Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Deidre video chat.... Part 3 is up now
Topic Started: Dec 9 2008, 04:21 PM (9,041 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Kenny
Jan 2 2009, 09:10 AM
e83talus
Jan 2 2009, 08:28 AM
Love Dee as always. Can't wait for part three. These are my random thoughts and comments:

1. Who is Alex Marshall? Somebody post a pic....
2. Who is Cullom Chandler or whoever the clumsy guy is she is talking about?
3. I am thinking Lingerie not PJ's...

Here's a picture of Quinn Redeker, who I believe played Alex Marshall...

Posted Image

As for Kellam Chandler, he's the guy who raped Marlena back in the late 70's/early 80's. The scenes used to be on YouTube, but they've since been taken down. Thanks, Sony! :flipoff:
Now, THERE'S a cool bad guy. I loved to hate him.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Me too! I loved Alex Marshall. He was badass, didn't really apologize for it and he was generally awesome.

Ellie

Kenny
As for Kellam Chandler, he's the guy who raped Marlena back in the late 70's/early 80's. The scenes used to be on YouTube, but they've since been taken down. Thanks, Sony! :flipoff:
Oh, seriously, they're not on YouTube? I was just about to check. That scene where Marlena testifies that Kellam raped her has to be one of Deidre's top ten scenes, if not top five. Just chilling. I remember at one point during the scene, the camera goes on her hands, and they're literally shaking.

hops
Member Avatar

Kenny
e83talus
Love Dee as always. Can't wait for part three. These are my random thoughts and comments:

Posted Image

The scenes are still there between Marlena and Kellum Chandler.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

I LOVE what she said about fave tender John and Marlena moments,I can never answer that question either,there is WAY TOO many wonderful moments to pick from.But the 1991 pier is one of my faves of course.
Edited by JohnandMarlenaFreak, Jan 2 2009, 11:20 AM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

hops
Jan 2 2009, 11:13 AM

Oh, are they? I could've sworn they had been removed!

hops
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 2 2009, 11:20 AM
hops

Here is one....I had to turn it off after she tried to get away from Kellum...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kLBCPTbp68&feature=related

Ellie

Oh, thanks hops! Here are the ones where she's testifying: (embedding is disabled):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAyldmE00ec (starts around 3:20)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cL92Ir6Q5c

Ellie

Kenny
Jan 2 2009, 11:20 AM
hops

They were - someone else added them after that.

misch
Member Avatar

i have very much enjoyed these chats. i started watching days in '91 because of deidre hall and i have grown to enjoy the other characters and other couples on the show i was introduced too. each character affected other storylines but now it feels like a show piece meeled together. soon when dee and drake leave on jan 23rd i will not watch.
days r.i.p. 1991-jan. 23rd 2008 :(

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

ladyofthelake
Jan 2 2009, 09:15 AM
Kenny
e83talus

Posted Image

Now, THERE'S a cool bad guy. I loved to hate him.
QR is the bomb. Loved Alex Marshall. That would have been cool to have paired up Alex with Marlena. I don't think she would have put up with him for more than two minutes, but it would have been a fun two minutes.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Go ahead and bash me..but this one was much better than the first. I'm sure my editing suggestion had nothing to do with it. :wink:

Loved the QR story. The cat is very beautiful too.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

hoochielicious
Jan 2 2009, 04:56 PM
Go ahead and bash me..but this one was much better than the first. I'm sure my editing suggestion had nothing to do with it. :wink:

No bashing here! :D I need to watch it. I wanna see the cat and see if that lamp's still there!
Ahh, Quinn Redeker. Dang, I liked him. I know a lot of people miss the mid to late 80's. I miss the late 70's and EARLY 80's.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

ladyofthelake
Jan 2 2009, 06:08 PM
hoochielicious

No bashing here! :D I need to watch it. I wanna see the cat and see if that lamp's still there!
Ahh, Quinn Redeker. Dang, I liked him. I know a lot of people miss the mid to late 80's. I miss the late 70's and EARLY 80's.
The lamp is still there. She's still in that chair you like too.

The Quinn story is great. I don't want to ruin it. Great surprise ending. :makeout:

I would seriously send Corday a check if he'd rehire QR. Anna needs someone to antagonize her.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

hoochielicious
Jan 2 2009, 06:48 PM
ladyofthelake
hoochielicious

The Quinn story is great. I don't want to ruin it. Great surprise ending. :makeout:

I would seriously send Corday a check if he'd rehire QR. Anna needs someone to antagonize her.
But we need Anna. :frown: But, I love your thinking!
I'll watch the clip tonight. It will be good to hear about the old days.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Jan 2 2009, 07:38 PM.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

ladyofthelake
Jan 2 2009, 07:37 PM
hoochielicious
Jan 2 2009, 06:48 PM
ladyofthelake
hoochielicious

But we need Anna. :frown: But, I love your thinking!
I'll watch the clip tonight. It will be good to hear about the old days.
Anna needs Alex to whisper bad advice in her ear. lol I love good ole Days stories.

Pretty In Pink

Ellie
Dec 29 2008, 11:30 PM
Pretty In Pink
Dec 29 2008, 11:23 PM
IN MY OPINION, Deidre should have been fired after the lame possession storyline.
Well, the ratings went up and they actually extended the story because they felt it was going so well, and she did lots of publicity for the show during that storyline, so firing the star of that storyline probably wasn't the first thing on their list.
The storyline was still one of the worst on daytime television. I know a lot of people that quit watching Days after that and they have never watched it again. I can't say that I blame them.

Pretty In Pink

ladyofthelake
Dec 30 2008, 08:50 AM
Mikegoldy
Dec 29 2008, 04:26 PM
And remember, Dee and TP are good friends, and I'm certain they wouldn't be proud of the fighting going on. Just a thought
Basically, that was my point in my post earlier when I got all hot and bothered.

As to the possible return, I had that thought, too, that when Reilly's estate finishes getting his contract money, that frees up a whole bunch of dough. They might rehire D&D back, or they might find out the show continues to sail without them and might consider bringing back other past characters that haven't been back for a while. May is a long way off. Remember, there's a lot of stuff that happened in 2008 we would have never dreamed would have happened, either! Who would have thought, after 16 years, S&K would have been back? And if they do come back in May, hopefully, that will give the writers time to come up with something new and fresh for them. Marlena needs to be in the workplace. John needs to be involved in the ISA, Basic Black, or PI work. They need to be facing issues that folks of my age (yes, middle age, I said it) need to be facing. They can still be a viable couple and romantic couple without the cloak and dagger and amnesia and, yes, even Stefano. On OLTL, one of the most popular couples (based on what I've seen on boards) is Vicki and Charlie. And, they don't need all that stuff. They show moral support to each other. They show natural angst. They are ADORABLE! We don't need reruns of the 80s to make John and Marlena a palatable couple for those of us who don't wish to relive the 80s.

As for the haters comment........that word is so harsh and immature. Why do people who have an opposing opinion have to be called "haters"? I, for one, don't hate Dee Hall/Marlena. I have my issues with her, but I also have things about her I like (character and actress alike). Hell, I have issues with my FAVORITE characters or actors. I have no qualms about realizing they are imperfect and they are human and they go to the bathroom like everyone else. Probably even have to take Metamucil a time or two. :D Does one hate a family member or friends just because he/she doesn't always agree with them or how they handle things? Do you hate everyone you don't agree with? (On second thought, maybe some of you do. Sad).

Sindacco brought up a good point. If this video was meant for the eyes of Dee fans only, perhaps it shouldn't have been publicized except in her fan club, and in order to view it, one had to join the fan club or the board (if new members are allowed, which, from what I understand, they are not now?) So, I'm going to assume now, that many of us won't see Part 2. Oh, well. If it's available, I'll watch it to see what she says. If I like it, I'll say so. If there's something I don't like, I'll say so. If it's hidden from heretics like me, my life will go on. :D
:hail: :hail: :hail:

Pretty In Pink

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Dec 30 2008, 09:00 AM
Pretty In Pink
Dec 29 2008, 11:23 PM
JohnandMarlenaFreak
Dec 29 2008, 04:40 PM
Pretty In Pink
Dec 29 2008, 02:36 PM
ladyofthelake
Dec 29 2008, 09:41 AM
andromeda
Dec 29 2008, 07:28 AM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
Sweetheart, do you make pretzels? Because you really twisted my words.

I've defended Bryan and Allison and James and any other actor whom I feel have been unfairly dragged into a so-called discussion in a negative light only to try to win points. Hell, I've even defended DEIDRE/MARLENA before and I don't play stupid games. Just because it didn't happen here or in this particular thread doesn't mean it didn't happen. If I like something, I'll say it. If I don't like something, I'll say it. If I see comments that stink, I call bullshit. Try reading more of my posts sometimes. And right now, I'm calling bullshit.

The reason I said what I did is because, see, the topic was DEE'S chat. Out of the blue, someone brought up Thaao and just started in on him as a way of defending Dee's chat. And, see, that's a poor defense. And, I brought this up because this isn't the first time, out of the blue, Thaao is brought up when Dee has been criticized. It's like a pattern. And it's very puzzling. Why not bring up Steve Nichols's chats or Allison Sweeney's blogs or something about someone else? I can tell you why. Because then, by bringing in Thaao, someone is bringing in past fanbase wars. There, I said it, and I know I just put a target on myself by for mods and all others to swoop in and rip me apart, but I'm not going to dance around this.

Hey, if someone starts a thread about a Thaao chat, and you attend and want to criticize it, by all means, go for it. Because, you know, it would be ON TOPIC. You would be within your rights. And, if someone brought in Dee's chat for comparison just to start something, then,my opinion would be the same. I would expect someone to explain why they like his chats instead of using Dee bashing as a way to make his chats look better.

I sincerely doubt those who criticized the chat feel any threat. They were doing what is usually allowed in a discussion board: bringing in a dissenting opinion about the thread. It's the ones who brought in Thaao and started playing the comparison game without really telling us why Dee's format I'm questioning. And by playing this game, you are making it easier for more people who might not have said things otherwise to turn this into a free-for all.

And once again, I am NOT aiming this comment at the fans who were able to tell us why they liked the format in an objective, diplomatic way. I give you all kudos, because, see, after you said that, I could see your point. The live format was kind of cool. I just wished the letters had been pre-read or a little more editing done.

Well, I guess, in one way, your point was proven. Like her or dislike her, Dee Hall sure brings up a lot of topics of interest! Or, should I say, the vehement defense of her does. :D

Posted Image

And that's all I have to say about dat.
How dare anyone say anything negative about the conceited, stuck on herself, non talented has been Diva named Deidre Hall! :rolleyes:

Great post by the way! :laugh:
If Dee is a ''has been'' why was she on the show for 32 YEARS,oh thats right because ALOT more people love her than hate her,she hasn't done one single thing to hurt anyone,so she gasps,who doesn't occasionally,does that mean she deserves to be hated and unemployed,UM no,I would never wish someone to be unemployed,especially if they have kids just because I don't like a habit they may have and she is NOT ''stuck on herself'',so she JOKES about wanting to look pretty sometimes,um she's a woman,well all jokingly say stuff like that once in a while,its doesn't mean were full of ourselves,its called playing around and having a sense of humor,least Deidre has one,believe me she is the furthest thing from a diva,the amount of charity work she has done makes me idolize her,she has helped out alot of people by doing what she does,how many people out there can say that,her former cast mates love her,for most of my life I have heard NOTHING but how wonderful Deidre is.
IN MY OPINION, Deidre should have been fired after the lame possession storyline. I think her career went downhill after that. A lot of somewhat famous people do charity work, big deal. I would never idolize (worship) a celebrity. IN MY OPINION, people that should be idolized are people in your family like your mom, dad, grandparents, etc. not a soap opera actress. I am sure that a lot of her castmates love her, but for every fan that likes her, there are just as many that don't like her.
Like the possession storyline was her fault,um no, and Dee happens to be the only person in the entertainment world I idolize and its a free country I will idolize whoever I darn well choose.
:wow:

Pretty In Pink

hoochielicious

I am glad that they took your suggestion and edited it, however I won't be wasting my time watching the second part. The first one was bad enough.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply