Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Rafe: Sami's new love?
Topic Started: Dec 10 2008, 01:12 PM (7,539 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Dec 22 2008, 09:16 PM
At this point, the rape (or WHATEVER you wish to call it) is a non-issue. It's the fact that E.J. and Sami bring out the absolute worst in each other that makes me loathe the idea of them being paired. That, and that I just don't see the chemistry between Sweeney and Scott that I used to.
Bingo, Mason. Nuff said. I don't want to get this closed.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Dec 23 2008, 04:54 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

daisy132
Dec 22 2008, 09:34 PM
Paxton
Dec 22 2008, 09:25 PM
daisy132
Dec 22 2008, 09:13 PM
I'm a diehard Ejami fan, and I hope that the writers listen to their loudest and largest fanbase
I'd certainly be interested in seeing the statistics you're using to promote that claim. Have you got a link?

Chek out the weekly previews on the NBC site. Posters post their opinions there. Week after week, the majority of posts are "bring Ejami back", "when do we get to see Ejami?" You can also visit the message boards, and check out the voting booth. Time and time again, any topic that has Ejami as a choice comes up strides ahead of other choices.

The majority want Ejami, that's not to disrespect others that have their right to their preference.

Anyways, this is a Sami and Rafe thread, and well, I like Rafe, but writers, lets not have another man in Sami's life.

I posted before I read Ellie and Rhiannon's warning, and i don't want to be responsible for getting this closed. DANG, girls! And I thought my post was kick-ass. ;)
Edited by ladyofthelake, Dec 23 2008, 04:53 AM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Paxton
Dec 22 2008, 09:39 PM
daisy132
Dec 22 2008, 09:34 PM
Paxton
Dec 22 2008, 09:25 PM
daisy132
Dec 22 2008, 09:13 PM
I'm a diehard Ejami fan, and I hope that the writers listen to their loudest and largest fanbase
I'd certainly be interested in seeing the statistics you're using to promote that claim. Have you got a link?

Chek out the weekly previews on the NBC site. Posters post their opinions there. Week after week, the majority of posts are "bring Ejami back", "when do we get to see Ejami?" You can also visit the message boards, and check out the voting booth. Time and time again, any topic that has Ejami as a choice comes up strides ahead of other choices.

The majority want Ejami, that's not to disrespect others that have their right to their preference.

Anyways, this is a Sami and Rafe thread, and well, I like Rafe, but writers, lets not have another man in Sami's life.
You were the one who made the claim EJami fans have the largest fanbase in this thread. Given the fact that Internet posters can have multiple screen names and inflate their numbers, I don't think I can rely on, for example, the number of people who post comments re: the weekly previews on the NBC site. A fanbase being motivated is not necessarily the same as a fanbase being ginormous. If the same fifty, for example, posters post the same things over and over and over on certain message boards, that doesn't mean their fanbase is larger than another. It may merely mean they're trying to create the illusion of a large, powerful fanbase.

I have no reason to believe "the majority" want EJami.
I shoulda read ahead, Paxton! Great minds and all that................ :D

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ellie
Dec 22 2008, 09:51 PM
Guys, another reminder (there's one earlier in the thread lol) - the thread is about Sami/Rafe and while we have no problem with threads going O/T, we do have a problem with posters insulting each other. A few posts have just been deleted. Please keep the conversation away from the topic of the other people in the thread. Thanks!
Whoops! Sorry, Ellie.

faithloveright
Member Avatar

I may be an EJAMI fan, but I really don't like Rafe. Not for Sami, not really at all. He strikes me as a fake. He tries to hard, and he's too childish. I don't like who Sami has become at all lately. Where is the girl with the spunk and the hootspa to go after what she really wanted? Where is the woman who would move heaven and Earth for her kids? What is up with even THINKING about giving up that baby? I also don't like how EJ is being written as some dumb smuck who can't tell when one woman IS pregnant and when another stops being pregnant. Where is the man with the brains and the balls. I don't like this lost puppy dog he's become. If I can't ever have my couple back, I'll learn to live with it, but I REALLY don't want them putting Sami with Rafe. They need to send Rafe back to whereever it was he came from and end this stupid witness protection storyline once and for all.

sungrey

ladyofthelake
Dec 23 2008, 04:46 AM
Mason
At this point, the rape (or WHATEVER you wish to call it) is a non-issue. It's the fact that E.J. and Sami bring out the absolute worst in each other that makes me loathe the idea of them being paired. That, and that I just don't see the chemistry between Sweeney and Scott that I used to.
Bingo, Mason. Nuff said. I don't want to get this closed.
What chemistry EJ and Sami did have was ruined by that December moment. They still have spark in scenes together, though. And I do feel bad for James Scott because he's only playing a character, but James called it what it was.

If I had my way, I'd prefer Lumi, but in all honesty the story has just been botched beyond belief. Adding Rafe to it doesn't help, although Galen's acting is better than it was on Passions. Rafe has not had a chance to interact with the rest of the community, too, which doesn't help.
Edited by sungrey, Dec 31 2008, 08:10 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I REALLY, REALLY want Rafe and Sami to work out, but the writers are being very lazy. Maybe its because AS will be going on maternity leave and just having them sit there and play cards is what they decided to do?!
If they are going to swipe the Marlena/Roman SL..then at least write it that way! I need to see more bitter sweet moments. More "spark"....maybe its coming, but so far- nada!
Liz

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Liz<3Days
Dec 31 2008, 09:37 PM
I REALLY, REALLY want Rafe and Sami to work out, but the writers are being very lazy. Maybe its because AS will be going on maternity leave and just having them sit there and play cards is what they decided to do?!
If they are going to swipe the Marlena/Roman SL..then at least write it that way! I need to see more bitter sweet moments. More "spark"....maybe its coming, but so far- nada!
Liz
The problem is, they filmed ahead, so there will be little lack of Sami. The contrived storyline combined with lack of change of scenery for those two combined with the fairly repetitive dialogue probably doesn't help.

Kyrai

ladyofthelake
Dec 31 2008, 09:40 PM
Liz<3Days
Liz
The problem is, they filmed ahead, so there will be little lack of Sami. The contrived storyline combined with lack of change of scenery for those two combined with the fairly repetitive dialogue probably doesn't help.
I think between the pregnancy and the Biggest Loser, Ali was just blowing thru her scenes trying to brute force her way through it. I've never been crazy about AS as an actress, but I felt she tried before. The tears, the shrieking, the yelling all just seemed so fake to me, moreso than usual.

It could be my frustration in general, but I wish they'd just let her have a maternity leave. I'd think she could've used a break. I could tolerate her before, liked her as a friend to John, wanted her with Ej, but I've thoroughly disliked her since just before the WP when she seemed to be hyper-emotional on a whim.

Actually I'm finding a lot of the yelling on the show annoying though. Lexie losing it over Theo, Nicole yelling at Dr. Baker about why he didn't offer her a baby so soon after all the anguish of her losing her baby. I like anguish when used appropriately, like Nicole losing her baby, but constant emo takes away the impact and just grates on my nerves.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Sometimes Actors just don't have the chemistry .... AS and GG IMO just don't seem to have that connection. They do pull off the friend thing fairly well but even that is getting old. Perhaps when they move this storyline along and Sami and Rafe get to interact with other characters and Ali is not pregnant then maybe they can bring it. But up till now no romantic chemistry has shown up.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Well, romantic chemistry also gets nipped in the bud when the woman is nearly due to deliver. The whole "being pregnant and flirty" thing ranks right up there, to me, with the Chloe/Dan thing on my squick-o-meter. AND, I'm not saying a pregnant woman can't be romantic. It's fine if it's someone she's had a history with. This isn't that way. Call me prudish, call me old-fashioned. It's just weird. And drinking pickle juice doesn't help! My mama told me, when I was young, if I drank pickle juice, my blood would dry up. :D
Edited by ladyofthelake, Jan 1 2009, 10:16 AM.

cjknick
Member Avatar

IMO and from reading alot of post on various boards - the Sami/Rafe storyline is a bit of a bust - I understand they wanted Ali to beable to pretape so she is not off storyline for too long while on maternity leave but WHY???????? Ali was off for a solid month last year and Days survived. 6 - 8 weeks of maternity leave with a slow come back would not kill the show. it wasn't very budget smart either they had to hire GG, they had to hire non-contract people to play Hilda, the murderer, Sister Theresa. They had to rework sets, bake cookies, supply pickles. They should have sent Sami to Switzerland to see Will for 8 weeks it would have been cheaper.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Actually, I love Rafe and Sami together. At last Sami is looking and behaviing more adult even in her tirades. She and GG are a "gem" of a pair.

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

i love SAFE having galen back on my tv is a dream come true along with eric

i'm sure once the wp is over we will learn more about rafe and his past as with most
new bee's to town i bet he is related to someone in salem

whether sami and rafe become romantic or not i am enjoying their scenes its fun light makes me smile

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

ladyofthelake
Liz<3Days
Liz
That's true. I also tend to feel AS is not a good romantic leading lady. When I used to like her, I thought she was excellent at the screwed up loser in love stuff, but it turns out that when she actually gets a man, she's not, IMO, very good at it. Sweeney doesn't have sex appeal in my book. Banter that might come off as cute and sexy with someone else tends to come off childish and annoying with her. She's better with Rafe when they're just talking naturally. I can see where they have some chemistry, I'm just annoyed witih and tired of Sami in general. But if Safe get together it's fine with me; easy to FF if they're not doing something interesting.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Paxton
Jan 1 2009, 11:44 AM
ladyofthelake
Liz<3Days
Liz
That's true. I also tend to feel AS is not a good romantic leading lady. When I used to like her, I thought she was excellent at the screwed up loser in love stuff, but it turns out that when she actually gets a man, she's not, IMO, very good at it. Sweeney doesn't have sex appeal in my book. Banter that might come off as cute and sexy with someone else tends to come off childish and annoying with her. She's better with Rafe when they're just talking naturally. I can see where they have some chemistry, I'm just annoyed witih and tired of Sami in general. But if Safe get together it's fine with me; easy to FF if they're not doing something interesting.
I honestly wanted it to work, if nothing else (yes, I'll admit it), so they didn't try EJami or Lumi again. Both of those couples have pretty much been ruined beyond having Sami off canvas for a LONG time to get her shit together. There needs to be a huge break in storyline, and those characters need other experiences before they attempt either couple again.
But, the whole safehouse thing has just made a Rafe/Sami possibility BLEH. Same old thing over and over. Very redundant, sort of like Sami's "I want EJ. No I want Lucas" tirade months ago. The girl needs some variety. We thought we would get it here. Allison would have done better to take time off.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

jeanneshuis
Jan 1 2009, 11:18 AM
i love SAFE having galen back on my tv is a dream come true along with eric

i'm sure once the wp is over we will learn more about rafe and his past as with most
new bee's to town i bet he is related to someone in salem

whether sami and rafe become romantic or not i am enjoying their scenes its fun light makes me smile

Don't bet the farm on it.
I can't get excited over a character who's been redundant and repetitive, no matter HOW much I like the actor. There for a time, I wasn't liking Philip, and I really like JKJ. But, I wished he had gone ahead and not re-signed, for his sake. I'm afraid I'll get the same way with Nicole. It's not fair to the actor.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I hate this whole pre-taping when actors are PG. It might work if they were in the middle of a intense SL, but Sami was kind of winding down after the NUMEROUS times she rejected EJ. Would we have gotten screaming Sami showing up in the DiMera mansion yelling at both EJ and Nicole for being sluts? Probably?! In that respect, then thank you for WP!
I have seen Days prior to AS coming as Sami and she hasn't had a break from this soap? I think the audience (and actor) needs a break from such a front burner character as this one. We have had in the past a JM, Bo/Hope break and Steve/Kayla breaks.
I'm just tired of Sami never growing up, always yelling and everyone forgiving her but she never forgives in return. This character NEVER grows up! I can see her yelling at 80 about catching John and Marlena doing it in the conference room.
Liz

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Liz<3Days
Jan 1 2009, 12:20 PM
I hate this whole pre-taping when actors are PG. It might work if they were in the middle of a intense SL, but Sami was kind of winding down after the NUMEROUS times she rejected EJ. Would we have gotten screaming Sami showing up in the DiMera mansion yelling at both EJ and Nicole for being sluts? Probably?! In that respect, then thank you for WP!
I have seen Days prior to AS coming as Sami and she hasn't had a break from this soap? I think the audience (and actor) needs a break from such a front burner character as this one. We have had in the past a JM, Bo/Hope break and Steve/Kayla breaks.
I'm just tired of Sami never growing up, always yelling and everyone forgiving her but she never forgives in return. This character NEVER grows up! I can see her yelling at 80 about catching John and Marlena doing it in the conference room.
Liz

Those actors you mentioned took breaks (at least KA and DH did) by doing other shows and taking other opportunties. Allison Sweeney HAS that opportunity. WHY didn't she take it? I didn't watch TBL, but doesn't she go out on those locations where those folks have to do their endurance challenges and stuff?
I just cannot imagine this safehouse thing was this all-fired important story, important enough to get her to work triple overtime, nor can I imagine this was in the works even without her pregnancy.

DoolDiva
Member Avatar

Mason
Now see, I think just the opposite. Sami and Lucas did horrible things to each other, not to mention Lucas had a right hand man (his mother)
I guess that is why I was never a Lumi fan, two people that could hurt each other so badly while sharing a child just baffled my mind.
Tptb have screwed Sami up so bad that I don't care who she ends up with. They could have allowed this Ejole relationship without turning Sami into a whiny bitch and EJ the dilluted dimwit.
Why Rafe would want a woman so screwed up with so many kids and ties to Mob men is beyond me. Rafe is the lesser of the three evils, cough, I guess.
I agree with you all though, I think they should give the romance writers a couple months off and let these characters find THEMSELVES!! :shrug:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply