Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
In Memoriam
Topic Started: Dec 4 2008, 02:57 PM (330 Views)
Jonatha

per SOW:

Actor and composer Keith Pruitt (ex-Robinson, Guiding Light, ex-Flynn, Loving) died in his New York apartment on Nov 12 of undisclosed causes. Fans may remember Pruitt, one of daytime's few openly gay actors, was drawn into the public eye when he and a companion were beaten with gold clubs in a 1993 bias crime. Pruitt aggressively pursued prosecution, and the three attackers were subsequently convicted. Pruitt went on to join GL as DA Robinson and turned his attention to music. His classical compositions were showcased by several orchestras and dance companies. Including the New York City Ballet and the Florida Philharmonic.

Wayne Heffley, remembered by Days of Our Lives fans as Vern Scofield, Jack's stepfather and mentor of the Salem Spectator died of kidney failure on Nov 19. The actor, who had long been on dialysis, was 81. He was a longtime friend of Matthew Ashford (ex-Jack) and made appearances on many prime-time shows over the course of his 40 plus year career, and also made soapy turns on Santa Barbara and Dallas.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I heard about both deaths on another site. I don't know who Keith Pruitt is, but I admire him for being one of the few openly gay actors.

As for Wayne, there is a great tribute at Jason47's site that everyone should check out.
Quote Post Goto Top

SallySlice
Member Avatar

I loved Flynn.

This is so sad.
Keith seemed like such a sweetheart.

I'm going to have to look up one of my old SOW's from the early 90's.
I remember there was a good interview with him before and after the gay bashing crime.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply