Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Rafe stabbed, Sami in danger!
Topic Started: Dec 3 2008, 11:42 AM (6,226 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

goldylicious
Dec 3 2008, 03:04 PM
I miss bad girl Sami something awful. My hope for Sami has always been to be the sort of character Vicky on AW was, or Carly on ATWT (Just not as trampy). I just want to see Snarky, sneaky Sami, but without all of the screaching and crying.

I certainly could do with a long break from her, but again I really do think for many people it is still a comfort to see her. Of course, the people on this board don't represent that lol and on a superficial note, I find Galen appealing to look at it, and his acting isn't that bad.
That's all I want as well. Sami can still be bad without coming off as immature and childish.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

DrewHamilton
Dec 3 2008, 03:05 PM
goldylicious
Dec 3 2008, 03:04 PM
I miss bad girl Sami something awful. My hope for Sami has always been to be the sort of character Vicky on AW was, or Carly on ATWT (Just not as trampy). I just want to see Snarky, sneaky Sami, but without all of the screaching and crying.

I certainly could do with a long break from her, but again I really do think for many people it is still a comfort to see her. Of course, the people on this board don't represent that lol and on a superficial note, I find Galen appealing to look at it, and his acting isn't that bad.
That's all I want as well. Sami can still be bad without coming off as immature and childish.
Me too. I really just don't understand why that's so difficult for every writer on this show to do.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Yeah, I want to see Sami as a fun bitch who takes no prisoners. Even though I think it was Hogan who changed the character for the worst, I will always remember one of the funniest scenes of hers. I can't remember if it was Hogan or Beth who was writing at the time. Sami had crashed Austin and Carrie's wedding and let them both have it. She mentioned how Carrie was a two time cheater, and yet she (Sami) was stll the bad girl. She was drunk and was just hilarious,

Mason

goldylicious
Dec 3 2008, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I want to see Sami as a fun bitch who takes no prisoners. Even though I think it was Hogan who changed the character for the worst, I will always remember one of the funniest scenes of hers. I can't remember if it was Hogan or Beth who was writing at the time. Sami had crashed Austin and Carrie's wedding and let them both have it. She mentioned how Carrie was a two time cheater, and yet she (Sami) was stll the bad girl. She was drunk and was just hilarious,
I believe that was after Hogan had just started. And honestly, I can understand what he was trying to do with Sami, but it was just way too much, way too fast. There really was no transition from the spitfiery bad girl to the noble, self-sacrificing heroine.

cjknick
Member Avatar

The bottom line for me is that the Best story is a Brady and a DiMera love affair. Which is Sami and EJ. They already went the Santo/Colleen route ... we already have a baby from the union and another baby on the way .... the pairing of EJ and Sami if written correctly should have been and can still be interesting for a long long time....

Rafe and Sami get a big who cares from me and EJ and Nicole get another who care from me too ... big deal a DiMera and a Walker get together it just doesn't have the same longevity and storyline possibility as the forbidden and shocking union of the DiMera heir and the Brady daughter.....

Mason

E.J. and Sami, at one time, had enormous potential. But that ship has long since sailed, IMO.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 3 2008, 03:28 PM
E.J. and Sami, at one time, had enormous potential. But that ship has long since sailed, IMO.
The pairing of EJ and Sami could have been the golden ticket back to the top of the ratings had it been written correctly. The angst could have been endless, the twistiness of storyline could have been weaved into a beautiful forbidden lovestory. EJ could have been the good DiMera who fell in love with the very bad Brady. The feuding famlies could have done everything to keep them apart ... Stefano and Marlena who are now mutual grandparents of their children could have gone toe to toe .... John being a DiMera is a great twist and he and his step brother could have taken this feud to a new level ....

Had EJ been brought up by his mother without his father's influence only to come to Salem because he found out who his real father was and wanted to meet him and know him thinking it was John Black but finding out that it was Stefano ... enter bad girl Sami Brady, EJ is intrigued by this women and not knowing about the bad blood falls in love with her and she with him not knowing that he is Stefano's son .... When it is discovered that these two A Brady and A DiMera are in love it becomes a rather tragic and angsty forbidden love ... and the war between the Brady's and the DiMera ignites again!
Edited by cjknick, Dec 3 2008, 04:27 PM.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

cjknick
Dec 3 2008, 03:37 PM
Mason
The pairing of EJ and Sami could have been the golden ticket back to the top of the ratings had it been written correctly. The angst could have been endless, the twistiness of storyline could have been weaved into a beautiful forbidden lovestory. EJ could have been the good DiMera who fell in love with the very bad Brady. The feuding famlies could have done everything to keep them apart ... Stefano and Marlena who are now mutual grandparents of their children could have gone toe to toe .... John being a DiMera is a great twist and he and his step brother could have taken this feud to a new level ....
I agree about the EJ-Sami story potential. The actors have great chemistry and I think Sami and EJ will forever be bound together because of their history and children. Personally, I just can't get past that infamous night in the car. I can see Sami being drawn to EJ's dark side, I can see her seeing parts of herself in him. I just can't wrap my head around her actually being in love with him. I can't see them being all romantic with each other. I want them in a story together, but romance, for me at least, it just makes Sami seem more twisted than EJ.

Down the road, a Nicole, EJ, Sami, Rafe quad would rock. I don't want Sami and EJ away from each other, but I also don't want them as some sappy supercouple

lucaluca

Mason
I know it's an UO here, but I still feel like there's potential in an EJ and Sami story. However, I have ZERO confidence in the ability of the current writing staff to give them a compelling, layered, romantic story. IMO, Hackley hates the character of Sami and has completely ruined EJ. I'm also afraid that her attempt to bring back any sort of 'gray' EJ is just going to do further damage to this character. She's made little attempt to 'get' either character and is therefore writing them the way she wants to write them (and to suit her 'plots'), with virtually no regard for what the fans of these characters might want.

cjknick
Member Avatar

goldylicious
Dec 3 2008, 03:53 PM
cjknick
Mason
I agree about the EJ-Sami story potential. The actors have great chemistry and I think Sami and EJ will forever be bound together because of their history and children. Personally, I just can't get past that infamous night in the car. I can see Sami being drawn to EJ's dark side, I can see her seeing parts of herself in him. I just can't wrap my head around her actually being in love with him. I can't see them being all romantic with each other. I want them in a story together, but romance, for me at least, it just makes Sami seem more twisted than EJ.

Down the road, a Nicole, EJ, Sami, Rafe quad would rock. I don't want Sami and EJ away from each other, but I also don't want them as some sappy supercouple
When Hogan decided to go with that scene I wrote a post that suggested that Hogan just gave us the scene that will kill the ratings ... it would be a ratings killer ... Days went from a 2.5 rating to a 1.9 rating in 9 weeks after that scene. I think that Hogan knew as did others that they had to stop the ratings slide - he screwed up! The green wedding and the prep for the green wedding including a terrorizing EJ was a ratings bust. Late March and early April the production went dark - they did some rewrites - they brought back Joe to play Stefano and they came up with Santeen which was to allow Ali and James to work together in a romantic s/l because they screwed it up with that Dec 29th scene. The Santeen s/l was suppose to be shorter and it also had a different ending but the network was getting some very positive feedback about this s/l that they wanted it to be longer - because of that the s/l which was supposed to have been that Santo was killed by a bomb that was planted in the toy truck by Pete Brady developed into this longer storyline about Santo wife and Colleen supposed suicide. Days writer's are still haunted by that stupid ill conceived Dec 29th scene. EJ and Sami had been and still may be the best possible lovestory. There are many fans that still want to see it happen and had it not been for that stupid scene and had they written EJ and Sami's story correctly I think Days would have maintained their ratings and Days would not be in the trouble they are in now!

mesagirl
Member Avatar

goldylicious
cjknick
Mason

This is my thinking as well. Plus EJ did more to her than just force her to have sex with him. Although pivotal in my not being to ever being able to accept them together romantically, he's also tried to kill off her unborn twins, shot and left her step-father for dead, helped brainwash one of her Uncles, then sent Uncle Steve out to kill her Uncle Bo and cousin Shawn (and these are just a few of the things that EJ has done). There's just too many injustices that EJ has done against Sami personally, and her family for it to make one bit of sense that she could look at him lovingly. People view what happened on 12/29 in different ways, but you can't discount or explain away everything else that EJ has done with just a "different point of view".

As for the phone call, I have to wonder if maybe that's more for the viewers than for the plot line itself? It's pretty clear that EJami as a possible romantic pairing is done, but a lot of people still are holding out some kind of hope for those two. I personally can't wait to hear EJ utter the words finally himself... it's over. I just hope the writing follows through.
Edited by mesagirl, Dec 3 2008, 04:26 PM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

cjknick
Dec 3 2008, 04:17 PM
goldylicious
cjknick
Mason

When Hogan decided to go with that scene I wrote a post that suggested that Hogan just gave us the scene that will kill the ratings ... it would be a ratings killer ... Days went from a 2.5 rating to a 1.9 rating in 9 weeks after that scene. I think that Hogan knew as did others that they had to stop the ratings slide - he screwed up! The green wedding and the prep for the green wedding including a terrorizing EJ was a ratings bust. Late March and early April the production went dark - they did some rewrites - they brought back Joe to play Stefano and they came up with Santeen which was to allow Ali and James to work together in a romantic s/l because they screwed it up with that Dec 29th scene. The Santeen s/l was suppose to be shorter and it also had a different ending but the network was getting some very positive feedback about this s/l that they wanted it to be longer - because of that the s/l which was supposed to have been that Santo was killed by a bomb that was planted in the toy truck by Pete Brady developed into this longer storyline about Santo wife and Colleen supposed suicide. Days writer's are still haunted by that stupid ill conceived Dec 29th scene. EJ and Sami had been and still may be the best possible lovestory. There are many fans that still want to see it happen and had it not been for that stupid scene and had they written EJ and Sami's story correctly I think Days would have maintained their ratings and Days would not be in the trouble they are in now!
Sorry but this is fanbase propaganda at it's finest.

cjknick
Member Avatar

mesagirl
Dec 3 2008, 04:24 PM
goldylicious
cjknick
Mason

This is my thinking as well. Plus EJ did more to her than just force her to have sex with him. Although pivotal in my not being to ever being able to accept them together romantically, he's also tried to kill off her unborn twins, shot and left her step-father for dead, helped brainwash one of her Uncles, then sent Uncle Steve out to kill her Uncle Bo and cousin Shawn (and these are just a few of the things that EJ has done). There's just too many injustices that EJ has done against Sami personally, and her family for it to make one bit of sense that she could look at him lovingly. People view what happened on 12/29 in different ways, but you can't discount or explain away everything else that EJ has done with just a "different point of view".

As for the phone call, I have to wonder if maybe that's more for the viewers than for the plot line itself? It's pretty clear that EJami as a possible romantic pairing is done, but a lot of people still are holding out some kind of hope for those two. I personally can't wait to hear EJ utter the words finally himself... it's over. I just hope the writing follows through.
A lovestory between a DiMera and a Brady had to happen sometime .... EJ and Sami should have been it - now that they have children - the Brady/DiMera legacy is solidified ... you really can't down the road tell this lovestory this forbidden lovestory again because it was already started somewhat with Sami and EJ and the legacy has already been started with their children! The writer's failed big time in the telling of this romance.... What a missed opportunity!

cjknick
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Dec 3 2008, 04:31 PM
cjknick
goldylicious
cjknick
Mason

how so ... this came from TC! - he is the one who wrote Santeen! Anyone who has listened to TC on Daytime confidential radio shows can verify!
Edited by cjknick, Dec 3 2008, 04:38 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

cjknick
Dec 3 2008, 04:35 PM
Sindacco
Dec 3 2008, 04:31 PM
cjknick
goldylicious
cjknick
Mason

how so ... this came from TC! - he is the one who wrote Santeen!
I can't speak for Sindacco, but in my opinion it's propaganda to say that ratings would never have dropped had EJ and Sami been written to be a love story. Not only can it never be proved, at this point it's simply wishful thinking, IMO. I used to be an EJami fan and then I got royally sick of Sami and my perception that she wasn't denying love for EJ; she just didn't love him, period. I saw the original chemistry fade to nothingness and EJ was rewritten as a groveling lapdog nanny so he could be "good enough" for Sami. I actually hated EJ and found him physically unattractive for basically almost the first half of 2008, until he started spending time with Nicole.

I realize opinions vary about this, but for me, the EJami ship sailed a long time ago, as it did for many viewers. I just don't see the point of speculating what might have happened to the ratings if 12/29 never happened.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

cjknick
Dec 3 2008, 04:33 PM
mesagirl
Dec 3 2008, 04:24 PM
goldylicious
cjknick
Mason

A lovestory between a DiMera and a Brady had to happen sometime .... EJ and Sami should have been it - now that they have children - the Brady/DiMera legacy is solidified ... you really can't down the road tell this lovestory this forbidden lovestory again because it was already started somewhat with Sami and EJ and the legacy has already been started with their children! The writer's failed big time in the telling of this romance.... What a missed opportunity!
I am not sure that the writers did fail with EJami. I've never seen a romance between them play out on my screen anyway. Some viewers think they were destined to be together, others, feel that they are destined to be enemies, or maybe frenemies at best. I personally enjoy EJ and Sami when they are apart. Who's to say this was not their intention all along?

There was a love story between a DiMera and a Brady... Santo and Colleen. Which resulted in a child... John. We even got to see the whole "love story" unfold in front of us. If there is going to be another attempt at a DiMera/Brady love story, I think it's going to have to wait another generation at this point. ^_^

Days4Life

cjknick
Mason

Had EJ been brought up by his mother without his father's influence only to come to Salem because he found out who his real father was and wanted to meet him and know him thinking it was John Black but finding out that it was Stefano ... enter bad girl Sami Brady, EJ is intrigued by this women and not knowing about the bad blood falls in love with her and she with him not knowing that he is Stefano's son .... When it is discovered that these two A Brady and A DiMera are in love it becomes a rather tragic and angsty forbidden love ... and the war between the Brady's and the DiMera ignites again!
I can't believe how all that potential was wasted. Hogan blew it big time with EJ and Sami. And the thing is, that story practically wrote itself! All destroyed by that infamous episode.

LovingDays

I love this storyline love Rami together Ej is an ass**** i hope Nicole goes back to Brady and EJ become Evil again

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

goldylicious
cjknick
Mason

When has Sami been anything but twisted, especially when it comes to matters of the heart?

Girlfriend date raped her first love object and made him think he knocked her up even though she knew he loved her sister. She also later made up child abuse charges, committed numerous acts of blackmail and doctoring of medical records to recapture and keep the bastard.

Bitch fell in love with her first baby daddy AFTER she knew he let her be tried, convicted, sent to Death Row and lethally injected for the murder of her fiance that he himself had committed.

From a character continuity standpoint, it really is only natural for Sami to want to be with EJ and be sexually attracted to him, especially NOW when he is with a rival of hers.

If Rafe wants something to happen with Sami I think the key is him announcing he's engaged to Kate and pushing her down a flight of stairs.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Paxton
Dec 3 2008, 04:42 PM
I can't speak for Sindacco, but in my opinion it's propaganda to say that ratings would never have dropped had EJ and Sami been written to be a love story. Not only can it never be proved, at this point it's simply wishful thinking, IMO. I used to be an EJami fan and then I got royally sick of Sami and my perception that she wasn't denying love for EJ; she just didn't love him, period. I saw the original chemistry fade to nothingness and EJ was rewritten as a groveling lapdog nanny so he could be "good enough" for Sami. I actually hated EJ and found him physically unattractive for basically almost the first half of 2008, until he started spending time with Nicole.

I realize opinions vary about this, but for me, the EJami ship sailed a long time ago, as it did for many viewers. I just don't see the point of speculating what might have happened to the ratings if 12/29 never happened.
Paxton - this is awesome! You put it how I see it.

I used to be the biggest EJami, but after this past year, I just can't buy them anymore unless the writers pull something really big to make me believe that Sami has always loved EJ....because she has treated him like nothing but shit all year.
I used to see amazing chemistry, but in their last scenes, it was gone. I don't know if it is the actors, or the writing, but AS and JS could make any scene hot, and their cabin scenes, stairwell scenes fell so flat.

Once upon a time, EJami rocked! But it lost something when EJ had to grovel and prove himself to the woman who has commit some of the most awful schemes. I hate hypocrite, crying, crazy Sami.
Recently, I have been glad that EJami was put out of their misery. They ruined it, not with 12.29 but with 2007-2008.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply