Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Dr. Dan and Chloe?
Topic Started: Dec 10 2008, 01:32 PM (5,553 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

OneBadKitty
Dec 13 2008, 09:32 PM
It's not Chloe I have a problem with, it's Daniel. He's flipped over no less than three women since he slithered into Salem. All of them his patients, or patient related.

This guy needs to get out of the medical profession pronto. Talk about unprofessional. He's a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Me too.

I honestly don't mind the story. It's a classic soap story. Is it sleazy? Sure but soaps have done stories like that before. I just hate how the Kate illness story got completely rushed to an end this week for it. That bugs me and I still think that means at least one person from this quad is being axed since it seemed to change gears around the same time as the J&M stuff.

I think the Daniel character ruins it. However, blaming Dena for it completely is a bit unfair IMO. I know Chan was hated (I hated them too) but that was her direction when she came on. They seemed to end when Ed interfered and Daniel got tossed Kate's way and I think when Dena got back the reigns with Whitesell and Tomlin they were going to stick with Daniel and Kate but having to keep Nadia and Bryan (who seemed all but fired) meant they had to find something for them so they went with this. Alot of the misdirection and flipping around was because of the interference, something many continuously leave out, mostly because they hate Higley and feel it was justified. It's not an excuse. He screwed up her plans and while ending Chan was one thing good that came out of it, it also did alot of bad in that it left the show looking awful in how many different pairings it's tried this year because of all the changes in direction as a result of the behind the scenes mess. Now, with the cast cuts, there is more changes. The show needs stability and soon. Hopefully it will get that.

I just hope if Daniel sticks around they focus on making the character tolerable in having him perhaps resign from the profession or take a sabbatical to get himself figured out because the guy is a walking disaster right now.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

SpriteEyes
Dec 14 2008, 12:25 PM
OneBadKitty
Dec 13 2008, 09:32 PM
It's not Chloe I have a problem with, it's Daniel. He's flipped over no less than three women since he slithered into Salem. All of them his patients, or patient related.

This guy needs to get out of the medical profession pronto. Talk about unprofessional. He's a lawsuit waiting to happen.
So you don't have a problem with Chloe going from Phil to Lucas, and getting all hot and bothered with Dan while engaged to Lucas. Nor with Dan being with Kate while giving Chloe the eye, it's just the hospital setting?

Would it have been acceptable if they were in the park and not wearing a hospital gown?
Good point!

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Well, I still say both characters are salvageable if they were written correctly. Even with the bad writing, good writers could explain their motivations. From day one, I wanted them to cast an actress to play Sara Horton, who is now a DR, and have her interact with Daniel. And I think Chloe needs to be thrown into the Nicole, Brady, EJ mix. Chloe's behavior needs to be explained and all they have to do is look to her past to do it.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I hate this pairing.

Both characters are all body, no substance. He's a pretty face with no purpose and so is she. It turns my stomach the way they've both bulldozed their way through Salem this year, jumping from person to person to person. It's enough to give me whiplash!

That said, I also hate Daniel and Kate. In fact, I hate the writing for Kate in general -- I want the real Kate back! Daniel makes me queasy and uncomfortable no matter who he's paired with.

Lucas and Chloe suck, as well. There's absolutely no reason that they should be together, aside from the fact that he has a penis and she has a hole to fill. There's no substance and no purpose to this pairing.

I'm really starting to believe that Higley just throws all the characters names into a basket and then chooses the weekly pairings by random draw. There's no other explanation for this craziness!

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 14 2008, 09:50 PM
I hate this pairing.

Both characters are all body, no substance. He's a pretty face with no purpose and so is she. It turns my stomach the way they've both bulldozed their way through Salem this year, jumping from person to person to person. It's enough to give me whiplash!

That said, I also hate Daniel and Kate. In fact, I hate the writing for Kate in general -- I want the real Kate back! Daniel makes me queasy and uncomfortable no matter who he's paired with.

Lucas and Chloe suck, as well. There's absolutely no reason that they should be together, aside from the fact that he has a penis and she has a hole to fill. There's no substance and no purpose to this pairing.

I'm really starting to believe that Higley just throws all the characters names into a basket and then chooses the weekly pairings by random draw. There's no other explanation for this craziness!
True, Daniel has been on the show less than a year, so he doesn't have much history with the show. But I can't agree that Chloe is just a pretty face with no purpose. She has history with the show, she has a backstory that could be mined for years, and is a character that isn't related to the Bradys or the Hortons. The Lucas and Chloe story is pointless, but even that disasterous coupling could work storywise down the road. The character of Chloe has a place on the show, but they certainly aren't making it appear that way.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

goldylicious
Dec 14 2008, 09:23 PM
And I think Chloe needs to be thrown into the Nicole, Brady, EJ mix.
I agree partially. Remove Brady from the equation and place the focus on Nicole, EJ, and Chloe. That is one triangle I could actually enjoy watching.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

DolceDiMera
Dec 15 2008, 12:29 AM
goldylicious
I agree partially. Remove Brady from the equation and place the focus on Nicole, EJ, and Chloe. That is one triangle I could actually enjoy watching.
Out of all of the potential couples, I think that EJ and Chloe would be amazing. Just the beauty of James and Nadia alone would make it worth it lol

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

goldylicious
Dec 15 2008, 12:37 AM
DolceDiMera
Dec 15 2008, 12:29 AM
goldylicious
Out of all of the potential couples, I think that EJ and Chloe would be amazing. Just the beauty of James and Nadia alone would make it worth it lol
I agree. I still love Ejole I've wanted an EJ/Chloe pairing since Nadia returned in 2007.

marisol40

Well the only single men that Chloe hasn't slept with are Max, Roman and EJ, so at the rate that Chloe has been changing her men, I think you might just see an EJ/Chloe match by the time Nadia's contract is up in November.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

marisol40
Dec 15 2008, 01:42 PM
Well the only single men that Chloe hasn't slept with are Max, Roman and EJ, so at the rate that Chloe has been changing her men, I think you might just see an EJ/Chloe match by the time Nadia's contract is up in November.
The only men Chloe has slept with since being on the show this time around, is Philip, her ex boyfriend, and Lucas her new fiance.

marisol40

Well Mr. Dan is on the horizon and with the way that Higley views this character, I doubt he will be the last on the list.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

marisol40
Dec 15 2008, 04:15 PM
Well Mr. Dan is on the horizon and with the way that Higley views this character, I doubt he will be the last on the list.
Bingo. She's been back, what, a year? And she's already harboring 2, going on three, men. Plus, who knows what they'll write about her and Brady later? And she wasn't in a real relationship with Philip (friends with benefits, after all) or Lucas when she, er, entertained them. Actually, I'm not even sure her divorce from Brady was final when she started her 'friendship' up with Philip again, was it? Or, maybe that's how she drowned her sorrows. I just get this feeling Dena wants to make Chloe a liberated woman. :D

I've seen in other places where Stephanie is called a slut or worse because of her being around Philip. Well, first of all, slut is a terribly overused word, much like bitch. It loses its meaning and sense of shock after a while. Second of all, the two men Stephanie slept with (unless you count Ford, and counting Ford as a lover when he raped or almost raped her would be very wrong)-Jeremy and Max-were her steady relationships.

So, in comparing Stephanie's sluthood with Chloe's.......I don't think either one of them should be called a slut, but if anyone should, Chloe has it all over Stephanie in that department. But, I think using that term for either one of them is rather old.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Dec 15 2008, 04:24 PM
marisol40
Bingo. She's been back, what, a year? And she's already harboring 2, going on three, men. Plus, who knows what they'll write about her and Brady later? And she wasn't in a real relationship with Philip (friends with benefits, after all) or Lucas when she, er, entertained them. Actually, I'm not even sure her divorce from Brady was final when she started her 'friendship' up with Philip again, was it? Or, maybe that's how she drowned her sorrows. I just get this feeling Dena wants to make Chloe a liberated woman. :D

I've seen in other places where Stephanie is called a slut or worse because of her being around Philip. Well, first of all, slut is a terribly overused word, much like bitch. It loses its meaning and sense of shock after a while. Second of all, the two men Stephanie slept with (unless you count Ford, and counting Ford as a lover when he raped or almost raped her would be very wrong)-Jeremy and Max-were her steady relationships.

So, in comparing Stephanie's sluthood with Chloe's.......I don't think either one of them should be called a slut, but if anyone should, Chloe has it all over Stephanie in that department. But, I think using that term for either one of them is rather old.
Even if Chloe does sleep with Daniel, that would be three men in one year. So what? Hell, if she is using protection, more power to her lol

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

goldylicious
Dec 15 2008, 04:43 PM
ladyofthelake
Dec 15 2008, 04:24 PM
marisol40

Even if Chloe does sleep with Daniel, that would be three men in one year. So what? Hell, if she is using protection, more power to her lol
I'm trying to figure out if you got my point. LOL

fenderbabe

My problem with Chloe isn't how many men she's sleeping with... it's who and when she happens to be sleeping with them. Chloe almost slept with Philip in a tent while she was still married to Brady, she then divorced Brady and soon after started sleeping with Philip, then soon after started sleeping with Lucas, kissed Philip, now she's in love with Lucas and about to marry him, yet can't fight her attraction to her about-to-be-mother-in-law's lover, Daniel. It's annoying, and it's sick. I don't believe there's ANY substance in ANY of her relationships because of the way she moves on and falls in love at the drop of a hat. What makes Chloe slutty isn't the sex, it's her actions that lead-up to and follow the sex.

While I've never liked or disliked Chloe, I've certainly never hated her as much as I do now. The writing for her is painful.

zyona

fenderbabe
Dec 15 2008, 05:13 PM
My problem with Chloe isn't how many men she's sleeping with... it's who and when she happens to be sleeping with them. Chloe almost slept with Philip in a tent while she was still married to Brady, she then divorced Brady and soon after started sleeping with Philip, then soon after started sleeping with Lucas, kissed Philip, now she's in love with Lucas and about to marry him, yet can't fight her attraction to her about-to-be-mother-in-law's lover, Daniel. It's annoying, and it's sick. I don't believe there's ANY substance in ANY of her relationships because of the way she moves on and falls in love at the drop of a hat. What makes Chloe slutty isn't the sex, it's her actions that lead-up to and follow the sex.

While I've never liked or disliked Chloe, I've certainly never hated her as much as I do now. The writing for her is painful.
I don't think being attracted to Daniel make her a slut, even if she sleep with him. When she got involved with Lucas she was hurting about Philipís interest to Morgan, so that makes him her rebound guy. About Daniel, well Kate should know better if he did that to her own granddaughter who he claimed she was his future he will do that to her. It is not like Kate is a saint, hell comparing to Chloe Kate is a pro and she is not married to Daniel so he should be a fair game or Chloe made an adult decision about it.(that was Kateís word to Chelsea). I guess what goes around comes around; it does matter to me if Chloe and Daniel get together, but I canít wait to see how Kate will react to it.

Mason
Member Avatar

goldylicious
Dec 15 2008, 03:08 PM
The only men Chloe has slept with since being on the show this time around, is Philip, her ex boyfriend, and Lucas her new fiance.
That's not for a lack of trying, LoL.

Mason
Member Avatar

goldylicious
Dec 15 2008, 03:08 PM
That's not for a lack of trying, LoL.

marisol40

Quote:

Thank you Fender, there really isn't much to add after that. It's not what you do, but how you do it that matters.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

That whole exam room thing to me was sick. It was wrong. It makes her seem even more vapid and pretty well puts the nail in the coffin for any integrity for Dan's character. Any woman with Chloe's medical experience and world traveling experience would have asked for a nurse to be present, or at the very least, said 'what the hell are you doing? My lymph nodes aren't that far in and your damn mouth is too close!'
I really do think that Chloe's character is getting a beating, too. Ironically, though, I'm finding Nadia's acting is better. Damn, I can't win. Just when I thought I could actually start to enjoy Chloe, they pull shit like this.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply