Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Tiny tidbits; You probably won't be too thrilled
Topic Started: Dec 8 2008, 11:54 AM (3,229 Views)
OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Listen to the wise Phoenix. These are only tidbits from two or three episodes. No biggie. If your faves aren't mentioned, that doesn't mean that they won't be on the air.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Dec 8 2008, 03:38 PM
Do you know who Lexie will have scens with?
Right now, I have her by herself on the phone. But as soon as I get more information, I will post it.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

OneBadKitty
Dec 8 2008, 03:39 PM
Listen to the wise Phoenix. These are only tidbits from two or three episodes. No biggie. If your faves aren't mentioned, that doesn't mean that they won't be on the air.
I wouldn't say wise but it's just being sensible. I mean, there isn't alot of detail and even with detailed spoilers, we often have no idea who will be on and how scenes will go. Usually once the mags come out with their stuff, all the info can be placed together and then you get some idea.

squee
Member Avatar

jules
Dec 8 2008, 03:21 PM
I predicted an half ass ending for J&M from the moment I heard the news.
Half-assed? I think you're being far too generous and kind.

I predict it will be completely assed :hmmph:

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Dec 8 2008, 03:59 PM
I mean, there isn't alot of detail and even with detailed spoilers, we often have no idea who will be on and how scenes will go. Usually once the mags come out with their stuff, all the info can be placed together and then you get some idea.
I agree. But here's what I want: No more Dr. Taylor after Christmas. Here's what it sounds like I'm getting: Not that. I'm just annoyed that if they (presumably) had to rewrite some things to wrap up the J&M story, they didn't write her out. I know others might feel differently, but I actually haven't run into anyone (J&M fan or not) who is enjoying the current Dr. Taylor story.

esp13
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
OneBadKitty
I wouldn't say wise but it's just being sensible. I mean, there isn't alot of detail and even with detailed spoilers, we often have no idea who will be on and how scenes will go. Usually once the mags come out with their stuff, all the info can be placed together and then you get some idea.
Yeah, but isn't Phoenix the one who was lamenting the backburning of Melanie based on those spoilers? :tounge:

I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about, Phoenix. I'm quite sure she's not going anywhere close to the backburner. :biggrin:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Dec 8 2008, 04:07 PM
PhoenixRising05
I mean, there isn't alot of detail and even with detailed spoilers, we often have no idea who will be on and how scenes will go. Usually once the mags come out with their stuff, all the info can be placed together and then you get some idea.
I agree. But here's what I want: No more Dr. Taylor after Christmas. Here's what it sounds like I'm getting: Not that. I'm just annoyed that if they (presumably) had to rewrite some things to wrap up the J&M story, they didn't write her out. I know others might feel differently, but I actually haven't run into anyone (J&M fan or not) who is enjoying the current Dr. Taylor story.
Actually, I would say she is at least making it interesting for J&M, which is a shame since they will be gone soon.

I think J&M fans don;t care for it but I think there are people that do. Just head over to DRTV where some of us have Dr. Taylor written into fan fictions already LOL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

esp13
Dec 8 2008, 04:08 PM
PhoenixRising05
OneBadKitty
Yeah, but isn't Phoenix the one who was lamenting the backburning of Melanie based on those spoilers? :tounge:

I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about, Phoenix. I'm quite sure she's not going anywhere close to the backburner. :biggrin:
Well, my lament of her backburnering is not just based on these tidbits. it's based on what is actually airing and on spoilers we have so far for this month. My point was you can't base everything on these tidbits or even what we know for the end of the month. I think it's fair to form an opinion for this week and maybe even next week because we know alot about those weeks and have lots of information on them. After that, not so much. Once more comes out, especially from the magazines, it will become a bit clearer.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Dec 8 2008, 04:10 PM
Actually, I would say she is at least making it interesting for J&M, which is a shame since they will be gone soon.

I think J&M fans don;t care for it but I think there are people that do. Just head over to DRTV where some of us have Dr. Taylor written into fan fictions already LOL.
Honestly, hearing that Dr. Taylor might be part of Corday's "happy ending" for a 20-year couple isn't warming my heart. It's a triangle no matter how you look at it, and I think it would be completely insulting to the actors and their fans if she were there at the end. And I do say "their fans", because imo, if longtime actors are being fired, their fans do "deserve" something at this point. I know we all go back and forth about pleasing fanbases, etc, but I think that at the very least, the show should try to please a fanbase as they're taking their favorite characters off the canvas. These spoilers make it sound to me like Corday & co. might not even do that. I certainly can't speak for the actors, but if I were in their position, I'd be very upset if the storyline didn't do the characters justice.

jules

squee
Dec 8 2008, 04:04 PM
jules
Dec 8 2008, 03:21 PM
I predicted an half ass ending for J&M from the moment I heard the news.
Half-assed? I think you're being far too generous and kind.

I predict it will be completely assed :hmmph:
Well then, I predict John will decide to leave town and Marlena will decide to go after him. They probably won't even share scenes together or it will happen off screen. Yup, that's what I expect from Days.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Dec 8 2008, 04:14 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 8 2008, 04:10 PM

Honestly, hearing that Dr. Taylor might be part of Corday's "happy ending" for a 20-year couple isn't warming my heart. It's a triangle no matter how you look at it, and I think it would be completely insulting to the actors and their fans if she were there at the end. And I do say "their fans", because imo, if longtime actors are being fired, their fans do "deserve" something at this point. I know we all go back and forth about pleasing fanbases, etc, but I think that at the very least, the show should try to please a fanbase as they're taking their favorite characters off the canvas. These spoilers make it sound to me like Corday & co. might not even do that. I certainly can't speak for the actors, but if I were in their position, I'd be very upset if the storyline didn't do the characters justice.
Oh, I understand. All I'm saying is she's injected life into their story but, since they are leaving, they should tie that up. Then again, check out the other thread because if what it says (and the hearsay I heard) is true, they may be leaving J&M's story open-ended, which may be why they are taking this approach.

I also don't see this as a triangle. It's not like Charlotte wants John. He's flirting with her but it's one-sided and he is using her to get under Marlena's skin as well.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Dec 8 2008, 04:19 PM
Oh, I understand. All I'm saying is she's injected life into their story but, since they are leaving, they should tie that up. Then again, check out the other thread because if what it says (and the hearsay I heard) is true, they may be leaving J&M's story open-ended, which may be why they are taking this approach.
I just posted there - thanks for the info, but I do think they're fired, unfortunately. If Corday thinks that be leaving their story open, he can string fans along, then he's even more of a slime than I thought. He'll be firing his two biggest stars while not letting them or their fans have any closure.

Quote:

I also don't see this as a triangle. It's not like Charlotte wants John. He's flirting with her but it's one-sided and he is using her to get under Marlena's skin as well.
That's true - maybe I should have used the words "third party". Either way, I mean, let's say SN/MBE are let go, and they decide to bring Ava back to work her character into their final episodes. That wasn't really a triangle either in the true sense - but it would hurt the fans deeply to see it. That's all I'm trying to say here.

jane1978

Looks like the Chloe/Dan/Lucas/Kate story will be climaxing in early January. Not my favorite story, but Im willing to see where its go.

Not really surprised at all with the Jarlena stuff. I remember when Missy decided to quit and the show announced J/J will get their happy ending, the original story and triangle with Frankie still continued for more than two months with only minor rewrites. Weve got the final hurrah thanks to Beth Milstein, but only two or so weeks before their exit.

Happy for more Steph/Phillip stuff, surprised Melanie isnt part of their scenes because she is usually there.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Dec 8 2008, 04:35 PM
Looks like the Chloe/Dan/Lucas/Kate story will be climaxing in early January. Not my favorite story, but Im willing to see where its go.

Not really surprised at all with the Jarlena stuff. I remember when Missy decided to quit and the show announced J/J will get their happy ending, the original story and triangle with Frankie still continued for more than two months with only minor rewrites. Weve got the final hurrah thanks to Beth Milstein, but only two or so weeks before their exit.

Happy for more Steph/Phillip stuff, surprised Melanie isnt part of their scenes because she is usually there.

What makes you think Lucas/Chloe/Daniel/Kate is climaxing?

The story seems to be just getting going. Lauren's contract is up soon, as is Shawn's, so unless they both go (which could happen), I can't see it ending anytime soon.

Good comparison on the J&M stuff. I remember being happy with how J&J was handled. They still gave them two weeks of solid material and the Frankie angle didn't seem to overplay. It was more about J&J those two weeks so if J&M can be like that, great.

The approach they take will go a long way toward convincing me of whether J&M will be back or not. If it's left completely open-ended and story is left sitting there, that will tell me we will be seeing them by or around summer. If everything is tied up and all the conflict is gone, I think they will be done for the foreseeable future at least.

Dayzfan
Member Avatar

Only good thing is no Melanie hogging the screen.Or Sami/Rafe(Rami) I wish it was Sami leaving town for good

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Dec 8 2008, 04:40 PM
The approach they take will go a long way toward convincing me of whether J&M will be back or not. If it's left completely open-ended and story is left sitting there, that will tell me we will be seeing them by or around summer. If everything is tied up and all the conflict is gone, I think they will be done for the foreseeable future at least.
lol it will really tell me that Corday is a slimebucket. I mean, John came back and his story seemed "closed", so I don't necessarily think the two ideas are related. (And if Corday has fired them and he asks them back - I hope they say NO.)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

As much as I have enjoyed Drake this year, I hope he says no and she says yes just so we can see Marlena on her own for awhile LOL. I don't see that happening though. Sadly, I think the show sees them as a package deal like so many others and I hate that, which means if one says no the other won't be back.

marisol40

Quote:

What makes you think Lucas/Chloe/Daniel/Kate is climaxing?

I'm sure before this hot mess of a storyline is over we are going to be seeing alot of "climaxing" going on. :frustration:

Ponz
Member Avatar

jane1978
Dec 8 2008, 04:35 PM

I will be amazed if Higley handles J&M's exit with the same love/care that Milstein devoted to J&J.

Mason
Member Avatar

Ponz
Dec 8 2008, 05:08 PM
I will be amazed if Higley handles J&M's exit with the same love/care that Milstein devoted to J&J.
Same here. Milstein showed infinitely more talent in a mere matter of months than Higley could ever hope to demonstrate.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply