Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Ali Sweeney on Ellen tomorrow; 12/4
Topic Started: Dec 4 2008, 02:58 AM (772 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/thisweek/

ALISON SWEENEY: She’s a daytime and primetime double threat! You may know her from “Days of Our Lives,” but Alison also hosts “The Biggest Loser.” She’s the only one on the show who’s allowed to gain weight -- because she’s pregnant! (This must be really confusing for the contestants!)

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Damn. They can't possibly pimp her out more LOL.

ginababe
BANNED

oh...it's probably going to be about the Biggest Loser Finale Blah..blah..blah..

ges
Member Avatar

I'll skip it.

crymsinnstar74
Member Avatar

She really didn't mention DOOL at all.

Did anyone else watch? She was acting like she was going into labor, and she said she wasn't just kidding around. Just wondered if it was part of the show or real?? ( I missed the end, as my better half called me.)

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The short clip of her acting like she is in labor is on Ellen's website. It wasn't real.

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

Angie79
Dec 4 2008, 03:52 PM
The short clip of her acting like she is in labor is on Ellen's website. It wasn't real.
I just saw the show a bit ago and it looked pretty real to me. I know she is an actress but they cut away pretty fast and Ellen never was able to give Alison the gift she had for her. I went back over the recording and watched it over and over and IMO she was not faking it. I believe she was having some sort of cramping.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Oh, really?? I didn't see the actual show, only the very short clip on the website. I guess we will find out soon!

Ellie

Jason47 posted the following on SC:

Ellen always does a scripted joke skit before she gives away her "12 Days" gifts to the audience. She'll have 11 more "interruptions" like that over the next few weeks. It was a scripted bit. Ali was told to fake going into labor for the bit. Last year they had stuff like Ellen going to do a sword-swallowing bit, and just as she was going to swallow the sword, she got "interrupted" by the giveaway gift segment.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Thanks Ellie! I thought it was odd that right as it was happening a bell rang and Ellen got up and went over the the gifts. I didn't think she would do that if it was real.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I actually found that rather startling and I'm sure many got rather alarmed by that. I like Ellen and don't mind gags but I think that may have been a bit much considering Ali is pregnant and the way it was done was pretty damn believable. Is it funny? Yeah but I do think some got pretty rattled and I even felt that watching it. I figured by now we would've heard something so I wasn't in a panic but still.

cebryan333

Its okay everyone on Access Hollywood they have word from Ali's rep that it was all a stunt for the twelve days of Christmas! She is just fine andstill very much pregnant:)

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I still like Ali and i'm glad she's become such a big face for NBC..that said, i'm looking forward to a break from Sami during Ali's maternity leave..

Love Ellen as well, i really like her 12 days of Xmas giveaways..

Ellie

Kevc1980
Dec 5 2008, 01:15 AM
i'm looking forward to a break from Sami during Ali's maternity leave..
I don't think you're going to get one. I believe it was Dena Higley who told SOW that they're pre-taping scenes so that Ali won't be off-camera much during her maternity leave.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply