Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of 12/22; *UPDATED 12/17*
Topic Started: Dec 7 2008, 01:59 PM (9,883 Views)
Mason

I really can't believe Higley is being paid the amount of money she is to churn out this drivel. Stupid fucking hack.

Here's hoping she gets a nice big pink slip in her stocking this Christmas! :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

esp13
Dec 7 2008, 07:44 PM
Rafe/Sami/EJ/Nicole/Brady/Melanie/Philip/Stephanie/Max/Chelsea/Daniel/Chloe/Lucas . . . the only person left out is Kate and if Kate would take a shine to Rafe and we make allowances for the fact that the Lucas/Kate angle wouldn't be romantic, we could close the circle completely.

It is Kate, after all, so I'm sure she will. Knowing these badly paced stories, they'll probably start flirting while she still has the chemo drip in.

I wonder just how far the show will go next. A "who's the daddy?" featuring Chloe Lucas and Daniel? Phil and Brady falling for, and fighting over Melanie? The pregnant teen turning out to be Nicole's long lost child?

jules

Mason
Dec 7 2008, 07:48 PM
I really can't believe Higley is being paid the amount of money she is to churn out this drivel. Stupid fucking hack.

I think Tomlin/Whitesell are just as guilty IMO. I would bet they are the ones driving these new storylines and with Dena's writing, they are sure losers.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kirk
Dec 7 2008, 07:14 PM
I am eagerly awaiting Tim's response, I wanna see him defend these spoilers. :popcorn:
Aww...I'm flattered :laugh: .

I just give my view on things (sometimes based on things I hear). I don't seek to defend the show. I just give things a chance (that goes for all shows) and watch things onscreen first before judging. Too many times spoilers made something sound awful but it turned out better onscreen. You never know. These are just words and the actual show is quire different. Soaps are not going to be what they were and, while I'm not advocating for settling for shit, I think writing off something based on spoilers is dangerous because you already give yourself the mindset something sucks so it's unlikely you will like it and it may be different onscreen. You never know. It's a personal choice, though. It's just not my thing...at least not anymore. I like being in the minority LOL.

I actually like most of these. I'm on the fence about Bo because that seems like something that looks a mess on paper but could be better onscreen. I will wait until I see it onscreen and unfold further to judge because there is no way of knowing until then. It does have some intrigue to it and it's something I've heard of happening if this is some psychic-ish angle (those people may be nuts but I have heard of it LOL). My worry is that it will be too much. I don't mind camp or out there stuff as long as it's grounded and isn't too overboard. We'll see.

I don't mind this whole Kate/Daniel/Chloe/Lucas thing. The chemistry is there with Daniel and Chloe. My only issue is Kate is sick in the hospital but the fact that they are playing it as Chloe and Daniel having difficulty with the idea of it makes it better. I mean, soaps have done things like this before. It's scandalous and that is part of soaps. The whole awful factor of this happening while Kate is sick makes it more sadistic and makes the payoff much more enjoyable.

I don't get why people assume Melanie is going to do more with Brady then just interact. Melanie flirts with men. Her flirting with Brady means nothing. I don't see that match at all. I just think it's an interaction.

The Nicole stuff sounds good. They are building it up nicely.

The Christmas stuff sounds great and I like that Victor, Lexie, Bo, Hope, etc are in these. Nice variety and let's remember not everything is spoiled here. There is likely to be much more, especially in a Holiday week.

esp13
Member Avatar

I'm also really glad to see that Melanie's airtime has diminished so much. I was afraid that after all that airtime in November, she might continue to be on the frontburner in December. So glad I was wrong about that.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^It was bound to happen. Things like that ebb and flow in most cases.

I think we will see more balance once the show cuts who they have and things calm down. I think right now they are focusing on who they know they are keeping for most part and holding back on people they are thinking about cutting. Once things are settled, I think the balance will improve alot because Dena was pretty good with balance until around September.

esp13
Member Avatar

^^Yeah, I mean she's only on at least two days this coming week and 4 the week of the 15th, plus being prominently mentioned in the spoilers for the week of the 22nd. I hope Molly doesn't have a hard time adjusting to the time off.

Mason

jules
Dec 7 2008, 08:21 PM
Mason
Dec 7 2008, 07:48 PM

I think Tomlin/Whitesell are just as guilty IMO. I would bet they are the ones driving these new storylines and with Dena's writing, they are sure losers.
Probably, but the show sucked just as much before they arrived, so the common denominator here is clearly Higley. Wherever she goes, a trail of putrid shit is sure to follow.

jules

PhoenixRising05
Dec 7 2008, 08:46 PM

I think we will see more balance once the show cuts who they have and things calm down. I think right now they are focusing on who they know they are keeping for most part and holding back on people they are thinking about cutting. Once things are settled, I think the balance will improve alot because Dena was pretty good with balance until around September.
How will the balance change? It's all Sami/EJ/Rafe/Nicole/Melanie/Phi/Chloe/Brady/Max/Chelsea with a little of Bo thrown in. How will the balance change? I can't see any other characters getting a story or am I missing something.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jules
Dec 7 2008, 09:16 PM
PhoenixRising05

How will the balance change? It's all Sami/EJ/Rafe/Nicole/Melanie/Phi/Chloe/Brady/Max/Chelsea with a little of Bo thrown in. How will the balance change? I can't see any other characters getting a story or am I missing something.
Simple. It will change :laugh: .

At the very least you will get more Bo and Hope because Higley likes them. Hell, they seem to be the only vet couple every writer likes using.

The balance was fine until September when things starting changing. I see it reverting back to form with those who are left after the cuts once things calm down.

jules

PhoenixRising05
Dec 7 2008, 09:20 PM
jules
PhoenixRising05

Simple. It will change :laugh: .

At the very least you will get more Bo and Hope because Higley likes them. Hell, they seem to be the only vet couple every writer likes using.

The balance was fine until September when things starting changing. I see it reverting back to form with those who are left after the cuts once things calm down.
I guess I'm just not getting how the balance will be any different later then than it is now. Bope have been on pretty much straight through anyway, so I don't think that will be a big change. And all the characters being heavily featured now are likely to stay.

hops
Member Avatar

jules
PhoenixRising05

Yep. These are the same who have been getting all the stories/airtime for months. Unless they cut a few of those people, what is going to change?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

hops
Dec 7 2008, 09:26 PM
jules
PhoenixRising05

Yep. These are the same who have been getting all the stories/airtime for months. Unless they cut a few of those people, what is going to change?
I just think it will be a bit more even, as in you won't have someone on every day for months at a time or you won't see characters go MIA for weeks (Lexie, Abe, Stefano) only to appear like they missed nothing. Things like that.

Mason

I think I'd rather not see more of Bo and Hope if what we're getting is this stupid psychic vision shit.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^I'll agree with you if it's really as bad as it sounds.

We'll see. I hope it plays better but, if not, then I will be with you on that. It's all in how they deal with it onscreen and how it unfolds.

jules

PhoenixRising05
Dec 7 2008, 09:33 PM
hops
jules
PhoenixRising05

I just think it will be a bit more even, as in you won't have someone on every day for months at a time or you won't see characters go MIA for weeks (Lexie, Abe, Stefano) only to appear like they missed nothing. Things like that.
Still don't get it. Who are they focusing on now that is taking away airtime from Abe, Lexie and Stefano?

marisol40

Quote:

don't mind this whole Kate/Daniel/Chloe/Lucas thing. The chemistry is there with Daniel and Chloe.

Actually I do mind, because as a die hard fan of Chloe this is not the storyline that I want to see. Do you know that at the fan event in Canada in which Nadia and Shawn made an appearance, Nadia asked the audience what they thought of a Dan and Chloe pairing and the audience booed. That was basically the reaction the whole event when a hint of a Chloe/Dan pairing was mentioned. It's on utube if you want to see the recap.

I honestly don't care if Chloe and Dan have chemistry or not. John and Kate had chemistry, as well ,and that one went over like a lead balloon. Enough already with spreading Chloe all over Salem. Do the damn triangle between Brady/Chloe/Philip already, because that is the only storyline that actually makes sense.

Since she had been back to the show, Chloe hasn't had a decent storyline and I can see why the actress sounded so pissed off in that interview she had with Nelson Branco.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jules
Dec 7 2008, 09:44 PM
PhoenixRising05
hops
jules
PhoenixRising05

Still don't get it. Who are they focusing on now that is taking away airtime from Abe, Lexie and Stefano?
Well, then I guess you don't get it LOL.

It's simple. I think whoever is left in terms of active characters that have seen sporadic airtime since September/October (As in Abe, Lexie, Stefano, Bo. Hope, etc) will be seen more. That's all. I don't think characters like that will go MIA and then appear for a month straight and go MIA again. Things like that.

It's not really a big deal anyway. Just something I feel will happen.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

marisol40
Dec 7 2008, 09:53 PM
Quote:

don't mind this whole Kate/Daniel/Chloe/Lucas thing. The chemistry is there with Daniel and Chloe.

Actually I do mind, because as a die hard fan of Chloe this is not the storyline that I want to see. Do you know that at the fan event in Canada in which Nadia and Shawn made an appearance, Nadia asked the audience what they thought of a Dan and Chloe pairing and the audience booed. That was basically the reaction the whole event when a hint of a Chloe/Dan pairing was mentioned. It's on utube if you want to see the recap.

I honestly don't care if Chloe and Dan have chemistry or not. John and Kate had chemistry, as well ,and that one went over like a lead balloon. Enough already with spreading Chloe all over Salem. Do the damn triangle between Brady/Chloe/Philip already, because that is the only storyline that actually makes sense.

Since she had been back to the show, Chloe hasn't had a decent storyline and I can see why the actress sounded so pissed off in that interview she had with Nelson Branco.
That's fine. You have reason to feel that way. I, personally, don't mind it. If you do, you entitled.

jules

PhoenixRising05
Dec 7 2008, 10:05 PM
jules
Dec 7 2008, 09:44 PM
PhoenixRising05
hops
jules
PhoenixRising05

Well, then I guess you don't get it LOL.

It's simple. I think whoever is left in terms of active characters that have seen sporadic airtime since September/October (As in Abe, Lexie, Stefano, Bo. Hope, etc) will be seen more. That's all. I don't think characters like that will go MIA and then appear for a month straight and go MIA again. Things like that.

It's not really a big deal anyway. Just something I feel will happen.
But you still haven't answered why those characters(Bope, Abe etc) will be seen more next month or so. Who are they focusing on now who is taking up that air time? I know it can't be J&M because they were barely on in Nov and the same is true for Dec. Same for Payla. Who am I missing?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply