Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Rafe stabbed, Sami in danger!
Topic Started: Dec 3 2008, 11:42 AM (6,112 Views)
cjknick
Member Avatar

Alligato
Dec 3 2008, 05:44 PM
Paxton
Dec 3 2008, 04:42 PM
I can't speak for Sindacco, but in my opinion it's propaganda to say that ratings would never have dropped had EJ and Sami been written to be a love story. Not only can it never be proved, at this point it's simply wishful thinking, IMO. I used to be an EJami fan and then I got royally sick of Sami and my perception that she wasn't denying love for EJ; she just didn't love him, period. I saw the original chemistry fade to nothingness and EJ was rewritten as a groveling lapdog nanny so he could be "good enough" for Sami. I actually hated EJ and found him physically unattractive for basically almost the first half of 2008, until he started spending time with Nicole.

I realize opinions vary about this, but for me, the EJami ship sailed a long time ago, as it did for many viewers. I just don't see the point of speculating what might have happened to the ratings if 12/29 never happened.
Paxton - this is awesome! You put it how I see it.

I used to be the biggest EJami, but after this past year, I just can't buy them anymore unless the writers pull something really big to make me believe that Sami has always loved EJ....because she has treated him like nothing but shit all year.
I used to see amazing chemistry, but in their last scenes, it was gone. I don't know if it is the actors, or the writing, but AS and JS could make any scene hot, and their cabin scenes, stairwell scenes fell so flat.

Once upon a time, EJami rocked! But it lost something when EJ had to grovel and prove himself to the woman who has commit some of the most awful schemes. I hate hypocrite, crying, crazy Sami.
Recently, I have been glad that EJami was put out of their misery. They ruined it, not with 12.29 but with 2007-2008.

I have to disagree I think EJ and Sami were written very well up to the 4th of July elevator sex scene .... There was this attraction, the glances, the mere touches .... The fireside scene after EJ turned on Stefano. When EJ held Sami as she cried about her Shawn's death, I thought the cabin scenes were wonderful, EJ with Johnny and becoming a father, EJ becoming his own man away from Stefano's influence, their angst with Mr. Burke and immigration and then Sami's jealousy over Nicole. The forgiveness scene and then their lovemaking scene which is one of the best love scenes I have ever seen and then EJ drunk scene in the foyer....

I think the first part of 2008 was pretty good - the second half not so much.
Edited by cjknick, Dec 3 2008, 05:58 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ges
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 3 2008, 11:47 AM
LoL, as if anyone cares about Rafe. He can bleed out and die, for all I care.
I'm fresh out of bandages. buh bye

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Quote:

I have to disagree I think EJ and Sami were written very well up to the 4th of July elevator sex scene .... There was this attraction, the glances, the mere touches .... The fireside scene after EJ turned on Stefano. When EJ held Sami as she cried about her Shawn's death, I thought the cabin scenes were wonderful, EJ with Johnny and becoming a father, EJ becoming his own man away from Stefano's influence, their angst with Mr. Burke and immigration and then Sami's jealousy over Nicole. The forgiveness scene and then their lovemaking scene which is one of the best love scenes I have ever seen and then EJ drunk scene in the foyer....

With all due respect, that's your opinion as an EJami fan, to which you are of course entitled. I found all of EJami interaction in 2008 to be first boring and then proceeding into unwatchable. I've loathed Sami for months. I gave the EJami sex scenes a chance and thought they were terrible. I see no chemistry between them at all whereas I see abundant chemistry between EJ and Nicole. Chemistry is subjective and we like what we like; my only point is that opinions do in fact differ on this subject and it isn't a given that all or even the majority of the audience would love to see EJami together romantically or that they would have been the love story to end all love stories had 12/29 never happened.
Edited by Paxton, Dec 3 2008, 06:38 PM.

jules

ges
Dec 3 2008, 06:00 PM
Mason
Dec 3 2008, 11:47 AM
LoL, as if anyone cares about Rafe. He can bleed out and die, for all I care.
I'm fresh out of bandages. buh bye
There they go again. Days continues to give characters we don't even know storylines that require the viewer to actually care about them. Most recent examples being Trent's murder/whodunnit and all things Melanie.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Paxton
Dec 3 2008, 06:37 PM
Quote:

With all due respect, that's your opinion as an EJami fan, to which you are of course entitled. I found all of EJami interaction in 2008 to be first boring and then proceeding into unwatchable. I've loathed Sami for months. I gave the EJami sex scenes a chance and thought they were terrible. I see no chemistry between them at all whereas I see abundant chemistry between EJ and Nicole. Chemistry is subjective and we like what we like; my only point is that opinions do in fact differ on this subject and it isn't a given that all or even the majority of the audience would love to see EJami together romantically or that they would have been the love story to end all love stories had 12/29 never happened.
I agree that it is subjective we like what we like ... While you think that EJAMI is boring I don't care for Ejole because I don't care for wam bam thank you mam sex that takes place on a dirty elevator floor and begins with the man yelling out some other women's name while having sex. I will however say that I don't think that Ejole was entirely boring or that they totally lack chemistry .... I think they are quite entertaining when they are both drunk - comical even! I don't care for Ejole in their current form however - talk about boring! Ejole get more boring by the second. But like you say opinions differ and that's ok - we like what we like! I don't think you are wrong in your opinion - they just differ from mine.

I really am an EJ fan first and an EJAMI fan second - there was a time when I wasn't an ejami fan, the writing was just so bad and I did not like Sami at all and I thought to give Ejole a chance - but I don't think that ejole in the long run will be the best story. A DiMera and a Walker lovestory IMO does not have longevity and now that Sami is having another DiMera baby and Nicole can't conceive I'm more certain of that then I was before. A DiMera and A Brady IMO is the better lovestory!
Edited by cjknick, Dec 3 2008, 07:31 PM.

Loretta3938
Member Avatar

mesagirl
Dec 3 2008, 04:24 PM
goldylicious
Dec 3 2008, 03:53 PM
cjknick
Dec 3 2008, 03:37 PM
Mason
Dec 3 2008, 03:28 PM
E.J. and Sami, at one time, had enormous potential. But that ship has long since sailed, IMO.
The pairing of EJ and Sami could have been the golden ticket back to the top of the ratings had it been written correctly. The angst could have been endless, the twistiness of storyline could have been weaved into a beautiful forbidden lovestory. EJ could have been the good DiMera who fell in love with the very bad Brady. The feuding famlies could have done everything to keep them apart ... Stefano and Marlena who are now mutual grandparents of their children could have gone toe to toe .... John being a DiMera is a great twist and he and his step brother could have taken this feud to a new level ....
I agree about the EJ-Sami story potential. The actors have great chemistry and I think Sami and EJ will forever be bound together because of their history and children. Personally, I just can't get past that infamous night in the car. I can see Sami being drawn to EJ's dark side, I can see her seeing parts of herself in him. I just can't wrap my head around her actually being in love with him. I can't see them being all romantic with each other. I want them in a story together, but romance, for me at least, it just makes Sami seem more twisted than EJ.

Down the road, a Nicole, EJ, Sami, Rafe quad would rock. I don't want Sami and EJ away from each other, but I also don't want them as some sappy supercouple

This is my thinking as well. Plus EJ did more to her than just force her to have sex with him. Although pivotal in my not being to ever being able to accept them together romantically, he's also tried to kill off her unborn twins, shot and left her step-father for dead, helped brainwash one of her Uncles, then sent Uncle Steve out to kill her Uncle Bo and cousin Shawn (and these are just a few of the things that EJ has done). There's just too many injustices that EJ has done against Sami personally, and her family for it to make one bit of sense that she could look at him lovingly. People view what happened on 12/29 in different ways, but you can't discount or explain away everything else that EJ has done with just a "different point of view".

As for the phone call, I have to wonder if maybe that's more for the viewers than for the plot line itself? It's pretty clear that EJami as a possible romantic pairing is done, but a lot of people still are holding out some kind of hope for those two. I personally can't wait to hear EJ utter the words finally himself... it's over. I just hope the writing follows through.

EJ never tried to kill off Sami's unborn twins. If anything, he risked his own life on multiple occasions, to save the twins...even when he believed neither of them was his. I don't know why this keeps coming back up...I guess it just sounds good for big, bad EJ...but the only thing he ever did to Sami's twins was drug her to take her to Tony/Andre...before he realized what Andre had in mind. Once he did, he didn't hesitate to get Sami out of there...and kept rescuing her from Andre's and Stefano's attempts against the babies for the rest of the summer.

Loretta

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Dec 3 2008, 05:12 PM
goldylicious
Dec 3 2008, 03:53 PM
cjknick
Dec 3 2008, 03:37 PM
Mason
Dec 3 2008, 03:28 PM
E.J. and Sami, at one time, had enormous potential. But that ship has long since sailed, IMO.
The pairing of EJ and Sami could have been the golden ticket back to the top of the ratings had it been written correctly. The angst could have been endless, the twistiness of storyline could have been weaved into a beautiful forbidden lovestory. EJ could have been the good DiMera who fell in love with the very bad Brady. The feuding famlies could have done everything to keep them apart ... Stefano and Marlena who are now mutual grandparents of their children could have gone toe to toe .... John being a DiMera is a great twist and he and his step brother could have taken this feud to a new level ....
I agree about the EJ-Sami story potential. The actors have great chemistry and I think Sami and EJ will forever be bound together because of their history and children. Personally, I just can't get past that infamous night in the car. I can see Sami being drawn to EJ's dark side, I can see her seeing parts of herself in him. I just can't wrap my head around her actually being in love with him. I can't see them being all romantic with each other. I want them in a story together, but romance, for me at least, it just makes Sami seem more twisted than EJ.

Down the road, a Nicole, EJ, Sami, Rafe quad would rock. I don't want Sami and EJ away from each other, but I also don't want them as some sappy supercouple
When has Sami been anything but twisted, especially when it comes to matters of the heart?

Girlfriend date raped her first love object and made him think he knocked her up even though she knew he loved her sister. She also later made up child abuse charges, committed numerous acts of blackmail and doctoring of medical records to recapture and keep the bastard.

Bitch fell in love with her first baby daddy AFTER she knew he let her be tried, convicted, sent to Death Row and lethally injected for the murder of her fiance that he himself had committed.

From a character continuity standpoint, it really is only natural for Sami to want to be with EJ and be sexually attracted to him, especially NOW when he is with a rival of hers.

If Rafe wants something to happen with Sami I think the key is him announcing he's engaged to Kate and pushing her down a flight of stairs.
I personally don't think anything she has done is as twisted than falling in love with someone who forced himself on her. Yes, she has done some twisted things. But to be fair to the situation with Lucas (and believe me I am glad they are apart lol), Lucas did save her at the last moment, and Sami always gave as good as she got with him. As a viewer, I enjoy the interaction between EJ and Sami and don't want it to end. I kind of view them as Roger and Holly from GL, who were always better apart, then the brief time they were together. EJ and Sami could have been a great love story, but I just can never see them as a loving couple. It's one thing for Sami to know she is doing awful things to get what she things she wants. It's another thing for her to knowingly fall in love with someone like EJ and not see anything wrong with it. And yet again, let me state, I really enjoy the chemistry between Scott and Sweeney. So it's not a Sami/EJ bashing post lol The fact that people continue to love and also hate the possibility of a story between the two, means something. Love it or hate it, it strikes a nerve.

desertgal

I am really enjoying the Sami/Rafe storyline. The thing is they haven't been given anything to do but argue so I want to give them a chance to see where this storyline is going to go. I think they have the potential to have great chemistry.

Alligato
Member Avatar

cjknick
Dec 3 2008, 05:57 PM
Alligato
Dec 3 2008, 05:44 PM
Paxton
Dec 3 2008, 04:42 PM
I can't speak for Sindacco, but in my opinion it's propaganda to say that ratings would never have dropped had EJ and Sami been written to be a love story. Not only can it never be proved, at this point it's simply wishful thinking, IMO. I used to be an EJami fan and then I got royally sick of Sami and my perception that she wasn't denying love for EJ; she just didn't love him, period. I saw the original chemistry fade to nothingness and EJ was rewritten as a groveling lapdog nanny so he could be "good enough" for Sami. I actually hated EJ and found him physically unattractive for basically almost the first half of 2008, until he started spending time with Nicole.

I realize opinions vary about this, but for me, the EJami ship sailed a long time ago, as it did for many viewers. I just don't see the point of speculating what might have happened to the ratings if 12/29 never happened.
Paxton - this is awesome! You put it how I see it.

I used to be the biggest EJami, but after this past year, I just can't buy them anymore unless the writers pull something really big to make me believe that Sami has always loved EJ....because she has treated him like nothing but shit all year.
I used to see amazing chemistry, but in their last scenes, it was gone. I don't know if it is the actors, or the writing, but AS and JS could make any scene hot, and their cabin scenes, stairwell scenes fell so flat.

Once upon a time, EJami rocked! But it lost something when EJ had to grovel and prove himself to the woman who has commit some of the most awful schemes. I hate hypocrite, crying, crazy Sami.
Recently, I have been glad that EJami was put out of their misery. They ruined it, not with 12.29 but with 2007-2008.

I don't know cj.
I have seen EJ give alot...for instance during the Mr. Burke hearing, he tried with Sami, admitted he loved her, and she laughed at him...told him she couldn't wait for him to leave and said that she was doing this because Lucas was gone and didn't want to raise her kids without a father.

And sometimes I think that Sami's jealousy over Nicole was the only reason for the lovemaking. That was what she talked about before they did it, and that was the FIRST thing she said when they were done, and while he was being sweet, she jumps out of bed without even looking back.

The lovemaking scene was hot, but it was like watching two different people...the Sami 10 minutes before the scene where she wanted him...then Sami the rest of the time where she can't even look him in the eye.

I have just held on to something wonderful happening to that couple, especially after they got married, but nothing did. In fact, the exact opposite did, and Sami hardly ever ONCE SHOWED that she had any kind of genuine feelings for EJ.

I guess I am an EJ fan, and while I can get over alot of the shitty writing for EJami, I am much happier where he is now even if he is watered/dumbed down. He was intolerable dumbed down for Sami.

I did love the drunk scene in the foyer. Best JS scene so far! But again, I enjoyed the scenes up to that.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Ponz
Dec 3 2008, 12:03 PM
Rafe stabbed! Sami in danger! Viewers don't care!
Just tried watching today's show on Soapnet and I just gave up when the Sami & Rafe bickering started for the billionth time.....

I'm beyond tired of the two.....

Mason

Rhiannon
Dec 3 2008, 11:15 PM
Just tried watching today's show on Soapnet and I just gave up when the Sami & Rafe bickering started for the billionth time.....

I'm beyond tired of the two.....

I'm rooting for the killer, myself.

Tammy
Member Avatar

You know I was under the misguided notion that when Sami went into "hiding" that we would see LESS of her. So much for my Christmas wish this year lmao ;)

ginababe
BANNED

When I first read the title, I thought it said, "Rafe stabs Sami!" I was like WTF??? I did not see that coming!

Mason

ginababe
Dec 4 2008, 01:05 AM
When I first read the title, I thought it said, "Rafe stabs Sami!" I was like WTF??? I did not see that coming!
That would certainly be a hell of a LOT more interesting!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Dr. Chip
Dec 3 2008, 02:41 PM
Maybe the WPP could be permanent. Sami and Rafe could have their own spinoff show, and Alison Sweeney could write it.
OK, since I was gone quite a while did I miss yet ANOTHER thing? lol. Was the "diva" revealed?!
Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

ginababe
Dec 4 2008, 01:05 AM
When I first read the title, I thought it said, "Rafe stabs Sami!"
Sadly I think I could get behind that lol

Mason

JERSoapsFan
Dec 4 2008, 01:49 AM
OK, since I was gone quite a while did I miss yet ANOTHER thing? lol. Was the "diva" revealed?!
Wow, you HAVE been gone a long time, LoL!

It was Alison Sweeney, by the way, LoL.

Deleted User
Deleted User

But did anyone confirm that? Is there a thread besides the one where Bryan jokes about her writing the show? Did someone actually, news-wise, say the magic words in a print publication or reputable online news site? lol. I hope that if so, I didn't miss that juicy scoop.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

It's never been officially confirmed, but it might as well be, from everything I've gathered...

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

goldylicious
Dec 3 2008, 02:48 PM
Fine, I will be the only person to admit that I like Rafe and Sami lol It gives Sami a new romance which she has needed. And although many on this board may not agree, Sami is a popular character and it allows to have a reduced schedule, while she is pregnant and shooting the her other show, while also keeping Sami's pregnancy a secret from EJ. I have always hated the idea of any sort of "love" between EJ and Sami, and I think Sami and Lucas are a dead end. I'm glad that Sami has someone new.
Well, I'm with you because I do enjoy them.

I will admit that their scenes drag at times but I feel that is because they started this way too early. The pacing is fucked up. They had Sami learn she was pregnant, see the mayor's killer, and get sent away in the span of a month. They should've spanned that over into November so that it wasn't such a long period. I know they did that to make it easier to pre-tape and all but I think it's hurting both Sami and Rafe. I loved Rafe when he was on his own last week and investigating. It was fresh. It's so hard to get a read on the Sami/Rafe stuff when it's the same old all the time. This week has been better because they went to the church and it feels they are building to something as we learned about Rafe's history too. I'm curious to see what will happen when Sami has the baby and Ali comes back full-time because I want to see the actual story unfold. Right now, I think it's dragging because they are stalling until Ali's leave and Sami having her baby.

This does sound good because something is at least happening with these two. Sami does need someone fresh. I'm not sure if her and Rafe work yet but I do see some potential. As for EJ/Sami, the show needs to work on it because I can't get into them as a couple. I think this baby story could help that but I want to wait and see first.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply