Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: John Callahan discusses Days, his storyline; Article Summary
Topic Started: Dec 10 2008, 12:31 PM (913 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

In the new SOD, John Callahan discusses both his storyline and his experience so far on Days.

First, the story is discussed. Dr. Baker "takes a turn to the dark side" as he blackmails Nicole. Nicole asks him to lie to EJ and tell him that she is still pregnant. Dr. Baker discovers that EJ is wealthy, and he asks Nicole for $750,000 to keep quiet. However, John Callahan explains that Nicole really blackmailed Dr. Baker first, since she threatened to expose things from his past. Callahan is not sure if it's going to be "straight blackmail" or something more nuanced, but he says the writers are all talented and that he thinks "it's going to be one of the more active and fun and devious" stories on the show.

Callahan says he took the job "sight unseen", but he says that in this economy, "you find a job, you take the job", and he has worked with Gary Tomlin in previous shows. He says that since Days shoots on the same lot that Santa Barbara did, he feels like it's a "20-year high school reunion" when he looks around and sees familiar faces.

However, Callahan joined the show around the time Drake Hogestyn and Deidre Hall were fired, and he says he had been looking forward to "hanging out with my good buddy Drake", and that he and Drake used to play charity softball games together. Callahan says it was hard for him to greet Drake under these circumstances the first time he saw him on set, but "there's highs and lows" and he understands that this is a business.

When asked how long his stay in Salem will be, Callahan says that it's not good to plan too far in advance, but "It's more of a hired gun than necessarily the sheriff and we'll see how many bullets I got."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

Ellie
Dec 10 2008, 12:31 PM
Callahan is not sure if it's going to be "straight blackmail" or something more nuanced, but he says the writers are all talented and that he thinks "it's going to be one of the more active and fun and devious" stories on the show.

LMAO!!!

Deidrefan28

peaches179
Dec 10 2008, 12:58 PM
Ellie
Callahan is not sure if it's going to be "straight blackmail" or something more nuanced, but he says the writers are all talented and that he thinks "it's going to be one of the more active and fun and devious" stories on the show.

LMAO!!!
Talented writers? What show is he talking about???? Because it certainly isn't Days. There's not a talented writer over there!

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Talented? What a liberal use of the word. Don't know whether to laugh or cry at this article lol....DOOLS... what a MESS!

Ellie

^^ To clarify, it's hard to understand what he meant (all of his quotes were sort of hard to dissect), but he said he recognizes some of the writers' names from "previous shows" and that "they're all talented". Maybe he's just talking about whatever names he recognized?

Jason47
Member Avatar

Based on John Callahan's placement in the credits the past two weeks, it looks like he may be on contract. Haven't said anything at my site yet since it's just a rumor for now. No long-time guests have been on the past two weeks to go before Callahan (such as John Aniston, Bill & Susan Hayes, etc...), but even guest stars are usually listed in the order they joined. Last week, Callahan's name was before Diane Delano (Hilda) who debuted a month before him. And now this week, more telling, his name was before Roscoe Born (Trent, making his first appearance since going off contract). Roscoe definitely should have been before John Callahan, but John was first. We'll find out for sure in the next week or so, when everyone is on for the holidays.

Mason
Member Avatar

I swear to God, if Corday fired Deidre Hall for budgetary reasons, and then put John Callahan on contract...
Edited by Mason, Dec 10 2008, 04:15 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^That can't be why. If anything, I can see Dr. Taylor taking Marlena's place. I've noticed how they have her seemingly taking on her role. She's forced her way into the hospital right next to her office. They are sharing a reception area. It almost seems like forcing one out to put the new, cheaper version in there. Not saying I'm right but I've seem little hints of this. It reminds me (and I mention this because it came off in conversation last week in another thread) of Home Improvement when JTT left., He came back for the Christmas episode for a cameo and the whole episode was nothing but a jab at him. Everyone had moved on, characters were ignoring him, and it just reeked of "your leaving, life goes on." I just get this sense from what I've been seeing.

In terms of Callahan, I think he is just recurring or maybe short-term at most. Nothing that has happened has suggested otherwise IMO.

hops
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 14 2008, 01:26 PM
^That can't be why. If anything, I can see Dr. Taylor taking Marlena's place. I've noticed how they have her seemingly taking on her role. She's forced her way into the hospital right next to her office. They are sharing a reception area. It almost seems like forcing one out to put the new, cheaper version in there. Not saying I'm right but I've seem little hints of this. It reminds me (and I mention this because it came off in conversation last week in another thread) of Home Improvement when JTT left., He came back for the Christmas episode for a cameo and the whole episode was nothing but a jab at him. Everyone had moved on, characters were ignoring him, and it just reeked of "your leaving, life goes on." I just get this sense from what I've been seeing.

In terms of Callahan, I think he is just recurring or maybe short-term at most. Nothing that has happened has suggested otherwise IMO.
Oh, they are totally slipping Dr. Taylor in as as substitute for Marlena. It's so glaring, it's ridiculous. They are writing her more 'Marlena like' then the real Marlena. Whatever. All it does is irritate me more then I already am.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Deidrefan28
Dec 10 2008, 01:46 PM
peaches179
Dec 10 2008, 12:58 PM
Ellie

LMAO!!!
Talented writers? What show is he talking about???? Because it certainly isn't Days. There's not a talented writer over there!
You think the guy is going to publicly bash the writers? he even admitted he took the job sight unseen because of the economy. He's not going to bite the hand that feeds him now.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply