Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Rafe: Sami's new love?
Topic Started: Dec 10 2008, 01:12 PM (7,273 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

cjknick
Dec 11 2008, 11:14 PM
Taelyn
Dec 11 2008, 09:40 PM
ginababe
Dec 10 2008, 10:04 PM
Taelyn
Dec 10 2008, 02:30 PM
ginababe
Dec 10 2008, 01:32 PM
this story is so silly, and the big reason why they are both having these "feelings" (if you want to call it that) is because they are two people in such close proximity of the other.. of course they start to have "feelings". But IMO, it's just that and nothing more.
Well the same could be said of the time she lived with EJ..
Sami totally despised EJ and was forced to play house with him..This put her in a position of having to play nice and for the sake of the children they created a type of bond ..Many Ejami fans then decided that EJ's obsession with Sami was a prelude to love .. But even though I believe she softened towards him, I believe Sami has no real feelings of love for EJ, and whatever she does feel, she will not recognise it as love.
Sami has always been possesive, and selfish.. And even though she loaths EJ I can see her working to ensure he is never happy with anyone, especially after all he has taken from her.
I get that you like Safe and hate EJami... That's great, but you know what would be refreshing? That if for once, the current guy playing opposite Sami didn't fall for her and visa versa.. Now THAT would be refreshing!
.. See ..
I dont "Hate" Ejami.. I just dont see what isnt there. Its never been there, and all the wishful thinking and rose colored glasses wont create it.

I Like James Scott.. But unlike many I see him for what he is. I was watching this show when he committed crime after crime, after crime..
Not even counting the Dec incident.
I like Stephano alot, but I like him for what he is, or was, or is suppossed to be.. I hate him as currently written.. Now he is little more then a designated babysitter..Where is the Phoenix Ive come to hate and love, Devious and dangerous and full of surprises ?? They have destroyed him. But I would never simply forget all that he has done and decide he is now a "Good Guy"
And I hate James Scott as this supposed "Violence hating, sweater wearing lawyer wimp" I mean who is he ??
He is NOT the dashing and devious EJ Wells that arrived in Salem.. And his british accent and towel wearing skills are not enough to make me forget everything he has done, His history is part of Days history..(Even if Dena Hackley chooses to rewrite or ignore history)
And too bad, cuz much of it I loved and found very exciting and even sexy in a dangerus sort of way.

But Sami has always despised him.. After she was "Forced" to live with him she still barely tolerated him with the exception of *1* night.. and that only lasted 5 minutes until Lucas appeared.

I ~GET~ that Ejami's love James Scott and that in their eyes he can do no wrong, and that the past does not exist because they dont want it to.. And that they somehow see this amazing ""Love"".. A love I might add that exists only in their dreams because Sami has NEVER admitted to such an emotion. I understand that because they see him him as some handsome romantic God..( something considering his past I frankly dont get) that in their minds any woman would have no choice but to love EJ especially since he looks so good in a towel..(I cant tell you how tired I am of hearing this) They use very weak examples based solely on opinion to prove her love, yet when confronted with logic or proof disputing their opinions or examples Its discounted and or ignored as irrelevant..And state simply that they KNOW Sami Loves him despite the fact that its never been uttered and no proof exists beyond speculation ignoring that she has denied it repeatedly..
They know it because .. well they know it.. they see it because .. they see it, therefore its fact...even though its really only wishful thinking or personal opinion.
Nicoles lie is unforgivable, and she is the Devil for decieving him even though her deception is based on love and fear.. But..
Sami's Lie will be forgiven and they will live happy ever after because of this supposed great love..
Because somehow her lie is what ?? less of a lie ?? .. Sorry I just dont see it that way at all.
Basically for some it does not matter what is true, or what Sami wants or feels, Or what other people see, or differing opinions .. all that matters is THEY want her to love him, therefore she MUST and DOES love him.

I will be fine regardless of what happens.. Im not really THAT invested in Sami or who she ends up with, What really bothers me most is the blinders that some Ejami's have on.. and the total disregard for History and truth.
I simply find the Rafe/Sami couple a refreshing change, They have chemistry and no negative baggage to prevent a future.. and a good solution to the fan wars.
I respect your opinion and you seem really passionate about it - I can't speak for everyone else just myself but soaps don't represent reality they are only entertainment for me. They are only characters to me and are subject to the whims of the writers. Characters change, storylines change - history to me is not as important as weaving a good story.

I understand that opinions defer and that's ok - I don't think there are wrong opinions just different ones. You may not beable to see why there is support for Ejami and those who support Ejami may not be able to see why there is support for lumi and so on and so forth. I personally can't see why those who hate EJAMI like EJOLE - apparently they see EJ as a rapist and even though they think this they think it's ok for EJ to have a relationship with Nicole....to me that makes little sense but that just me...

We don't know where the writer's will go with any of these relationship - my hope is that they tell the best story they can. But if you don't like it you don't have to watch.
Well I wont be watching after My couple leaves the show come next January.
But thats not the point.
Ive been watching this show over 30 years.. Yes, History and Character is important. Yes Im passionate about something that has been a part of most of my life.
The success of DOOL was always based more on those aspects in the past then simple scripts and script if it was worthwhile led to history. History and character develpment is what makes us bond, get involved and be anxious for it the next day.. The recent deviation from that history and character is why this show is falling apart.
You cant change who everyone is , and get rid of the rest and then expect that ro be ok ... yess its ok to change , and grow, and even grow apart.. but romance needs to be built-up, stories need substance, and characters need a past.

Truly I dont have a problem with those who support or like Ejami.. Its the lack of ability to see or connect with his history.. Some cloak him in a romantic cloak, others in a sweet charming cloak.. A few even appreciate his darker past. evryone likes diffrent couples.. thats never been a problem.. I only dont understand the double standards, and the tunnel vision .. and the very forthright refusual to believe anything that might not mesh with their plans..Even when facts dont support them.

Everyone will just have to wait and see what comes..
I understand those Ejami's that accept EJ's past and dont ignore it and like him anyway.. thats undertandable
Its the denials and 180's that confuse me.. But as I said ,, we will see what happens, And try to enjoy the crumbs thrown our way.
Quote Post Goto Top

shiningstar

Say it all together now folks "Safe with Rafe." I am tired of hearing about there bonding (buy some freaking crazy glue already and spare us the torture) and then watching/hearing there childish bickering. This story is beyond ridiculous. I agree gina, it would be nice to see Sami opposite a male and not have him falling at her feet (and I actually like Sami). Just another reason why DOOL is unwatchable.
Edited by shiningstar, Dec 12 2008, 05:51 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Dec 12 2008, 03:48 AM
cjknick
Taelyn
ginababe
Taelyn
ginababe
this story is so silly, and the big reason why they are both having these "feelings" (if you want to call it that) is because they are two people in such close proximity of the other.. of course they start to have "feelings". But IMO, it's just that and nothing more.
Sami totally despised EJ and was forced to play house with him..This put her in a position of having to play nice and for the sake of the children they created a type of bond ..Many Ejami fans then decided that EJ's obsession with Sami was a prelude to love .. But even though I believe she softened towards him, I believe Sami has no real feelings of love for EJ, and whatever she does feel, she will not recognise it as love.
Sami has always been possesive, and selfish.. And even though she loaths EJ I can see her working to ensure he is never happy with anyone, especially after all he has taken from her.
I get that you like Safe and hate EJami... That's great, but you know what would be refreshing? That if for once, the current guy playing opposite Sami didn't fall for her and visa versa.. Now THAT would be refreshing!
.. See ..
I dont "Hate" Ejami.. I just dont see what isnt there. Its never been there, and all the wishful thinking and rose colored glasses wont create it.

I Like James Scott.. But unlike many I see him for what he is. I was watching this show when he committed crime after crime, after crime..
I like Stephano alot, but I like him for what he is, or was, or is suppossed to be.. I hate him as currently written.. Now he is little more then a designated babysitter..Where is the Phoenix Ive come to hate and love, Devious and dangerous and full of surprises ?? They have destroyed him. But I would never simply forget all that he has done and decide he is now a "Good Guy"
And I hate James Scott as this supposed "Violence hating, sweater wearing lawyer wimp" I mean who is he ??
He is NOT the dashing and devious EJ Wells that arrived in Salem.. And his british accent and towel wearing skills are not enough to make me forget everything he has done, His history is part of Days history..(Even if Dena Hackley chooses to rewrite or ignore history)
And too bad, cuz much of it I loved and found very exciting and even sexy in a dangerus sort of way.

But Sami has always despised him.. After she was "Forced" to live with him she still barely tolerated him with the exception of *1* night.. and that only lasted 5 minutes until Lucas appeared.

I ~GET~ that Ejami's love James Scott and that in their eyes he can do no wrong, and that the past does not exist because they dont want it to.. And that they somehow see this amazing ""Love"".. A love I might add that exists only in their dreams because Sami has NEVER admitted to such an emotion. I understand that because they see him him as some handsome romantic God..( something considering his past I frankly dont get) that in their minds any woman would have no choice but to love EJ especially since he looks so good in a towel..(I cant tell you how tired I am of hearing this) They use very weak examples based solely on opinion to prove her love, yet when confronted with logic or proof disputing their opinions or examples Its discounted and or ignored as irrelevant..And state simply that they KNOW Sami Loves him despite the fact that its never been uttered and no proof exists beyond speculation ignoring that she has denied it repeatedly..
They know it because .. well they know it.. they see it because .. they see it, therefore its fact...even though its really only wishful thinking or personal opinion.
Nicoles lie is unforgivable, and she is the Devil for decieving him even though her deception is based on love and fear.. But..
Sami's Lie will be forgiven and they will live happy ever after because of this supposed great love..
Because somehow her lie is what ?? less of a lie ?? .. Sorry I just dont see it that way at all.
Basically for some it does not matter what is true, or what Sami wants or feels, Or what other people see, or differing opinions .. all that matters is THEY want her to love him, therefore she MUST and DOES love him.

I will be fine regardless of what happens.. Im not really THAT invested in Sami or who she ends up with, What really bothers me most is the blinders that some Ejami's have on.. and the total disregard for History and truth.
I simply find the Rafe/Sami couple a refreshing change, They have chemistry and no negative baggage to prevent a future.. and a good solution to the fan wars.
I respect your opinion and you seem really passionate about it - I can't speak for everyone else just myself but soaps don't represent reality they are only entertainment for me. They are only characters to me and are subject to the whims of the writers. Characters change, storylines change - history to me is not as important as weaving a good story.

I understand that opinions defer and that's ok - I don't think there are wrong opinions just different ones. You may not beable to see why there is support for Ejami and those who support Ejami may not be able to see why there is support for lumi and so on and so forth. I personally can't see why those who hate EJAMI like EJOLE - apparently they see EJ as a rapist and even though they think this they think it's ok for EJ to have a relationship with Nicole....to me that makes little sense but that just me...

We don't know where the writer's will go with any of these relationship - my hope is that they tell the best story they can. But if you don't like it you don't have to watch.
Well I wont be watching after My couple leaves the show come next January.
But thats not the point.
Ive been watching this show over 30 years.. Yes, History and Character is important. Yes Im passionate about something that has been a part of most of my life.
The success of DOOL was always based more on those aspects in the past then simple scripts and script if it was worthwhile led to history. History and character develpment is what makes us bond, get involved and be anxious for it the next day.. The recent deviation from that history and character is why this show is falling apart.
You cant change who everyone is , and get rid of the rest and then expect that ro be ok ... yess its ok to change , and grow, and even grow apart.. but romance needs to be built-up, stories need substance, and characters need a past.

Truly I dont have a problem with those who support or like Ejami.. Its the lack of ability to see or connect with his history.. Some cloak him in a romantic cloak, others in a sweet charming cloak.. A few even appreciate his darker past. evryone likes diffrent couples.. thats never been a problem.. I only dont understand the double standards, and the tunnel vision .. and the very forthright refusual to believe anything that might not mesh with their plans..Even when facts dont support them.

Everyone will just have to wait and see what comes..
I understand those Ejami's that accept EJ's past and dont ignore it and like him anyway.. thats undertandable
Its the denials and 180's that confuse me.. But as I said ,, we will see what happens, And try to enjoy the crumbs thrown our way.
IMO the history argument may not apply to EJ as much as it may apply to a character who has alot of history. EJ for one thing should only be 12 years old secondly EJ has only been an adult character on this show for only 2-1/2 years his history has only been defined mostly by bad plot ploys and when they try to develop layers in his character - there are those who think they can't that EJ has to be defined by the plot ploys and nothing else. I would rather characters to be developed with layers where they surprise you. Lets face it most of the characters have wicked past and yet they aren't put in the plot ploy box that many insist that EJ remain. What about Nicole she did horrible things and yet people are rather accepting of her new direction. Hell she's even BFF with Chloe and Brady now. Just look at Sami she has done so many terrible things and done them to her own family and yet she isn't being treated as an outcast any longer. Sami and Lucas who have had more of a hate relationship than a love relationship have a fanbase that supports this couple. Chelsea who was a very bad character a few years back - forgiven and accepted. Tony, Victor, Kate, Phillip all have had shady past and now apparently are acceptable ... So some fans like EJ despite what his short history has shown us he is still developing and I hope his character has more surprises to show us.

I have a tendency to like and be interested in the character who are layered and unpredictable and I am less impressed by those characters who hold strictly to history and are so defined that they can't escape the box that some viewers say they must stay. I want the writer's to surprise me not bore me to death!

The other thing that is important to note is that the actor's are not the characters James Scott is the actor - EJ is the character. You can like the actor and his ability to portray a character but not like the character.

As far as you assertion that the show is falling apart because of it's devation from history - I think that history aspect is a double edge sword .... Writer's have said it's hard to write for Days because for one it's the super couple soap and fans don't want their supercouple broken up so it limits them as far as original storylines. They also said that the history aspect of soaps also gets in the way of telling the story too. So you may be satisfying some viewers but turning off other's. It's a Catch 22 for Days. Days is falling apart because of many reasons - soaps are dying in general, Days is a stand alone soap now with no sister soaps on NBC so block viewing is out. It has a large cast with many of the cast member being Vets and they are expensive. NBC does very little to support Days because it would rather have that time slot for a less expensive show - talk shows cost way less to produce. Women are working outside the home and they can catch Days on Soapnet now. Spoilers and the fact that you can catch the show on youtube before it airs in the US contributes to lower ratings and it's commercial free. There are more choices with cable - those who do watch daytime have more options and may not want to vest their time in daytime serial drama's. So to place the blame on devation from history for the down fall of Days is rather simplistic. Days may I remind you was the only soap that did not lose viewers this year! Plus it has maintained a solid position in the demographics that advertiser like ...
Edited by cjknick, Dec 12 2008, 09:44 AM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Then why all of the EJ hate?
Currently, EJ is being written as all kinds of unpredictable with many layers...some not so appealing, but still.
People seem to want EJ in his little evil EJ box, but that is probably because he was more interesting that way...or because they don't want to root for the bad guy. But he didn't win that way. In fact, it got kind of cartoonish with all the surprises.

I am enjoying him right now because after the chaos and craziness of the past two years, he is finally getting something new, looking happy again, falling in love, almost reminding me of 2006...just with a different girl. Layers.
I don't want him to be too unpredictable, too bad that when he finds out Nicole is lying, he rapes her or tries to kill her.

But then again, all this talk about him turning to the "dark side" has me slightly excited, but not really because Sami reallly won't want him then. Nicole might though. I don't think there is much he can do to her that she hasn't done to him. It might be kind of exciting.

Interesting reads in this thread.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

cjknick
Taelyn
ginababe
Taelyn
ginababe
.. See ..

I'd like to answer your question of why those of us who hate EJami, enjoy EJole... at least from my perspective.

EJ did all of those heinous acts TO Sami. EJ isn't a serial rapist (so far as we know anyway hehe), but he DID rape Sami. I don't think I need to go down the extremely long list of all the really shitty things that EJ has done to Sami and to her loved ones.

EJ hasn't done anything to Nicole like what he's done to Sami. EJ was obsessed with Sami, which is what led him to do all of those horrible things. EJ loves Nicole, has a loving mature relationship with someone that loves him, and just him, back. EJ hasn't raped Nicole, or terrorized her, or threatened her and her family members. There are SO many differences between these two couples.

Personally, I can not, will not, ever be able to support a couple where the man has done such dispicable things to a woman. To me, it makes zero sense that a woman could actually fall in love with the man that raped her, black mailed her, threatened members of her family, ruined her real marriage, intentionally put her children in harm's way (all three of them), basically forced her to change her entire life in ways that she did not want to, all based on lies and deceipt and threats.

That is how it is easy for many viewers to hate EJami, but love EJole. EJ has changed, and he was able to make those changes due to his relationship with Nicole.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather watch a couple where the man is loving and warm and tender with the woman, not one where the relationship is built around rape and attempted murder, lies and deceipt, black mail and threats. To me that is what is non-sensical. I know for myself, every time I see EJ and Sami in a scene together what comes to my mind is... he raped her, she shouldn't want to be with him. He put her unborn twins intentionally in harms way, she shouldn't want to be with him. He terrorized her for years, she shouldn't want to be with him. Etc, etc, etc.

Yes they are only characters, but that doesn't mean that just because the writers try to take them in a certain direction, that you have to agree, or follow, or that it makes any kind of sense. For me, I have to be able to connect with the couple on some level, and with EJami... I can't. Not on any level.

If EJ changes tomorrow and starts to treat Nicole as horridly as he did Sami, I wouldn't want Nicole to be with EJ either.

It's all about how EJ has treated each woman. Sami is EJ's victim. Nicole is EJ's love.

Hope that helps and makes some sense. It's early for me, I haven't had my caffeine yet. :tounge:

cjknick
Member Avatar

mesagirl
Dec 12 2008, 11:09 AM
cjknick
Taelyn
ginababe
Taelyn
ginababe
.. See ..

I'd like to answer your question of why those of us who hate EJami, enjoy EJole... at least from my perspective.

EJ did all of those heinous acts TO Sami. EJ isn't a serial rapist (so far as we know anyway hehe), but he DID rape Sami. I don't think I need to go down the extremely long list of all the really shitty things that EJ has done to Sami and to her loved ones.

EJ hasn't done anything to Nicole like what he's done to Sami. EJ was obsessed with Sami, which is what led him to do all of those horrible things. EJ loves Nicole, has a loving mature relationship with someone that loves him, and just him, back. EJ hasn't raped Nicole, or terrorized her, or threatened her and her family members. There are SO many differences between these two couples.

Personally, I can not, will not, ever be able to support a couple where the man has done such dispicable things to a woman. To me, it makes zero sense that a woman could actually fall in love with the man that raped her, black mailed her, threatened members of her family, ruined her real marriage, intentionally put her children in harm's way (all three of them), basically forced her to change her entire life in ways that she did not want to, all based on lies and deceipt and threats.

That is how it is easy for many viewers to hate EJami, but love EJole. EJ has changed, and he was able to make those changes due to his relationship with Nicole.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather watch a couple where the man is loving and warm and tender with the woman, not one where the relationship is built around rape and attempted murder, lies and deceipt, black mail and threats. To me that is what is non-sensical. I know for myself, every time I see EJ and Sami in a scene together what comes to my mind is... he raped her, she shouldn't want to be with him. He put her unborn twins intentionally in harms way, she shouldn't want to be with him. He terrorized her for years, she shouldn't want to be with him. Etc, etc, etc.

Yes they are only characters, but that doesn't mean that just because the writers try to take them in a certain direction, that you have to agree, or follow, or that it makes any kind of sense. For me, I have to be able to connect with the couple on some level, and with EJami... I can't. Not on any level.

If EJ changes tomorrow and starts to treat Nicole as horridly as he did Sami, I wouldn't want Nicole to be with EJ either.

It's all about how EJ has treated each woman. Sami is EJ's victim. Nicole is EJ's love.

Hope that helps and makes some sense. It's early for me, I haven't had my caffeine yet. :tounge:
I think viewers make excuses for character they like and give them a pass so speak - Some say EJ can't be with Sami because he terrorized her and they are the same people that who like Lumi together but they give them a pass for all the horrible things they did to each other over the years. Lucas and Sami did horrible horrible things to each other but some viewers are still ok with that pairing. They don't like EJAMI but they accept Lumi .... makes no sense to me except for the fact that they will make excuses for the characters and couples they like and won't accept couples they don't. If EJ is a rapist should he be supported in any relationship???? If Sami is a rapist should she be supported in any relationship????? EJ is an attempted murderer but so is Nicole so is Lucas. Sami as Stan did so many horrible things .... nobody can cast a stone in Salem ....

aimees76
Member Avatar

mesagirl
cjknick
Taelyn
ginababe
Taelyn
ginababe
.. See ..

:hail: :hail: :hail:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i like ejole because i love ej and like nicole and freaking hate sami. i supported ejami until she started treating ej like crap. the end of that relationship for me was when she left his bed to run after lucas.

so no, i'm not a lumi apologist, i just hate sami and i want ej to be with someone that truly wants to be with him, not someone who clearly doesn't. the ejami fanbase can tells me sami loves ej until the proverbial cows come home, but i won't believe it until i see her start acting like it, period.

so to answer the question, i don't have a vested interest in seeing sami get away from ej, i have a vested interest in seeing him get the hell away from her and her toxic personality.

Alligato
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Dec 12 2008, 01:57 PM
i like ejole because i love ej and like nicole and freaking hate sami. i supported ejami until she started treating ej like crap. the end of that relationship for me was when she left his bed to run after lucas.

Amen, luv!

I was the biggest EJami until I just couldn't see any semblance of a relationship. I thought we had something with the May lovemaking, but when she jumped out of bed right after bliss, it was over. THAT is not the making of a lovestory/supercouple/any kind of relationship.
I gave up on EJami. It is not a story that works. Sami doesn't love him.

I support EJ and Nicole because it is a relationship. Both members are happy and want to be a part of it...and they are having some great turbulence.

I was never a big Lumi either. Admittedly, they had a nice happy relationship for for a short stint (until EJ fucked it up...or should I say Sami did with her lies) and even when Lucas forgave her and they were forced to divorce, I always felt like Lucas was settling. They got together waay too soon after Carrie dumped him.

Lucas wanting Sami is like Sami wanting EJ...both of them just want what someone else has...its not so much about the person, but that they want to win over someone else.

Must be a reeaallyy slow week when it comes to spoilers...is there nothing new to chat about????

mesagirl
Member Avatar

cjknick
Dec 12 2008, 11:35 AM
mesagirl
cjknick
Taelyn
ginababe
Taelyn
ginababe
.. See ..

I think viewers make excuses for character they like and give them a pass so speak - Some say EJ can't be with Sami because he terrorized her and they are the same people that who like Lumi together but they give them a pass for all the horrible things they did to each other over the years. Lucas and Sami did horrible horrible things to each other but some viewers are still ok with that pairing. They don't like EJAMI but they accept Lumi .... makes no sense to me except for the fact that they will make excuses for the characters and couples they like and won't accept couples they don't. If EJ is a rapist should he be supported in any relationship???? If Sami is a rapist should she be supported in any relationship????? EJ is an attempted murderer but so is Nicole so is Lucas. Sami as Stan did so many horrible things .... nobody can cast a stone in Salem ....
Well their are major differences between Lumi and EJami as well.

Lucas never set out to destroy the entire Brady clan (unlike EJ). And let's be fair, Sami gave back as good as she got, and then some. You even said that they did things to each other. I never viewed Sami as Lucas' victim. They hated each other, did stupid things to each other, it was very much tit for tat between the two of them. Lucas also was not the "mastermind" behind major things, it was always Kate. Kate is the one that set up Sami to take the fall for Franco. And Lucas did not murder Franco, it was in self-defense or Franco would have killed Kate. Lucas was not doing something evil. Kate was also the mastermind behind the Will falling off the cliff stuff. So what is Lucas guilty of exactly? IMO immaturity, and being a really whipped momma's boy. Lucas and Sami took YEARS to finally get to a place where they found love and respect for one another. Yes Lucas yells at Sami... so what? Can we really name a time where Lucas yelled at Sami that she didn't deserve to be yelled at? :tounge:

Now let's look at EJami... EJ did do somethings based on being a puppet for Stefano. But Stefano never told EJ to rape Sami, or lock Lucas in a freezer truck to die. Stefano was not the mastermind behind EJ setting up that elaborate scheme with Celeste, to create his own fake death at Sami's hands. Terrorizing her with his "ghost" - all EJ. Putting Sami's life and those of her unborn children in jeapordy purposefully while she was in the hospital - all EJ. EJ did many of the heinous acts that he did to Sami all on his own. Sami has always been EJ's victim. There was no tit for tat between them. The only thing Sami wanted was to not have EJ in her life. And then the problem was that after watching Sami hate on EJ for 2+ years, watching all the shit that EJ did to Sami and her children, and her family, we are supposed to accept a sudden 180 from Sami and she now supposedly loves the man that did all of those things to her? Sorry, but I just don't buy it.

I'd rather be yelled at because I did something stupid, than be terrorized, raped and then terrorized some more for no other reason than for not loving someone.

Sure Lucas has done some nasty stuff, but EJ's done more, a lot more, in a much wider scope, and in a much quicker time span.

Certainly we give our favs these "passes", however, EJ ran out of my passes a long time ago when it comes to Sami.

I want to also quickly add that I am not a Lumi fan at this point. The second Sami slept with EJ willingly, I have felt that Sami no longer deserves to be with Lucas. It's funny how that moment ruined things for fans of both couples. Lumi's are sick that Sami actually slept with EJ, and EJami's are sick that Sami jumped out of the bed immediately after Lucas came home. That episode was the point where my hatred for Sami began as well.

I think there is a difference between good drama and having to watch unhealthy couplings being forced on us. EJami was both unhealthy and forced. Although Lucas and Chloe are an odd pairing, I am happy to see Lucas out of Sami's orbit. EJ is happy with Nicole (for the time being anyway heh), and Sami is well on her way to a romance with Rafe. I really think that was the best option for the writers to choose. I just hope they continue on this path.

I just keep thinking back to the epi early this week with Nicole and Chloe. They were sitting at the Cheating Heart and were commenting on how wonderful it was to not have Sami around. I've been feeling the same way. ;)
Edited by mesagirl, Dec 12 2008, 02:48 PM.

cjknick
Member Avatar

It appears that a lot of viewers feel that LUMI is over! On this board and others.

willa13th

mesagirl
cjknick
Taelyn
ginababe
Taelyn
ginababe
.. See ..

Nicole is more like an ej's lust, substitute n a pathetic rebound to me. :laugh:

Mason

Rebound from what? E.J. and Sami never even had a relationship! LoL!

willa13th

mesagirl
Dec 12 2008, 02:34 PM
cjknick
Dec 12 2008, 11:35 AM
mesagirl
cjknick
Taelyn
ginababe
Taelyn
ginababe
.. See ..

Well their are major differences between Lumi and EJami as well.

Lucas never set out to destroy the entire Brady clan (unlike EJ). And let's be fair, Sami gave back as good as she got, and then some. You even said that they did things to each other. I never viewed Sami as Lucas' victim. They hated each other, did stupid things to each other, it was very much tit for tat between the two of them. Lucas also was not the "mastermind" behind major things, it was always Kate. Kate is the one that set up Sami to take the fall for Franco. And Lucas did not murder Franco, it was in self-defense or Franco would have killed Kate. Lucas was not doing something evil. Kate was also the mastermind behind the Will falling off the cliff stuff. So what is Lucas guilty of exactly? IMO immaturity, and being a really whipped momma's boy. Lucas and Sami took YEARS to finally get to a place where they found love and respect for one another. Yes Lucas yells at Sami... so what? Can we really name a time where Lucas yelled at Sami that she didn't deserve to be yelled at? :tounge:

Now let's look at EJami... EJ did do somethings based on being a puppet for Stefano. But Stefano never told EJ to rape Sami, or lock Lucas in a freezer truck to die. Stefano was not the mastermind behind EJ setting up that elaborate scheme with Celeste, to create his own fake death at Sami's hands. Terrorizing her with his "ghost" - all EJ. Putting Sami's life and those of her unborn children in jeapordy purposefully while she was in the hospital - all EJ. EJ did many of the heinous acts that he did to Sami all on his own. Sami has always been EJ's victim. There was no tit for tat between them. The only thing Sami wanted was to not have EJ in her life. And then the problem was that after watching Sami hate on EJ for 2+ years, watching all the shit that EJ did to Sami and her children, and her family, we are supposed to accept a sudden 180 from Sami and she now supposedly loves the man that did all of those things to her? Sorry, but I just don't buy it.

I'd rather be yelled at because I did something stupid, than be terrorized, raped and then terrorized some more for no other reason than for not loving someone.

Sure Lucas has done some nasty stuff, but EJ's done more, a lot more, in a much wider scope, and in a much quicker time span.

Certainly we give our favs these "passes", however, EJ ran out of my passes a long time ago when it comes to Sami.

I want to also quickly add that I am not a Lumi fan at this point. The second Sami slept with EJ willingly, I have felt that Sami no longer deserves to be with Lucas. It's funny how that moment ruined things for fans of both couples. Lumi's are sick that Sami actually slept with EJ, and EJami's are sick that Sami jumped out of the bed immediately after Lucas came home. That episode was the point where my hatred for Sami began as well.

I think there is a difference between good drama and having to watch unhealthy couplings being forced on us. EJami was both unhealthy and forced. Although Lucas and Chloe are an odd pairing, I am happy to see Lucas out of Sami's orbit. EJ is happy with Nicole (for the time being anyway heh), and Sami is well on her way to a romance with Rafe. I really think that was the best option for the writers to choose. I just hope they continue on this path.

I just keep thinking back to the epi early this week with Nicole and Chloe. They were sitting at the Cheating Heart and were commenting on how wonderful it was to not have Sami around. I've been feeling the same way. ;)
Chloe n nicole are witches. Salem's witches. Obviously they wouldnt want any human around them. :scared:

willa13th

Mason
Dec 12 2008, 03:39 PM
Maybe. But ej is with nicole now for the sake of just having a family. He couldnt have that with sami, so he have to force himself to do it with nicole. Thats still a rebound to me. :cheer:

Mason

willa13th
Dec 12 2008, 03:47 PM
Mason
Maybe. But ej is with nicole now for the sake of just having a family. He couldnt have that with sami, so he have to force himself to do it with nicole. Thats still a rebound to me. :cheer:
Really? Because E.J. seems pretty content to me.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 12 2008, 03:49 PM
willa13th
Mason
content or settling ...

EJ made Nicole get a paternity test .... EJ told Sami at the cabin he felt trapped and it was out of control .... is EJ just settling??? EJ still reflects back on what could have been Sami and him having a family wth her. Does EJ wish that this was all with Sami but because Sami said it wasn't meant to be is he settling with Nicole?

willa13th

Mason
willa13th
Mason
If he's contented all along, then why does it take like forever for him to make himself commit to nicole? Simply because he doesnt wish to. Its not part of his dreams. :cheer:

willa13th

cjknick
Dec 12 2008, 03:57 PM
Mason
willa13th
Mason
content or settling ...

EJ made Nicole get a paternity test .... EJ told Sami at the cabin he felt trapped and it was out of control .... is EJ just settling??? EJ still reflects back on what could have been Sami and him having a family wth her. Does EJ wish that this was all with Sami but because Sami said it wasn't meant to be is he settling with Nicole?
Oh n having heard him say "its a complete disaster" is a reality slap for him. He just realised what garbage he has gotten himself into. Poor ej.

Mason

willa13th
Dec 12 2008, 04:14 PM
If he's contented all along, then why does it take like forever for him to make himself commit to nicole? Simply because he doesnt wish to. Its not part of his dreams. :cheer:
Perhaps he'd like to take things slowly. And after his disastrous obsession (and make no mistake, that's what it was, an obsession) with Sami, who could blame him?

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply