Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Deidre video chat.... Part 3 is up now
Topic Started: Dec 9 2008, 04:21 PM (9,064 Views)
hops
Member Avatar

To each their own, lol. I love a passionate Marlena...when she is with John. And I enjoy her vulnerability and her fierceness when she is protecting her family. I love all the different facets of her. I guess it's why I like her so much. But I didn't like the way she was written from the spring until just recently. That didn't ring true, it was all over the place, if I was her I would have been rolling my eyes. Some of the hospital stuff was good, but whoever was in charge of story and character development (if there is such a person, which would be surprise to me,lol) did not understand Marlena at all for most of this year.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jules

hops
Dec 27 2008, 10:34 PM
To each their own, lol. I love a passionate Marlena...when she is with John. And I enjoy her vulnerability and her fierceness when she is protecting her family. I love all the different facets of her. I guess it's why I like her so much. But I didn't like the way she was written from the spring until just recently. That didn't ring true, it was all over the place, if I was her I would have been rolling my eyes. Some of the hospital stuff was good, but whoever was in charge of story and character development (if there is such a person, which would be surprise to me,lol) did not understand Marlena at all for most of this year.
Nice post. I love that Marlena is a passionate, caring, funny and all in all, a multifaceted character who has maintained fans for so many years. The actress and the character must be doing something fight. ;)

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

andromeda
Dec 27 2008, 10:13 PM
jules
Dec 27 2008, 07:47 PM
The Room Stops
Dec 27 2008, 07:41 PM
Like every other chat before it, I love this chat. It's down to earth, it's so normal and cute, and she's hilarious. She has ways of saying things without saying them. I can't wait to see the next part!

She's just an incredibly charming and adorable person. She always has been, and I'm so glad they did a chat for christmas!
ITA, but I guess for some it wasn't enough that she actually took the time to talk to her fans. Whatever! I loved that she welcomed us into her home and chatted like a real person.
How surprising. Not. But they will gladly sit through a chat (of practically no substance either) while an actor makes remarks about what he imagines these fans are like in bed or how he is naked and in a tub. Cuz that is just so impressive :huh:

I say good on you, Deidre. What a class act you are for doing this for your fans :)

It's a shame you invite people into your home and this is the crap you get for it.
All those questions that Deidre skipped, Thaao answers during his spontaneous chats. There's plenty of substance along with flirting during his chats. Just because he doesn't talk about J&M doesn't make his chats without substance.

I guess you missed the parts where he talks about his travels and spiritual journeys.

I'm just saying that Deidre's chat would have been better if the questions were prescreened so she wouldn't be reading them silently to herself most of the time. Besides giving spoilers, she really didn't say anything about herself away from the show.

It was nice to see her gush about Wayne.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Dec 27 2008, 09:55 PM
There aren't just questions on the pages, there are practically little letters too. She has to search for the questions.
Yeah really,she had tons of questions to look over and if you look on her site where she got the questions there really long,when I went on the site I had to search for the actual questions,Dee is such a joy to watch,cannot wait for next part,LOVED how she gave things away,she can,what does she care they already fired her she can say whatever she wants.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

andromeda
It's a shame you invite people into your home and this is the crap you get for it.
Crap? What crap has Deidre gotten? Some of us were just disappointed with the way it was done, that's all. Geez, if you don't worship everything Deidre does you get slammed.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Sindacco
Dec 27 2008, 11:40 PM
andromeda
Crap? What crap has Deidre gotten? Some of us were just disappointed with the way it was done, that's all. Geez, if you don't worship everything Deidre does you get slammed.
Exactly. I wasn't bashing Deidre. I think the entire chat could have been better produced or edited. If it was a totally live event, then that would have been fine. But it was recorded and somewhat edited. The questions should have been presented in a way so it was easier for her to read so we didn't have to watch her read and not answer.

hops
Member Avatar

hoochielicious
Dec 27 2008, 11:49 PM
Sindacco
andromeda
Exactly. I wasn't bashing Deidre. I think the entire chat could have been better produced or edited. If it was a totally live event, then that would have been fine. But it was recorded and somewhat edited. The questions should have been presented in a way so it was easier for her to read so we didn't have to watch her read and not answer.
Well, that's how all her chats have been like. Off the cuff. It's not formal. It's just a way to, as she said, say thank you and see what is on everyone's minds. And she did answer the questions. It's just that people wrote her little letters to say thank you and she was reading the comments. Why should it be 'produced' it's not a TV show, it's for her fans.
Edited by hops, Dec 28 2008, 12:07 AM.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

I love the way it is personally. It's cute watching her read the letters because sometimes she cracks up, sometimes she's really touched by them...

andromeda

hoochielicious
Sindacco
andromeda
The chat was what it was. People didn’t like it? That's fine. People could have gotten up like your mother and walked out. People didn’t “have to watch her read” anything. She certainly wasn’t holding a gun to anybody's head. She invited people into her home, and took some time out of her day just like Thaao does for you all (which I am sure you appreciate – even when he is still in the bathtub – or maybe he should have donned a suit and wore a black tie for the event? or is he allowed to be sitting casually in a bathtub?), to show her appreciation for people’s support over the years. It wasn’t supposed to be a stage production. It is meant to be casual and chill :)

e83talus
Member Avatar

I too loved the chats and the format. Deidre does off the cuff and unplanned very well and it works for her and her fanbase, which is who these chats are usually targeted at.

She is also not competing with other actors who chat (no offense to Thaoo or his fans). She just does her and we love it.

There are more parts coming out and I will stand on line to watch the rest.

andromeda

Sindacco
Crap? What crap has Deidre gotten?
“I wasn't impressed. My mom actually got up and left during the clip because Deidre annoyed her so much.”

Quote:

Some of us were just disappointed with the way it was done, that's all.

And some were "annoyed" by Deidre. It didn’t have to be done at all.

Quote:

Geez, if you don't worship everything Deidre does you get slammed.

And obviously, Deidre gets slammed no matter what. You might be confusing appreciation with worship. I appreciate her taking the time to chat and thank her fans now that her 30 + year stint has come to an end. Is that ok? Can I do that without worshipping the woman?

andromeda

e83talus
Dec 28 2008, 01:45 AM
I too loved the chats and the format. Deidre does off the cuff and unplanned very well and it works for her and her fanbase, which is who these chats are usually targeted at.

She is also not competing with other actors who chat (no offense to Thaoo or his fans). She just does her and we love it.

There are more parts coming out and I will stand on line to watch the rest.
:)

andromeda

hoochielicious
Dec 27 2008, 11:01 PM
All those questions that Deidre skipped, Thaao answers during his spontaneous chats. There's plenty of substance along with flirting during his chats. Just because he doesn't talk about J&M doesn't make his chats without substance.
And there was plenty of substance for some in what Deidre did have to share. Personally, I find the more spontaneous stuff and her stories interesting. I don't expect her to be sitting there reading from the pages before her, verbatim and not digressing. Sorry she wasn't flirting with anyone.

Quote:

I guess you missed the parts where he talks about his travels and spiritual journeys.

I have heard that he speaks of his travels and spiritual journeys and I have heard about some of his other general comments. And that is fine, he does it for his fans, it is what his fans like and what they are "impressed" by. Regardless of the content of his chats, I am impressed by his devotion to his fans. I don't have to be a fan to recognize that. I am just drawing a comparison and I find it interesting that Deidre's chats aren't "impressive" enough. Is she supposed to talk about what fans do in their bedrooms? I question whether it would it really have made a difference for some people if the questions were read out properly or if this, that or the other was executed differently.

Quote:

I'm just saying that Deidre's chat would have been better if the questions were prescreened so she wouldn't be reading them silently to herself most of the time. Besides giving spoilers, she really didn't say anything about herself away from the show.

As I am sure you can appreciate, and as you have conceded yourself, this is a very different format to chatting behind a screen. That doesn’t necessarily mean that this video format is going to be more polished or that ‘polished’ is the desired outcome. The whole point of this is to be able to see Deidre as she is going through fans questions and to see her as herself in a casual setting and maybe she did what she felt comfortable with given that it was no longer restricted to her fan club audience. Sure, there is the added advantage (or disadvantage depending on how you look at it) of being able to edit certain things so perhaps you might expect something more, as I said, polished, but it is meant to be as impromptu as it can be. And even then, she is supposedly, purposefully leaving doors open to make a statement about the show :P Just imagine if it were all rehearsed.

Quote:

It was nice to see her gush about Wayne.

I love how close they are still :)
Edited by andromeda, Dec 28 2008, 03:30 AM.

madelinehawaii

andromeda
How surprising. Not.
you got that part right

if anyone suggests Deidre might do something differently, the finger pointing commences by a few

I'm a confused as to why Thaao is being used as a measure here since no one suggested such a comparison even existed or that his chats have more substance until you decided that was the case.

The two people who complained simply pointed out things they didn't like about this particular chat.

Quote:

And obviously, Deidre gets slammed no matter what.

you make that sound as though no other actor on the show is in the same position or that actors shouldn't be in such a position. Curious since you don't have any problem turning around and doing it yourself.

Quote:

I am just drawing a comparison and I find it interesting that Deidre's chats aren't "impressive" enough. Is she supposed to talk about what fans do in their bedrooms?

Why would you go to the trouble of drawing comparisons if you're not going to stick to the specific reasons given as to why the person was unhappy with the chat? Bringing up what you've heard Thaao does in his chats (which you were the first to do) is not comparing...as best it's insinuating..and if not, it's an assumption and you've made it obvious the purpose of you bringing it up is to show how trivial another actor's chats are in your opinion...ones you haven't even read apparently

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

madelinehawaii
Dec 28 2008, 04:42 AM
andromeda
How surprising. Not.
you got that part right

if anyone suggests Deidre might do something differently, the finger pointing commences by a few

I'm a confused as to why Thaao is being used as a measure here since no one suggested such a comparison even existed or that his chats have more substance until you decided that was the case.

The two people who complained simply pointed out things they didn't like about this particular chat.

Quote:

And obviously, Deidre gets slammed no matter what.

you make that sound as though no other actor on the show is in the same position or that actors shouldn't be in such a position. Curious since you don't have any problem turning around and doing it yourself.

Quote:

I am just drawing a comparison and I find it interesting that Deidre's chats aren't "impressive" enough. Is she supposed to talk about what fans do in their bedrooms?

Why would you go to the trouble of drawing comparisons if you're not going to stick to the specific reasons given as to why the person was unhappy with the chat? Bringing up what you've heard Thaao does in his chats (which you were the first to do) is not comparing...as best it's insinuating..and if not, it's an assumption and you've made it obvious the purpose of you bringing it up is to show how trivial another actor's chats are in your opinion...ones you haven't even read apparently
Madeline, you bring up some good points. Good grief. I get so tired of not being able to comment on things that I feel might have been done differently just because it's All.......ABOUt............DEE.........(or anyone else, for that matter) and I didn't see any bashing of Dee herself in any of these comments. At least for mine...all I commented on was that she might have been given the opportunity to read the letters first, or as was mentioned earlier, have some of that scanning edited and maybe showed her scanning the letters she DID address. And that's a matter of opinion. In my post, I made positive comments, too. There were a lot of parts I enjoyed, especially the family spontaneity.
And why the hell does someone have to bring Thaao up? What does he have to do with this? Why is there this Thaao bashing whenever someone brings up something about Deidre that might be less than perfect? Especially since Deidre and Thaao are such good friends. It amazes me. I would think this friendship would be respected. And I would be just as mad if someone would have brought up Ali chats or Steve chats or anyone else just to try to make this one look better to some. It's like politics. It's a turn-off to many to make one person look good by dragging someone else through the mud and doesn't sell your point at all.
Well, I STILL want that lamp! I still would have loved to have seen Andrea. I still loved the banter Dee had with her family and the contractor. I liked her reading glasses. I liked her talking tone. It was very natural when she was conversing and apparently feeling comfortable about the topic. And I still wish the letters were either pre-screened or some of it edited.
And I agree with Tim. I highly doubt that door thing was planned. Maybe that was some secret code only some were privvy to, who knows? :shrug:
And, to top it off, I actually liked Dee's Christmas Eve stuff, too! But, I think it's OK for people to like some things and not like some things about anyone.
For those of you who simply said, "I like this format better" and explained why without turning it into a fight (or even just said "I enjoyed this format"), thank you. :)
And, I STILL want that lamp! Actually, I kinda like that sofa, too. :D I loved how she mentioned Wayne. And, was I mistaken, or did Drake sneak in a little letter there? LOL

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Drake didn't write the letter, that's Dee's humor. She's snarky, it's what she does. She makes fabulously snarky comments. Because it sounded like it could've been given how the fan was curious if she'd return without him.

The whole point of the chats is to have it be natural and unpolished, and unprepared. That was the reason it was started in the first place. So that there could be a homey feeling where she talks to the fanclub/fans as herself without anything rehearsed or planned, just taking it as it goes along, AKA real life.

This is a treat she does for the fans, there should be no expectations as to how she and CJ set it up. I personally love it, it's just her being herself and being very very normal.
Edited by The Room Stops, Dec 28 2008, 11:44 AM.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

hops
Dec 28 2008, 12:05 AM
hoochielicious
Sindacco
andromeda
Well, that's how all her chats have been like. Off the cuff. It's not formal. It's just a way to, as she said, say thank you and see what is on everyone's minds. And she did answer the questions. It's just that people wrote her little letters to say thank you and she was reading the comments. Why should it be 'produced' it's not a TV show, it's for her fans.
She answered most of the personal questions with, "idk." I'm disappointed that I didn't get a real gist of what she's like as a person. If she read the questions in advance, her answers would have been a lot better than "idk" or just skipping them.

peaches179

The Room Stops
Dec 28 2008, 11:43 AM
The whole point of the chats is to have it be natural and unpolished, and unprepared. That was the reason it was started in the first place. So that there could be a homey feeling where she talks to the fanclub/fans as herself without anything rehearsed or planned, just taking it as it goes along, AKA real life.

This is a treat she does for the fans, there should be no expectations as to how she and CJ set it up. I personally love it, it's just her being herself and being very very normal.

IA. I Thought she was super cute! I enjoyed the chat. She seems so relaxed and at home.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

andromeda
Dec 28 2008, 01:41 AM
hoochielicious
Sindacco
andromeda
The chat was what it was. People didn’t like it? That's fine. People could have gotten up like your mother and walked out. People didn’t “have to watch her read” anything. She certainly wasn’t holding a gun to anybody's head. She invited people into her home, and took some time out of her day just like Thaao does for you all (which I am sure you appreciate – even when he is still in the bathtub – or maybe he should have donned a suit and wore a black tie for the event? or is he allowed to be sitting casually in a bathtub?), to show her appreciation for people’s support over the years. It wasn’t supposed to be a stage production. It is meant to be casual and chill :)

I'm saying it could have been better. I don't see how helpful suggestions could hurt.

Thaao's chats have changed. It used to be a "free for all" with everyone asking questions at once. We suggested that the chatters be called on to ask questions in order that way everyone gets a question in, and things worked out much better. There's always room for improvement.

No one said a word about what Deidre was wearing.

BTW, Thaao's naked in the tub. Duh. lol It's not a video chat, just a normal chat room. As long as he's not wearing a clown suit he can wear what he wants. lol

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

andromeda
Dec 28 2008, 02:27 AM
Can I do that without worshipping the woman?
idk, can you?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply