Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Rafe: Sami's new love?
Topic Started: Dec 10 2008, 01:12 PM (7,540 Views)
Jonatha

Please link to DR:

Sami and Rafe grow closer this week as she tends to his knife wound and he takes care of her after she falls possibly putting her pregnancy in danger.

"They have this changed relationship and are starting to appreciate each other," says Galen Gering (Rafe.)

Rafe returns to the safe house after his encounter with the killer and Sami wants to call the police. But Rafe does not allow her to use the phone for security reasons. He also thinks there could be a leak in the FBI thinking someone might be giving information to the killer.

In order to prepare to have his stab wound stitched up by Sami, Rafe gets himself drunk. While intoxicated he starts to ramble and blurt out how he feels about Sami getting herself involved with someone like EJ who doesn't deserve her. Sami is shocked Rafe is so into her personal business.

The next morning Rafe wakes up to find Sami watching him. She tells him about the things he said to her the night before. "Rafe feels like an idiot and apologizes," Gering says adding, "He said those things to her only because he does care about Sami - maybe more than he should."

Sami is touched by his words but is worried his identity has been compromised. Rafe asks her if she wants a new guard and Sami begs him not to leave. "Even though Rafe's concerned about being injured and not being able to protect Sami as well as he should, he agrees to stay."

Rafe calls Hilda and offers to take her Christmas shift guarding Sami. Sami overhears and is happy but her happiness is interrupted when she accidentally slips and falls. Rafe rushes to her and carries her to the couch. He calls a doctor and answers the doctor's questions about Sami's condition. The doctor tells Rafe everything is okay and the baby will be fine.

But Sami's fall prompts Rafe to reconsider resigning from his bodyguard post. "It's a realization that not only is he taking care of Sami, but also this unborn child," Gering shares. And he's also worried that his own injury could jeopardize his job of caring for Sami as well. "He's more of a liability than an asset."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

New love? New victim is more like it.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 10 2008, 01:20 PM
New love? New victim is more like it.
:lol:

ginababe
BANNED

this story is so silly, and the big reason why they are both having these "feelings" (if you want to call it that) is because they are two people in such close proximity of the other.. of course they start to have "feelings". But IMO, it's just that and nothing more.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting

Can you say predictable ....

Red Mist
Member Avatar

*Rolls eyes* Oh WOW....I so did not see this coming....*Snarks*Gee, who would have thought things would go there? lol Higley is such a sucky writer....Thanks Jonny.

Nicole Walker

LMAO. I'm shocked. LOL.

maral

i WANT my lumi! STOP this madness.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Jesus Christ.

Dena is starting to set up new triangles before she even finishes the current ones. :drunk:

Thanks for posting Jonatha. :)

ginababe
BANNED

is it me or are EJ and Sami turning into the Sonny and Carly of DAYS??? Every triangle revolves around them!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I saw a little bit of chemistry between them on yesterday's show, but this storyline still sucks!

Thanks Jonny!

cjknick
Member Avatar

This kind of predictable storyline is such a waste of money and of time. They could have spent the time on more of the Marlena and John storyline or God forbid give Steve and Kayla some screen time or perhaps Tony and Anna - now instead we get more of Sami with a new set and new duet acting partner and with extra's to support her. For what???? What will this show have gained by this s/l the addition of the Passion actors has not added viewers or raised the ratings any!

Deleted User
Deleted User

ginababe
Dec 10 2008, 01:32 PM
this story is so silly, and the big reason why they are both having these "feelings" (if you want to call it that) is because they are two people in such close proximity of the other.. of course they start to have "feelings". But IMO, it's just that and nothing more.
Well the same could be said of the time she lived with EJ..
Sami totally despised EJ and was forced to play house with him..This put her in a position of having to play nice and for the sake of the children they created a type of bond ..Many Ejami fans then decided that EJ's obsession with Sami was a prelude to love .. But even though I believe she softened towards him, I believe Sami has no real feelings of love for EJ, and whatever she does feel, she will not recognise it as love.
Sami has always been possesive, and selfish.. And even though she loaths EJ I can see her working to ensure he is never happy with anyone, especially after all he has taken from her.
Quote Post Goto Top

FanODays

Everytime I read about this pairing I can't help but think of Roman and Marlena back during the Salem Slasher storyline when he slept on her floor in order to protect her and that was part of him falling in love with her. This with Rafe (regardless of how fine GG is) is nothing but a cheap immitation.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Oh brother.
I think a problem for me regarding this pairing is that I know that GG and AS are friends, and I really haven't seen a romantic chemistry on screen yet other than platonic.
However, all Sami has done with him is lie and bitch, so I have no clue how he is falling for her...although if that kind of bitchitude turns him on, he should have the hots for Sami.
Poor guy!
This has got to be a first where a soap star has two guys in love with her (Lucas and EJ) and she gets a new love interest while pregnant with another man's kid. Talk about pull at the studio.

Thanks for sharing, Jonny.

aimees76
Member Avatar

WTF?

What a load of preposterous bullshit.
Cut the crap and just gimme my Lumi back! *stomps feet* :frustration:
Edited by aimees76, Dec 10 2008, 03:41 PM.

lucaluca

Alligato
Dec 10 2008, 03:04 PM
Oh brother.
I think a problem for me regarding this pairing is that I know that GG and AS are friends, and I really haven't seen a romantic chemistry on screen yet other than platonic.
However, all Sami has done with him is lie and bitch, so I have no clue how he is falling for her...although if that kind of bitchitude turns him on, he should have the hots for Sami.
Poor guy!
This has got to be a first where a soap star has two guys in love with her (Lucas and EJ) and she gets a new love interest while pregnant with another man's kid. Talk about pull at the studio.

Thanks for sharing, Jonny.
If this is the result of 'pull' at the studio, why did this star also receive the same huge pay cut as Bope? I don't see her having much pull at all if she's also being told along with everyone else that she's just another spoke in the wheel that can be replaced, or whatever BS it was that Ken C. said after he fired the DHs.

Alligato
Member Avatar

^ I haven't read AS took a pay cute as much as Bope? And if she did, why not? It isn't like she doesn't have another million dollar paycheck lined up.

I also think that if Dee or Drake were hosting on another show on the network, they wouldn't have been canned. AS may annoy the shit out of me, but she has been business saavy when it comes to sticking around and promoting herself. Good for her!

maral

aimees76
Dec 10 2008, 03:40 PM
WTF?

What a load of preposterous bullshit.
Cut the crap and just gimme my Lumi back! *stomps feet* :frustration:
EXACTLY!
we lumis are being treated badly first thisz nonesense with ej then lucas and chloe and sami loosing her brain wanting her rapis. now this? :soapbox:
enough allready!

cjknick
Member Avatar

If Rafe is Sami's new love how boring would that be? ... it will be short lived! I'm not feeling the chemistry between these two at all .... and if they think they are going to be putting Nicole with Brady ... good luck with that I'm not feeling the chemstry there either! The Passion boys are failing the chemistry test so far! Infact Dena has the couple so wrong right now that there isn't any chemistry at all on the Days set!
Edited by cjknick, Dec 10 2008, 04:20 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply