Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Rafe stabbed, Sami in danger!
Topic Started: Dec 3 2008, 11:42 AM (6,220 Views)
Jonatha

Please link to DR:

Rafe is out to protect Sami this week but finds himself being tracked down by the mayor's killer. Rafe is stabbed and realizes Sami is in grave danger.

While trimming their Christmas tree Rafe and Sami begin to realize they are alone and stuck with each other. Rafe begins to feel sorry for Sami not being able to be with her children and family during Christmas.

Things get worse for Sami when Roman calls and puts EJ on the phone. EJ tells her that they are over and he has decided to move on with Nicole. Sami breaks down after the phone call and Rafe tries to tell her that she should move on as well. Sami tells him that is not possible because of her pregnancy. Rafe vows to protect Sami and her unborn child. "That's his job," Galen Gering explains. "He doesn't want her to feel bad or have undue stress. He cares about Sami and doesn't want to see her hurt."

Things get out of hand for Rafe when Sami persuades him to buy Christmas gifts for her kids. Rafe agrees to go out and leaves Hilda with Sami. On his way back, the killer spots Rafe on the docks. A fight ensues and Rafe is stabbed. He struggles to make it back to the safe house without being trailed by the killer. Rafe worries that he has failed in his mission to protect Sami since the killer now knows who he is. Rafe begins to think someone else should be brought in to protect Sami.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

LoL, as if anyone cares about Rafe. He can bleed out and die, for all I care.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

You read my mind Mason. :wave:

Days4Life

I really hate this story. It was a huge mistake to isolate Sami so early. They should have either kept her in Salem for awhile or, better yet, rested the character for a few months. As for Rafe, I don't care in the slightest what happens to him. And it's laughable that Sami is all upset about losing EJ to Nicole. She had a million chances and rebuffed him constantly, never saying a word about being in love with him. Other characters told her she loved EJ--or had "feelings" for him--but it never came from Sami directly. If she loved him, she would have told him about this baby and worked with him to protect the new baby AND Johnny.

Ponz
Member Avatar

Rafe stabbed! Sami in danger! Viewers don't care!

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Jonatha ....

Wow how insensitive of EJ, Sami is in the WPP and he breaks up with her over the phone .... wait a second wasn't EJ and Sami over already? What was that whole cabin scene about? Sami crying, EJ on the porch looking all sad ...

I agree with the poster who said it would have been better if they just set Sami off screen for months instead of paying an actor to do duet acting with Ali just to keep her on the screen! Rafe and Sami are pretty boring - I suppose Rafe getting stabbed could create some excitement.

What is the point of EJ telling Sami it's over and he's moving on? I think Sami already knows that!
Edited by cjknick, Dec 3 2008, 12:16 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Jonatha
Dec 3 2008, 11:42 AM
Things get worse for Sami when Roman calls and puts EJ on the phone. EJ tells her that they are over and he has decided to move on with Nicole.
Seems unnecessary since they're not married any more and the marriage was only a technicality anyway, but whatever. If only I could be certain that that was the last EJami scene I would ever have to watch.

As for Sami and Rafe, they are so incredibly boring. It would have been far better to send Sami off canvas if they just absolutely had to write her pregnancy in, rather than to bring in someone new who costs money and pay him just to interact with one character. In these days of budget cuts that has to be one of the stupidest decisions ever.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Dec 3 2008, 11:42 AM
EJ tells her that they are over and he has decided to move on
He didn't figure that out when she called their night together a mistake that she would take back if she could? When she swore she was in love with Lucas? When she called him a control freak and didn't want anything to do with him? Threw the ring back at him and signed the annulment papers in his face without batting an eye?

She NEVER loved you, EJ!!! If I didn't believe it before, I believe it now that she is hiding your child from you and doesn't trust you to care for your children.

I can't even believe he had to make that call....where Lucas, the love of Sami's life, just got engaged without even a thought to Sami.

As for Sami and Rafe, I could give a crap! Neither are very likeable and their story is a waste of time. Sami should have taken her children to go visit Eric or Caustin.
This is so stupid!
Edited by Alligato, Dec 3 2008, 01:17 PM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Is there any explanation for this awful Sami-Rafe story? Was it just to keep Ali Sweeney on the show doing SOMETHING during the Biggest Loser season?

I mean I'm just bored out of my mind watching this and I'm actually one who LIKES Galen Gering. Poor Rafe. Not getting stabbed mind you... I mean if he bleeds to death I see that as kind of a sweet relief. I say poor Rafe for being yet another sucker falling for Sami's bullshit for inexplicable reasons.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Dec 3 2008, 01:29 PM
Is there any explanation for this awful Sami-Rafe story? Was it just to keep Ali Sweeney on the show doing SOMETHING during the Biggest Loser season?
They came up with this story so Sweeney could eat pickles or whatever it was.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Obviously this is a catalyst for Safe, but Sami and EJ are "over"? LMAO!As if there was anything to there begin with that needed to end. No matter how much Dena re-writes it to serve her agenda driven, inconsistent writing, I still remember the past 2 years of Days and that EJ and Sami were never together other than a marriage in name only which only happened because of threats from DiMeras and John's death. Sami looks repulsed and uncomfortable with EJ and EJ hasn't looked remotely interested in her in months. She is only devastated because her lapdog has found happiness with her enemy.
I liked Rafe at first, but being around Sami all of the time has hurt his character. It's to the point where I'm not even finding him that physically attractive anymore. His character still has potential but I need to see him interact with the rest of the canvas.
Edited by DolceDiMera, Dec 3 2008, 01:41 PM.

lucaluca

When were EJ and Sami ever 'together'? Didn't they have their 'moving on' conversation at the cabin, when she told him to be with Nicole? What's the point of this phone call? It's as bad as Berger's 'Post-It' breakup note, LOL. I fucking hate this EJ, what a tool and a fool. Do you think he bothers to ask how she's doing or tell her anything about Johnny, the child he's apparently forgotten now that Nicole and her shambelly are now his #1 priority? For that matter, I wonder if Sami will even get a chance to ask about Johnny during this convo, since she's not overly worried about leaving him with EJ at the DiMansion, where the dreaded Stefano can take him. This whole story is full of inconsistencies and incredibly lame.

cjknick
Member Avatar

What is the purpose of this phone call????

It could be that we get to see that even though it is not being said we see that EJ and Sami still love each other....or we are seeing Sami and EJ mirror each other yet again .... Sami ended it with EJ via a phone call and he ended up sleeping with Nicole - so perhaps Sami will end up sleeping with Rafe!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lucaluca
Dec 3 2008, 01:40 PM
When were EJ and Sami ever 'together'? Didn't they have their 'moving on' conversation at the cabin, when she told him to be with Nicole? What's the point of this phone call? It's as bad as Berger's 'Post-It' breakup note, LOL. I fucking hate this EJ, what a tool and a fool. Do you think he bothers to ask how she's doing or tell her anything about Johnny, the child he's apparently forgotten now that Nicole and her shambelly are now his #1 priority? For that matter, I wonder if Sami will even get a chance to ask about Johnny during this convo, since she's not overly worried about leaving him with EJ at the DiMansion, where the dreaded Stefano can take him. This whole story is full of inconsistencies and incredibly lame.
Luca, GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!! ITA with your post right down to the "post-it note" reference!! This storyline totally SUCKS!!! :frustration:

Dr. Chip

Maybe the WPP could be permanent. Sami and Rafe could have their own spinoff show, and Alison Sweeney could write it.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Fine, I will be the only person to admit that I like Rafe and Sami lol It gives Sami a new romance which she has needed. And although many on this board may not agree, Sami is a popular character and it allows to have a reduced schedule, while she is pregnant and shooting the her other show, while also keeping Sami's pregnancy a secret from EJ. I have always hated the idea of any sort of "love" between EJ and Sami, and I think Sami and Lucas are a dead end. I'm glad that Sami has someone new.

Mason

I won't disagree that Sami needs someone new or that she's a popular character. However, what the character really needs right now more than anything is a break. It's a shame she couldn't be given one.

Alligato
Member Avatar

When you put it like that goldy, that is one positive that comes out of this. There is no more triangle with Sami in it...and their golden girl has a new love because she just can't be without one.
I'd give anything to like Sami again...even bad girl Sami.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I really couldn't give a damn about these two. I'm going to be killing him off in my blog anyways. :D

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 3 2008, 02:51 PM
I won't disagree that Sami needs someone new or that she's a popular character. However, what the character really needs right now more than anything is a break. It's a shame she couldn't be given one.
I miss bad girl Sami something awful. My hope for Sami has always been to be the sort of character Vicky on AW was, or Carly on ATWT (Just not as trampy). I just want to see Snarky, sneaky Sami, but without all of the screaching and crying.

I certainly could do with a long break from her, but again I really do think for many people it is still a comfort to see her. Of course, the people on this board don't represent that lol and on a superficial note, I find Galen appealing to look at it, and his acting isn't that bad.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply