Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Deidre video chat.... Part 3 is up now
Topic Started: Dec 9 2008, 04:21 PM (9,087 Views)
hops
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 27 2008, 03:41 AM

Dee looks great and she's not even dolled up that much. She was adorable here and so classy, as usual. This just makes you see how down to earth she is. I liked her doing this out of her house and wish more stars would do this. You get insight into their life and see they are just like you. The house looks so warm and welcoming and she kind of seemed like she just got up. She doesn't have alot of answers it seems LOL and she did seem to think alot when it came to show related questions. She handled them classy and I think she would've liked to say something else. So she filmed last on December 16th. I was waiting to hear the exact date.

I didn't get a final feel from this at all. It sounded like anyone who leaves and is not sure what the future hods. She just said there are no plans now. Drake said the same thing when he left. I was LMAO when she said Drake wrote that one email about her returning without him. I actually believed he did LOL. She didn't address the question about how she would feel if they offered her a return, which tells me she would not return unless she knew what she was getting into, kind of like Drake. Can't blame her there. I don't think that means she's closed the door though. She didn't seem ready to reflect on things just yet either. I can see why. It just happened. She seems to be taking it well so I think the door is very much open. She didn't come off bitter when discussing Corday LOL.

Her comment about being unsure of there being a "daytime" to return to was telling. It sounds like she has some things going on outside of daytime taking that comment and her hinting at things in the planning stages. I think alot of actors have accepted things are just bad and that they have to look into other options.

Loved her comments about the J&M story. She seemed to like the way it played out. I know it just may be her being classy but she seemed to enjoy playing opposite a new character.

I do like that they get flashbacks and Marlena helps remind him of things. That sounds good and she seems excited about the wedding, especially her looking good LOL. I loved her saying that was all that mattered. It sounds rushed but it also sounds like they put something worth a damn out there so it's not perfect but it's something. I like that he needs treatment and that is why they leave. Makes sense and they can interact with Austin and Carrie in Switzerland. Cool. Nice touch. I did like the way she gave out spoilers too. She acted so excited and over the top doing that. It was hilarious.

Dee's laugh is cute. She should do a sitcom. I think she could handle it after her acting as Hattie and during the SSK story.
I think she has a great sense of humour too and is totally classy and down to earth and cute, lol. I picked up on her comment about the uncertainty in Daytime right now...she is being realistic. I also wish they had used her natural sense of fun and wit more. It sometimes came through, when you knew a certain line or look had to be an adlib. I think she let some of that come out on the show on the 24th. I also think she did enjoy working with a 'new' character, you can hear it in both her voice and Drakes in the short audio clips from the Michael Fairman interview. They both sounded excited about it (of course that was back in March/April). They talked about the tent scene and also about when Marlena injected Stefano and what possibilities there were, much like I felt at the time. It's too bad it all didn't get to play out on screen.

I hope we at least get to see what Deidre and Drake filmed for that last day. Sometimes, like the tent scene, it doesn't make it onto the screen. She was so cute though when she talked about what she wore for the wedding. I wish we could feel that when we watch the actual show (that joy). Didn't someone say at one point they probably go off to get further treatment for John? Looks like that will be it. Hope whatever she has in the works....works out for her.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Wow, Dee comes off so charming and funny. What I enjoy so much about true professionals, such as Dee, and Kristian Alfonso, is that they never badmouth their bosses, or their ex bosses in this case. It's not because the execs deserve the respect, but it's because if you have class, you keep those feelings to yourself. Spewing negativity only makes matters worse. I still can't believe that Corday called her up on the phone to let her go...... Wow.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

e83talus
Dec 27 2008, 09:14 AM
jules
Dec 27 2008, 07:49 AM
Kyrai
Dec 27 2008, 06:39 AM
Dr. Chip
Dec 27 2008, 02:55 AM
Deidre is still in shock. She's angry. She feels betrayed, stung, and hurt. I think that comes across although she never verbalizes any of this. Classy to the end, she will never badmouth her idiotic boss, Ken Corday.

I want Y&R to snatch her up so that when Ken realizes his mistake and comes running, she's unavailable.
I hope so too!

I felt the same way. She seems very hurt. Made me said when she said how much she'll miss Marlena. I will miss her too. She said something is in the works. I hope its works out.
ITA, ff course she feels hurt. And classless Corday fires her over the phone (no surprise consdering his track record). And as we all predicted, 30 years of history on the show for Deidre and 20+ for Drake is given one episode to wrap up the characters. I guess it would be too much to give them a little more time when it's so important to see Sami/Rafe. Ejole and Mel/Phi/Step say and do the same things day after day after day. I'll bet that most of what Deidre talked about gets cut as well and we'll be lucky to see 5 minutes of them on the show that day.
Deidre was entertaining as she always is in her chats. I appreciate her openess and attempt to communicate with her fans. She is not going to bad mouth any of her bosses because she is a smart woman!
It was not an accident that she reads the letter about rumors of their return and then says, that is not true "unless you are starting it", then says, "Tully can you shut that door." Someone in the background says, "you mean the one that was left open (giggle)." "Yes shut that door..."

She is too classy to say what we want her to say but that said enough for me. There is no way in Hell she would go back. I know others have said that and went back, but Dee has never been fired or let go and I think she means it because she has done other things besides Daytime before and knows that she can get more work.
Are you suggesting she planned that? I doubt it. I mean, she seemed surprised the contractor showed up and the exchange between her and her son did not sound fake or deliberate. It was normal

Yes, alot of it seemed planned like where she was sitting and all but there were people in the house so I doubt that had some other meaning then what it meant. Otherwise, if that were the case, I would lose respect for her because I would prefer she just come out and say something. That is why I didn't get a sense of finality. I know she has class and all but I think she may have been a bit more critical of the stories and Corday if she felt sure it was truly the end. To me, she was just being professional and was just uncertain about the future. She kept the door open in my view and I don't think there was much in the way of hidden meaning or deliberate actions at all. I think the only deliberate actions on her part were giving out the spoilers and thinking before she said anything show-related so she didn't screw over the show's plans or say something that may close the door down the road.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mikegoldy
Dec 27 2008, 02:18 PM
Wow, Dee comes off so charming and funny. What I enjoy so much about true professionals, such as Dee, and Kristian Alfonso, is that they never badmouth their bosses, or their ex bosses in this case. It's not because the execs deserve the respect, but it's because if you have class, you keep those feelings to yourself. Spewing negativity only makes matters worse. I still can't believe that Corday called her up on the phone to let her go...... Wow.
The phone call is just horrible but I expect it now. Corday either makes the co-EP fire people or calls the person on the phone if he has to do it. He's a coward. He's done that the last few times someone was fired. Actually, he's been doing that for a few years now.

I do think hops made an interesting point. Dee did seem to ad lib a bit on the Christmas eve show with her laugh and her wit. It was cute.

I think she looked adorable with her reading glasses too. She seemed nervous. She kept wiping her glasses on the blanket and stumbling with words a bit. It just made it more endearing.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I was disappointed with the clip, she skipped some of the more interesting questions like most challenging scenes, favorite scene, etc.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

One thing I feel certain about; she and Drake will be back at some point. Either for good, or the last episode (God forbid). I think the actors come back (even when they fired like 300 times) because of their strong attachment to the legacy of the show, the people on the, show and the fans. There is nothing like a DAYS fan!

daisysmommy

Mikegoldy
Dec 27 2008, 04:54 PM
One thing I feel certain about; she and Drake will be back at some point. Either for good, or the last episode (God forbid). I think the actors come back (even when they fired like 300 times) because of their strong attachment to the legacy of the show, the people on the, show and the fans. There is nothing like a DAYS fan!
No, there's nothing like a 60-ish actor. But that said, I would follow the DHs anywhere. And I would be happy to see Corday burn, slowly and deliberately....like he's done to the fans.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

daisysmommy
Dec 27 2008, 05:14 PM
Mikegoldy
Dec 27 2008, 04:54 PM
No, there's nothing like a 60-ish actor. But that said, I would follow the DHs anywhere. And I would be happy to see Corday burn, slowly and deliberately....like he's done to the fans.
Well, I would hope you truly wouldn't like to see the man burn to death, but to each her own lol I was just saying that a lot of actors (Dee especially) do things for their fans. And if she thought down the line, coming back as Marlena would make them happy, she would probably do it.

Dr. Chip

PhoenixRising05
Dec 27 2008, 03:41 AM
. . . she seems excited about the wedding, especially her looking good LOL. I loved her saying that was all that mattered. It sounds rushed but it also sounds like they put something worth a damn out there so it's not perfect but it's something. . . .

I did like the way she gave out spoilers too. She acted so excited and over the top doing that. It was hilarious. . . .
She liked her clothes for the wedding, but I heard something different as far as them putting something "worth a damn" out there. She seemed to emphasize that it was rushed and then it was over. She also seemed to not blame the writers because the decision came down and they had to throw something together, and so this is what you get. But I wouldn't say she's excited about the wedding or that it's worth a damn. Just my opinion.

Also, I agree that she was a little "excited" about giving out spoilers. But I think it was more like this: "I'm not supposed to say anything, but John gets his memory back and we get married! Oops! I let one slip! Oh, well. Screw you, DAYS." (Of course, she would NEVER say that. But I think that was her attitude. That's how it felt to me anyway.)

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Sindacco
Dec 27 2008, 04:02 PM
I was disappointed with the clip, she skipped some of the more interesting questions like most challenging scenes, favorite scene, etc.
I wasn't impressed. My mom actually got up and left during the clip because Deidre annoyed her so much.

She should have read the questions before hand so we didn't have to see her skip or not answer many of them or they should have been edited out. At least that way she had some answers prepared. It cracked me up when she read comments/questions to herself and then thanked the person for their comments/questions when we have no clue what they were. lol

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

hoochielicious
Dec 27 2008, 07:29 PM
Sindacco
I wasn't impressed. My mom actually got up and left during the clip because Deidre annoyed her so much.

She should have read the questions before hand so we didn't have to see her skip or not answer many of them or they should have been edited out. At least that way she had some answers prepared. It cracked me up when she read comments/questions to herself and then thanked the person for their comments/questions when we have no clue what they were. lol
I wanted to see Andrea!

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Like every other chat before it, I love this chat. It's down to earth, it's so normal and cute, and she's hilarious. She has ways of saying things without saying them. I can't wait to see the next part!

She's just an incredibly charming and adorable person. She always has been, and I'm so glad they did a chat for christmas!

jules

The Room Stops
Dec 27 2008, 07:41 PM
Like every other chat before it, I love this chat. It's down to earth, it's so normal and cute, and she's hilarious. She has ways of saying things without saying them. I can't wait to see the next part!

She's just an incredibly charming and adorable person. She always has been, and I'm so glad they did a chat for christmas!
ITA, but I guess for some it wasn't enough that she actually took the time to talk to her fans. Whatever! I loved that she welcomed us into her home and chatted like a real person.

hops
Member Avatar

jules
Dec 27 2008, 07:47 PM
The Room Stops

ITA, but I guess for some it wasn't enough that she actually took the time to talk to her fans. Whatever! I loved that she welcomed us into her home and chatted like a real person.
I felt the same way Jules. She was genuine and warm. I'm looking forward to part 2.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

hoochielicious
Sindacco

I may have my problems with her acting at times, and the way Marlena is written at times. However, part of the charm was that she was so natural and it really felt like you were there with her. She doesn't owe these video chats to anyone. She does it for her fans and i'm sure her fans appreciated it.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

She was snarky as usual. Loved it.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mikegoldy
Dec 27 2008, 09:12 PM
hoochielicious
Sindacco

I may have my problems with her acting at times, and the way Marlena is written at times. However, part of the charm was that she was so natural and it really felt like you were there with her. She doesn't owe these video chats to anyone. She does it for her fans and i'm sure her fans appreciated it.

I'm sure they do, and I liked the ad lib moments between her and her son and sister. That was fun (I wanted that lamp behind her!). And the contractor should be a dayplayer. :D And no, she doesn't owe those to anyone. But, that doesn't mean the format couldn't have used some improvement, and I'm not necessarily throwing that in her court. I don't know how this whole thing was organized.

I will admit, I got really uncomfortable as she looked over the letters and skipped what some of them said and really paused with some others. Did she not get an opportunity to preview letters and select some to read, so she had time to collect her thoughts ahead of time? The family issues would have still provided spontaneity, and there wouldn't have been that empty time. I'm sure there are some fans who submitted questions who were wondering "Is she reading my letter, and why isn't she answering my questions?" Plus, this would have given her time to really formulate comfortable answers about her firing without being felt on the spot. (Well, I'm assuming she might have felt on the spot. I wouldn't know, but it's just my observation). I would think just about anyone, actor or no, would have reacted the same way if they weren't used to fielding questions on camera on the spot.

It's quite obvious she adores Wayne. I loved listening to her talk about him when that was brought up, as well as the necklace banter between Andrea and her. I liked the little antecdotes she had about her sons, too.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Dec 27 2008, 09:26 PM.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

There aren't just questions on the pages, there are practically little letters too. She has to search for the questions.

andromeda

jules
Dec 27 2008, 07:47 PM
The Room Stops

How surprising. Not. But they will gladly sit through a chat (of practically no substance either) while an actor makes remarks about what he imagines these fans are like in bed or how he is naked and in a tub. Cuz that is just so impressive :huh:

I say good on you, Deidre. What a class act you are for doing this for your fans :)

It's a shame you invite people into your home and this is the crap you get for it.
Edited by andromeda, Dec 27 2008, 10:25 PM.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Dec 27 2008, 09:23 PM
Mikegoldy
Dec 27 2008, 09:12 PM
hoochielicious
Sindacco

I'm sure they do, and I liked the ad lib moments between her and her son and sister. That was fun (I wanted that lamp behind her!). And the contractor should be a dayplayer. :D And no, she doesn't owe those to anyone. But, that doesn't mean the format couldn't have used some improvement, and I'm not necessarily throwing that in her court. I don't know how this whole thing was organized.

I will admit, I got really uncomfortable as she looked over the letters and skipped what some of them said and really paused with some others. Did she not get an opportunity to preview letters and select some to read, so she had time to collect her thoughts ahead of time? The family issues would have still provided spontaneity, and there wouldn't have been that empty time. I'm sure there are some fans who submitted questions who were wondering "Is she reading my letter, and why isn't she answering my questions?" Plus, this would have given her time to really formulate comfortable answers about her firing without being felt on the spot. (Well, I'm assuming she might have felt on the spot. I wouldn't know, but it's just my observation). I would think just about anyone, actor or no, would have reacted the same way if they weren't used to fielding questions on camera on the spot.

It's quite obvious she adores Wayne. I loved listening to her talk about him when that was brought up, as well as the necklace banter between Andrea and her. I liked the little antecdotes she had about her sons, too.
I hear ya, but I gather there were some questions that she didn't feel comfortable answering. I liked the feeling of her possibly seeing these letters for the first time on camera. And seeing her personality, I'm not sure why the writers didn't write snarky Marlena more often. IMO, she plays the "victim" horribly, but when Marlena is written as funny, or in charge, or fiesty, I really enjoy her. However, "sexy" Marlena makes me puke lol

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply