Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Nicole's crazy scheme
Topic Started: Dec 3 2008, 12:28 PM (2,175 Views)
Jonatha

Please link to DR:

A desperate Nicole hatches a new plot to hide her miscarriage from EJ this week and she tries to enlist Brady to help her.

During a conversation with Max the subject of adoption comes up. Nicole decides she should try to adopt a baby. She thinks it's a perfect scheme. She can continue to hide her fake pregnancy to EJ, and when the time is right have a real baby to replace the one she miscarried.

When Brady figures out what she has up her sleeve, Nicole decides to drug him. It's common knowledge Brady is a recovering drug addict, and Nicole knows that will discredit him should he decide to tell EJ. "Talk about a desperate woman. Holy smokes!" exclaims Arianne Zucker (Nicole).

But Nicole has a change of heart before she can give Brady a cocaine-laced beverage. She comes clean to Brady because she really could not go through with it. Brady is disappointed with Nicole and freaks out on her. Nicole becomes hysterical telling him he has no idea what losing the baby, but more specifically, losing EJ, would mean to her.

She returns home just in time for EJ to tell her he has just spoken to Sami on the phone. Nicole flips out again, upset that EJ would even mention Sami's name to her. Nicole can't stand to hear Sami's name anymore. EJ is able to calm Nicole down by telling her that he loves her, and that he and Sami are over. Zucker says, "Nicole has never really had that (love). She maybe had it with Eric, but with EJ, it was just a whirlwind and it's such an amazing feeling."

And that makes Nicole even more determined to hide the truth to EJ. She ends up meeting with a woman who is looking to give her child up for adoption.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ginababe
BANNED

Thanks for posting..

all the sudden EJ is in love w/ Nicole?? Well, okay..
Edited by ginababe, Dec 3 2008, 12:34 PM.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Nicole is such a selfish bitch. I can't wait to see her get what's coming to her. :hmmph:

Thanks for posting Jonatha.

cjknick
Member Avatar

ginababe
Dec 3 2008, 12:34 PM
Thanks for posting..

all the sudden EJ is in love w/ Nicole?? Well, okay..
Perhaps he meant he was in LUST with her!

Thanks for posing Jonatha!
Edited by cjknick, Dec 3 2008, 12:47 PM.

Ellie

Jonatha
Dec 3 2008, 12:28 PM
Nicole can't stand to hear Sami's name anymore.
:cheers:

Thanks for posting!

Mason
Member Avatar

Ellie
Dec 3 2008, 12:47 PM
Jonatha
Welcome to the club, Nicole!

Alligato
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 3 2008, 01:01 PM
Ellie
Jonatha
Hilarious!!

EJ is about as in love with Nicole as he was with Sami. At least this time, he isn't messing with his love's life.
I am not sure EJ knows what love is, but after finding out that the two women he "loved" lied their asses off to him, he is going to have some serious trust issues.

I can't believe that this story is going as long as it is. I just want reaction.

Nicole Walker

UGH. This is so messed up. This is when Nicole should come clean after EJ tells her he loves her. You are your own worst enemy.

lucaluca

Loves her my ass. Let's see how deep this love is when he finds out about her rubber baby buggy bumper. It is going to be sweet to see him go DiMera on her ass. Wait, what am I saying--this is DENA'S Days we're talking about. I'm sure that this completely unrecognizable EJ with the IQ of a hammer will find Nicole's scheming 'adorable'. GMAFB, DENA!!!!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Alligato
Dec 3 2008, 01:08 PM
Mason
Dec 3 2008, 01:01 PM
Ellie
Jonatha
Hilarious!!

EJ is about as in love with Nicole as he was with Sami. At least this time, he isn't messing with his love's life.
I am not sure EJ knows what love is, but after finding out that the two women he "loved" lied their asses off to him, he is going to have some serious trust issues.

I can't believe that this story is going as long as it is. I just want reaction.
Agreed. If the end result is that EJ finding out about their lies and going sweevil again then bring it on already.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

This storyline is my favorite part of Days right now..It finally feels like something big is happening, that will have huge consequences..

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I've never been a believer of EJ and Nicole's lame love story, but I like where this is going so far. The only thing I have a problem with is Nicole's motive behind faking her pregnancy. It's because she doesn't want to lose EJ that she's doing this. What about the baby she just lost? I would rather if they played it that Nicole is doing this because she doesn't want to lose EJ and because she fell in love with that comfort thought of a child and she's going to have this child one way or another.

Making this all about her not wanting to lose EJ is why soap opera women are weak.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lucaluca
Dec 3 2008, 01:32 PM
Loves her my ass. Let's see how deep this love is when he finds out about her rubber baby buggy bumper. It is going to be sweet to see him go DiMera on her ass. Wait, what am I saying--this is DENA'S Days we're talking about. I'm sure that this completely unrecognizable EJ with the IQ of a hammer will find Nicole's scheming 'adorable'. GMAFB, DENA!!!!
Again, Luca, you and I are like "peas and carrots"!! I totally co-sign this post...............exactly how I feel!!! :rockon:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DrewHamilton
Dec 3 2008, 02:57 PM
I've never been a believer of EJ and Nicole's lame love story, but I like where this is going so far. The only thing I have a problem with is Nicole's motive behind faking her pregnancy. It's because she doesn't want to lose EJ that she's doing this. What about the baby she just lost? I would rather if they played it that Nicole is doing this because she doesn't want to lose EJ and because she fell in love with that comfort thought of a child and she's going to have this child one way or another.

Making this all about her not wanting to lose EJ is why soap opera women are weak.
And it's why soaps are dying because soaps became so disconnected from real world women. I just can't imagine any woman I know being pregnant and losing a child and not grieving at all for the child lost but just focusing so much on losing the man. I mean that sounds like the days of kings and queens to me when there was so much obsession over the queen providing her king an heir and fear if she didn't she'd be put aside or possibly beheaded.

My grandma left behind very powerful and poignant diaries with some entries about her experiences with miscarriages in fact and when I think about her and the experiences she went through it's just sad to me that I can't remember Days EVER treating this situation with dignity and respect (not that they ever have treated ANYTHING that way, but still...). I know Ari is trying to give this depth, but at the end of the day the bad writing is just too much.

Because not only can it be potentially insulting to anyone who has any sort of personal experience with this, it's just a generic and recycled plot device at this point.

Thank you so much ABC, CBS, NBC Daytime execs for killing the genre by doing nothing but recycling old hacks as if you were rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic with your head writer choices so that this genre has been so suffocated from creative renewal that it has no choice but to die along with its white-haired audience.

cjknick
Member Avatar

I think Nicole should go back to doing what Nicole does best - sleep with old men for money! and drink like a fish!
Edited by cjknick, Dec 3 2008, 07:40 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

cjknick
Dec 3 2008, 07:39 PM
I think Nicole should go back to doing what Nicole does best - sleep with old men for money!
LoL, she's only done that once!

cjknick
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 3 2008, 07:40 PM
cjknick
Dec 3 2008, 07:39 PM
I think Nicole should go back to doing what Nicole does best - sleep with old men for money!
LoL, she's only done that once!
But she was good at it! That Nicole was at least interesting... this sappy non drinking Nicole is rather boring! We can only hope when EJ rejects Nicole she gets him back by becoming Stefano's lover - better yet Stefano's wife and EJ's naughty step mummy! Now that would be soapy!
Edited by cjknick, Dec 3 2008, 07:45 PM.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Higley's version of The Pillow Baby? What a genius. :puke:

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I agree that it's a bit old-school, but I like that aspect of it. It's stupid, ridiculous and escapist. I'm down for entertainment like that, even if it is a retread.

And for me, it's really the first time since they've done it that I see a point to having Elvis on the show. Nicole is going the Kristen route, and that should give the reveal much more impact. It could, anyway- we'll see what they come up with. There's at least potential there.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Dec 3 2008, 02:57 PM

Well, I bought the love story but I do agree in liking this story. As Kev said, it's nice to see a major story with repercussions. We had one with John dying last year but the show reneged on that. The show hasn't had a story in a long time like this and hopefully they will follow through to the end because the last few years they have changed course and screwed it all up and that is why it's taken so long to have a story like this.

I do disagree about Nicole not mourning or thinking about the baby. She's mentioned the baby numerous times and so much of this seems driven by the fact that she can't have anymore children. She came up with the "padding plot" right after she learned she couldn't have anymore children. She held on to hope and it was dashed and now she thinks she has no shot with EJ because she can't give him what Sami already has. I think this is about the comfort thought of having a child for that reason because at least with that baby she had someone (along with a hold on EJ) and now she won't have no one if she loses EJ, hence why she is doing all this to hold on to him.

I just think it's interesting because we are getting shades of old and new Nicole. So far, I'm enjoying it but they need to work up the Sami aspect of this since we all know Nicole will end up with her baby somehow.

This sounds good though. I have to laugh at people being shocked by this story still going on. It's been only two weeks. Hopefully, they will build this sucker for awhile and let it play out for once. The show needs a longterm story with a big payoff. It's been awhile.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Dec 4 2008, 02:46 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply