Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Ali blogged 12/4
Topic Started: Dec 5 2008, 03:58 AM (874 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Ellen
December 04, 08:42 PM

I canít believe how many people have called, texted and emailed me, my husband and everyone I know to ask about Ellen today. As if she would really leap over a woman in labor to go open presents! Lol. I was a guest on the show yesterday, and they were so excited to be doing the first day of their big 12 days of giveaways.

For me itís always a blast to be on Ellenís show. Sheís hilarious, and fun to talk to and of course, it was pretty cool, running into Ludacris in the hallway. He said hi to Ben, and Ďpoundedí fists with him. While he was performing Ben was totally rocking out to the music too. So cute.

So, anyway, before the show they asked me if Iíd be willing to set up the audience gift portion with a gag. Iím always game, and Ellen thought it would be funny to have me mock going into labor at the beginning of that segment. And be sure to sprawl out as much as possible so she really had to leap over me. Lol. So, I did the best I could. As soon as she passed me, I jumped up and laughed and clapped with the audience so everyone would see that I was okay. But I guess that didnít make it on camera. I didnít really think about it beyond that. Next thing I know, my best friend from New York is instant messaging me this morning about it. She wrote that if we hadnít already been emailing that morning she would have thought something had really happened. Then I started getting more and more calls. My mom had me pulled out of a meeting! I said ďMOM!!! Come on! If Iíd gone into labor, I would DEFINITELY have called you!!!Ē

The best are the gossip site ďreportsĒ. Uh huh, clearly lots of thorough reporting going on there. One site even claimed I had gone to the hospital. Now they all have retractions up.

So anyway, itís not true. Iím fine. The baby is fine. I have a check up tomorrow, weíre still looking at mid-January when sheís expected. Thank you all for your concern. Iím sorry if anyone was alarmed! If I had any idea that it wouldnít be clear that it was a joke, I would have said something, but I just didnít realize how the story would get so out of control!!

Iím prepping for the live Biggest Loser 6 Finale, Tuesday December 16th. Hope you all tune in. There are so many incredible transformations, and wonderful people I look forward to seeing again.

XOXO

http://blog.nbc.com/alison/

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting, Angie!! Glad to hear Ali and baby are fine!!

Nicole Walker

LMFAO. Ellen leaped over her to open presents. BWAHAHAHA. I love Ellen.

CodeBlazeNuke
Member Avatar

that so cool that she and Ellen were doing a joke and alot of people thought it wasn't LOL..

Jiggs
Member Avatar

I saw that, it was cute. Love Ellen. I knew it wasn't real cuz I can tell when AS is acting.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Glad she addressed this. I totally bought it LOL.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply