lot Tim if the bitch can't find one positive thing to say about the show she is HW. You are entitled to your opinion, I just don't see how you can keep defending the one woman who is killing your favorite soap.

And yes I know Corday is the main problem, but that doesn't give DH a free pass to continue to write boring storylines and not be ridiculed to no end.
Not giving her a free pass (keep in mind, I like alot of what she has done on the show and feel her run has been marred by scandal, cuts, and the Corday). I'm not saying she would've done better but we will never know.

Just saying that in her blog, I don't expect her to say much behind the scenes stuff (especially now) and I certainly don't expect her to throw Corday under the bus. It's her boss.

People can ridicule her for stories, the blog (although I think she gets fed what she can and can't say and what they want her to say), etc but I just thought her children should not be brought into it.

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 3 2008, 01:20 AM
Not giving her a free pass (keep in mind, I like alot of what she has done on the show and feel her run has been marred by scandal, cuts, and the Corday). I'm not saying she would've done better but we will never know.
Other writers have had to deal with Corday and cuts too and they've put out stuff better than this. As for scandal, well, she's responsible for a great deal of that, so I have no sympathy. Scandal's kind of what happens when you steal someone's job and act as a scab on top of being a just plain crappy writer.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Dec 3 2008, 01:14 AM
PhoenixRising05
Tim, many "soap junkies" like everyone here would love any backstage tidbit. For example, she could take one scene, tell us how she thought of it, and tell us how she revised it. That would be interesting! Or, how about, what's a typical workday like for her? What is her office like? How about the writers meetings? Who runs them? What is discussed? What exactly does a breakdown writer do? What's Dena's favorite part of her job? What's an example of a story that she thought would work well but didn't translate well on screen? What did she learn from that?

Any topic related to writing would be very interesting! Instead, she ignores the idea entirely. That's why I think that most here are so incredibly frustrated and annoyed whenever a new blog entry comes out.
Actually, I'm not sure if she can do that.

Notice how Casiello never did until he was unemployed. None of us know what can and can't be said and if she's even being allowed to write what she wants here.

I do feel daysfan is on to something and I will add to it. I don't think she's happy. She can't be. Between the strike, co-HW and writing team changes, the Scott and diva bullshit, EP change, and now these cuts...she has had no period where she and her team can just write. That is why I can't totally bash her writing. How the hell do I know what is her's and how the hell do I bash something when she can't even get a story out there before the other shoe drops? It's the same way it was with Hogan. The show is inconsistent because something is always coming up behind the scenes.

I also think this blog is nothing but NBC and Corday trying to drudge up support and good PR for the show and Higley. I don't think she wants any part of this. It's not like she exploited her life and kids before. She doesn't post that often either. I would not be surprised if they tell her what to write.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
PhoenixRising05
I also find it a bit rude to call her son a moron.
It was.

I think her writing is rude, LoL. I see your point though. ;)

Honestly though, if her kids are off limits and she doesn't want them discussed, then perhaps she should stop writing blog after blog about them.
Your right (and didn't mean to be harsh, Kenny. Just felt that her kids don't need to be dragged into this).

However, if she's stupid enough to put her kids out there like that, that's her problem (the show may be responsible as I posted but she can stick to her guns too) but I still think it's right to just leave that issue alone and go at Higley rather then her kids.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 3 2008, 01:20 AM
Just saying that in her blog, I don't expect her to say much behind the scenes stuff (especially now) and I certainly don't expect her to throw Corday under the bus. It's her boss.
You're right. In Higley's defense, there isn't really much she can say about what goes on behind-the-scenes at Days.

daysfan
Member Avatar

When it comes to her blog, here's my main problem, and I don't care whether its Dena's fault or the promoter's or whoever's:

It is promoted as "Dish with Dena", and about "getting scoop from Days Headwriter"...and when people say THAT, I am assuming that they mean about the show, not her life. Not to say she doesn't have a right to talk about her own personal life, BUT, if thats what this blog is for, it needs to be renamed. I think thats what gets me the most.

Because it feels like I see her blog all over the official Days sites, and the name and description is what gets me. Because IMO, this is not "dishing" or "getting the scoop". In a way it is...but about her personal life. It just shouldn't have such a misleading title.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply