Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Deidre video chat.... Part 3 is up now
Topic Started: Dec 9 2008, 04:21 PM (8,929 Views)
JustJo
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Jan 10 2009, 03:33 AM
ges
Jan 3 2009, 10:16 AM
JohnandMarlenaFreak
Jan 1 2009, 11:16 PM
Well, I only watched a small portion of it, but she comes right out and says ,"I don't know when they decided to retire the characters." While she is talking about John and Marlena's latest wedding which will be January 26th. I think it's sad that you can hear her son making breakfast in the background, it reminds me that she is now unemployed. And while I was not really interested in the video, I find it remarkable that she cares enough about her fans and the show to swallow the hurt that she must be feeling about being terminated to sit down and make what is really an effort to thank her fans for their support. I feel sorry for the Jarlena fans. I loved nujohn and will miss him very much. I guess if you say it is because of budget cuts that these two vets were let go, it is supposed to get a pass from the fans. But they could have worked it out. Such a load of crap. Think of all the people they could have fired instead of Jarlena. They did it because they knew they could get away with it. Plain and simple. It pisses me off. But everything tptb do pisses me off. Getting rid of Ed Scott was the beginning of the downward spiral. Yet, how do we explain the ratings? I don't understand how they are so good. Did the Jarlenas mount a campaign? Or just go quietly into the night.
OH well, in the real world (not acting) she would be close to retirement anyway.. I don't feel bad for her at all in this respect. The principal of losing your job sucks, but also, she was formerly married to one of the most powerful people in Hollywood who is VERY well off on his own.. I'm sure she's doing fine with her millions from DOOL and hefty divorce settlement(s).
Well, she's paying spousal support to that very powerful man, so a reduction in income could be a problem for her. And she's left her other marriages (according to her and friends in the know) without alimony. She is, however, a good businesswoman in her own right. So, hopefully, the lousy economy hasn't done too much damage to her finances.

Also, 61 is no longer close to retirement for an overwhelming number of us Boomers. :wave:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Vandoodle
Member Avatar

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Dec 9 2008, 04:21 PM
I LOVED,LOVED the video chats,they were FAB :rockon:

Deidre Hall is the BEST :hail: :hail:

The police story was so funny :laugh: Are the police that strict in the US? :laugh:

So sad when Deidre got upset at the end of the chat :frownie:

cjknick
Member Avatar

JustJo
Jan 10 2009, 11:49 AM
cassie1013
ges
JohnandMarlenaFreak
Well, I only watched a small portion of it, but she comes right out and says ,"I don't know when they decided to retire the characters." While she is talking about John and Marlena's latest wedding which will be January 26th. I think it's sad that you can hear her son making breakfast in the background, it reminds me that she is now unemployed. And while I was not really interested in the video, I find it remarkable that she cares enough about her fans and the show to swallow the hurt that she must be feeling about being terminated to sit down and make what is really an effort to thank her fans for their support. I feel sorry for the Jarlena fans. I loved nujohn and will miss him very much. I guess if you say it is because of budget cuts that these two vets were let go, it is supposed to get a pass from the fans. But they could have worked it out. Such a load of crap. Think of all the people they could have fired instead of Jarlena. They did it because they knew they could get away with it. Plain and simple. It pisses me off. But everything tptb do pisses me off. Getting rid of Ed Scott was the beginning of the downward spiral. Yet, how do we explain the ratings? I don't understand how they are so good. Did the Jarlenas mount a campaign? Or just go quietly into the night.
OH well, in the real world (not acting) she would be close to retirement anyway.. I don't feel bad for her at all in this respect. The principal of losing your job sucks, but also, she was formerly married to one of the most powerful people in Hollywood who is VERY well off on his own.. I'm sure she's doing fine with her millions from DOOL and hefty divorce settlement(s).
Well, she's paying spousal support to that very powerful man, so a reduction in income could be a problem for her. And she's left her other marriages (according to her and friends in the know) without alimony. She is, however, a good businesswoman in her own right. So, hopefully, the lousy economy hasn't done too much damage to her finances.

Also, 61 is no longer close to retirement for an overwhelming number of us Boomers. :wave:
I think she could write a book or books and perhaps go on the talk circuit - not to mention and occasionally lifetime movie ... Dee will be fine! Drake on the other hand I think may have problems - It would be best for Drake to be pick-up by another soap - maybe another soap will try and nab him and hope he brings his fan base with him.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

cjknick
Jan 11 2009, 10:50 AM
JustJo
Jan 10 2009, 11:49 AM
cassie1013
ges
JohnandMarlenaFreak

I think she could write a book or books and perhaps go on the talk circuit - not to mention and occasionally lifetime movie ... Dee will be fine! Drake on the other hand I think may have problems - It would be best for Drake to be pick-up by another soap - maybe another soap will try and nab him and hope he brings his fan base with him.
I don't think you can make much money on the talk show circuit. Talk shows are for people to promote projects they've done, or sell books they've written. As for Drake, I've heard he's been very frugal with his money and invested it wisely.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply