Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Deidre video chat.... Part 3 is up now
Topic Started: Dec 9 2008, 04:21 PM (9,056 Views)
HJBJDJ

Just watched the second segment. Watched the first last week.
I didn't know Deidre was so funny.
I really liked the second part.
I like that she didn't read the questions before hand because it would have been a disappointment to find well rehersed answers in a chat. A spontaneous response is always better. It was nice of her to think of giving back something to her fans, especially with just leaving the show. She had to know her leaving and rumors about it would be asked of her, and you know those had to be some tough questions to tackle while trying to be diplomatic and put on a good face about it all with the chat coming so soon after her final taping. She had to have still had a lot of raw nerves about the situation herself, making it not a very easy subject for her to talk about. Yet she did so with enmormous grace, and even a little humor.

I can't wait to view segment 3!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

e83talus
Member Avatar

Kenny, Thanks for the Pic. Hops and Elli thanks for the link.
Deidre is simply the best. That is all I can say.
The firing of an actress with her range on-screen is simply ghastly!

ges
Member Avatar

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Jan 1 2009, 11:16 PM
Well, I only watched a small portion of it, but she comes right out and says ,"I don't know when they decided to retire the characters." While she is talking about John and Marlena's latest wedding which will be January 26th. I think it's sad that you can hear her son making breakfast in the background, it reminds me that she is now unemployed. And while I was not really interested in the video, I find it remarkable that she cares enough about her fans and the show to swallow the hurt that she must be feeling about being terminated to sit down and make what is really an effort to thank her fans for their support. I feel sorry for the Jarlena fans. I loved nujohn and will miss him very much. I guess if you say it is because of budget cuts that these two vets were let go, it is supposed to get a pass from the fans. But they could have worked it out. Such a load of crap. Think of all the people they could have fired instead of Jarlena. They did it because they knew they could get away with it. Plain and simple. It pisses me off. But everything tptb do pisses me off. Getting rid of Ed Scott was the beginning of the downward spiral. Yet, how do we explain the ratings? I don't understand how they are so good. Did the Jarlenas mount a campaign? Or just go quietly into the night.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

HJBJDJ
Jan 3 2009, 01:03 AM
Just watched the second segment. Watched the first last week.
I didn't know Deidre was so funny.
I really liked the second part.
I like that she didn't read the questions before hand because it would have been a disappointment to find well rehersed answers in a chat. A spontaneous response is always better. It was nice of her to think of giving back something to her fans, especially with just leaving the show. She had to know her leaving and rumors about it would be asked of her, and you know those had to be some tough questions to tackle while trying to be diplomatic and put on a good face about it all with the chat coming so soon after her final taping. She had to have still had a lot of raw nerves about the situation herself, making it not a very easy subject for her to talk about. Yet she did so with enmormous grace, and even a little humor.

I can't wait to view segment 3!
That's very nice of you to say :) (Hi, btw, this is Linn, don't know if you remember me). And this chat really is toned down because it's public. She's got a zany sense of humor. Very sarcastic, but that works for me.

ges, DAYS has slapped me across the face and the show is awful to watch on a whole that I'm hopeful that Deidre will join another show, primetime, daytime, it doesn't matter what it is.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Well now thats very interesting.. whatever *LOL*

In My Opinion
I dont understand why anyone would remark negatively about a beloved actress on a thread clearly geared towards her fans. If someone does not like her(As some clearly dont) Maybe another thread is a good option.
:blah: :blah:

I loved the chat and the fact she took the time to do it.. She was funny and charming and I only hope that there are more to come. :cheer:
Quote Post Goto Top

hops
Member Avatar

ges.....as a fan of John and Marlena, I wrote a few letters to the mags, but I didn't campaign. It would be futile. There was a story all set up in Jan/Feb but TPTB didn't follow through. I think that was the last straw for many J&M fans. It becomes, fool me 100 times too many and then I'm really a fool, lol. Even the tent love scene, apparently it was 'too much, too soon' for that couple (even though they had a 22 year history), but a few months later, no problem for random hook ups. Just too many excuses, too many lies, too much character destruction (Marlena was all over the map just for the sake of a two day plot and then another, and another one). No care was taken. In the end why should I as the audience care. For Deidre and Drake...I wish only good things and hope 2009 opens new doors for them.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Taelyn
Jan 3 2009, 04:03 PM
Well now thats very interesting.. whatever *LOL*

In My Opinion
I dont understand why anyone would remark negatively about a beloved actress on a thread clearly geared towards her fans. If someone does not like her(As some clearly dont) Maybe another thread is a good option.
:blah: :blah:

I loved the chat and the fact she took the time to do it.. She was funny and charming and I only hope that there are more to come. :cheer:
This isn't the SC, we don't have fans only threads here. :eyeroll:

ges
Member Avatar

Well, I'd like to see them get other jobs, too. But it's not easy for an older actress, especially one so long associated with a particular character. But I hope she does, and John, too. I think Hackley's goal was to stomp out big fan bases ie: Lumi, Ejami and Jarlena. I don't think she liked that people get so attached to couples, hence the random hook-ups in elevators and now the sleaze with Daniel and Chloe. For some reason she thinks it is entertaining to have people speed-dating. I also think she wants to get rid of the old fans and in with the new ones. The ones who love to watch the kid in the water heater type stuff. Someone should stuff here ass in a water heater. Corday is so passive. I don't even think he has control of the show. He seems afraid of something. I don't know, now I am just rambling. :blah: :blah:

jules

hops
Jan 3 2009, 04:07 PM
ges.....as a fan of John and Marlena, I wrote a few letters to the mags, but I didn't campaign. It would be futile. There was a story all set up in Jan/Feb but TPTB didn't follow through. I think that was the last straw for many J&M fans. It becomes, fool me 100 times too many and then I'm really a fool, lol. Even the tent love scene, apparently it was 'too much, too soon' for that couple (even though they had a 22 year history), but a few months later, no problem for random hook ups. Just too many excuses, too many lies, too much character destruction (Marlena was all over the map just for the sake of a two day plot and then another, and another one). No care was taken. In the end why should I as the audience care. For Deidre and Drake...I wish only good things and hope 2009 opens new doors for them.
Nice summary hops. I will be interested to see what happens next for Deidre/Drake. I think the job market is pretty tight right now, so I wish them well. Days certainly couldn't get rid of them fast enough. I wonder if they even had a final thank you on their last day. I doubt it!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Part 3:

http://deidrehall.com/video/video.cfm

Ken Corday could really learn something from Jeff Zuker,least Zuker has the decency to say thanks,I have yet to hear that from Corday.
Edited by JohnandMarlenaFreak, Jan 9 2009, 03:27 PM.

jules

Deidre is very funny and I loved her story about the party at her house. A very classy thank you to her fans...I admit I was crying along with her.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Well, I'm sobbing.

A thank-you call from Zucker? Not that I didn't think this before, but that makes things sound pretty final to me, don't you think?

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

Thanks for the heads up on part 3. I sure have enjoyed these chats and she is such a gracious and funny woman. I still am having a hard time with all this and can't believe this is what these wonderful characters have come to. Listening to her has me in tears as it adds a finality to it. Thanks Deidre for all the years I have enjoyed you and Marlena.

kieron

doolcrazy
Jan 9 2009, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up on part 3. I sure have enjoyed these chats and she is such a gracious and funny woman. I still am having a hard time with all this and can't believe this is what these wonderful characters have come to. Listening to her has me in tears as it adds a finality to it. Thanks Deidre for all the years I have enjoyed you and Marlena.
I'm having a hard time with this too. I can't believe Marlena won't be on Days and that Deidre won't be portraying her anymore. I liked all of the chat but part 3 had my crying (after the funny party story -- at least I could laugh then). I grew up with this character, and liked her, so I guess that might explain this surprising and overwhelming sadness.

e83talus
Member Avatar

Oh My goodness.

Deidre is so kind and sweet and great.
I teared up as well and I am not a crier.
I did think to myself however "oh my goodness, she cries like that as Marlena!"

Jeff Zucker called her and thanked her personally, she knows it is over. He is the person that said there would be no soaps on NBC! Prolonging the fate of this sinking ship is cruel, but I am glad Dee will not be a part of it!

Hats off and I toast this Jewel of Daytime! :rockon: :applause: :wow:

Deleted User
Deleted User

I've sobbing this evening too Ellie.
I watched part 3 and laughed and then cried into my sheets.. And then just finished watching todays Tivo'd show and cried during the Pier.
My tears are sad ones and angry ones, Im outraged and devastated all in one.

Im boycotting the 23rd cuz I wont be able to stand it with John being turned into a Quad.
Its just ... too much.
A Sad sad day today
Quote Post Goto Top

cassie1013

HA! This is funny - I love how she's so candid, and has trouble recalling history (like the rest of us) - can you imagine acting half of this shit out? LOL like when she couldn't remember Marlena was dead, ahaha.

She ain't coming back. Good for her! She's soo nonchalant, this is very entertaining...

cassie1013

ges
Jan 3 2009, 10:16 AM
JohnandMarlenaFreak
Jan 1 2009, 11:16 PM
Well, I only watched a small portion of it, but she comes right out and says ,"I don't know when they decided to retire the characters." While she is talking about John and Marlena's latest wedding which will be January 26th. I think it's sad that you can hear her son making breakfast in the background, it reminds me that she is now unemployed. And while I was not really interested in the video, I find it remarkable that she cares enough about her fans and the show to swallow the hurt that she must be feeling about being terminated to sit down and make what is really an effort to thank her fans for their support. I feel sorry for the Jarlena fans. I loved nujohn and will miss him very much. I guess if you say it is because of budget cuts that these two vets were let go, it is supposed to get a pass from the fans. But they could have worked it out. Such a load of crap. Think of all the people they could have fired instead of Jarlena. They did it because they knew they could get away with it. Plain and simple. It pisses me off. But everything tptb do pisses me off. Getting rid of Ed Scott was the beginning of the downward spiral. Yet, how do we explain the ratings? I don't understand how they are so good. Did the Jarlenas mount a campaign? Or just go quietly into the night.
OH well, in the real world (not acting) she would be close to retirement anyway.. I don't feel bad for her at all in this respect. The principal of losing your job sucks, but also, she was formerly married to one of the most powerful people in Hollywood who is VERY well off on his own.. I'm sure she's doing fine with her millions from DOOL and hefty divorce settlement(s).

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jan 9 2009, 03:56 PM
Well, I'm sobbing.

A thank-you call from Zucker? Not that I didn't think this before, but that makes things sound pretty final to me, don't you think?
I'm glad that DH is no longer tied to NBC. The only shows I still watch on NBC are The Office and 30 Rock. Once those are gone I probably won't ever be tuning to anything on NBC. Days was the only daytime show I ever watched on the network. I don't watch the Today Show at all.

Deleted User
Deleted User

The ratings are good because people are watching hoping to see Dee and Drake.
Not everyone has access to computers to know when they will air. After they leave I believe the show will take a nose dive.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply