Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Thaao and Leann interview; video
Topic Started: Dec 11 2008, 03:58 PM (1,066 Views)
Mason

Well, they COULD just put Leann on contract.

But I guess some nobody character like Dr. Baker is more important to be a regular than a longtime fan favorite whose portrayer is one of the few actors to have won an acting Emmy for DAYS.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Dec 14 2008, 11:19 PM

But I guess some nobody character like Dr. Baker is more important to be a regular than a longtime fan favorite whose portrayer is one of the few actors to have won an acting Emmy for DAYS.
You can't compare them.

LeAnn is a character with roots in Salem who isn't just there to serve the story. Dr. Baker is just here to serve the Nicole story. The guy won't last more then a few months so they are completely different.

Mason

^ You're right. They are completely different. One's actually important and cared about (Anna), where as the other is not, LoL!

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

PhoenixRising05
Dec 14 2008, 07:22 PM
hoochielicious
Dec 14 2008, 03:40 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 14 2008, 01:22 PM
DrewHamilton
Dec 12 2008, 01:19 PM
Dorothy595
Dec 11 2008, 06:50 PM
Where has LeAnne been? I haven't seen her on the show lately. I wonder if she'll be on the Christmas show?
I think the reason we haven't been seeing Leann as much as we have Tony is beacuse she's on a recurring basis, meaning they have to pay her per episode. Since she's not involved in anything righ tnow, they probably think it's pointless and a waste of money to bring her on for an episode and pay her when they can just use someone on contract and save money.
Exactly.

Thaoo is filming alot right now but LeAnn is not at all. We will seeing Tony a fair amount in the next few weeks. It's actually making me wish they just kill Anna off. I love her and I realize Tanna has fans but it would create huge story for Tony and maybe turn him a bit toward the dark side. They could have him conflicted over that. Either that or just break them up or something. I think they want to use Tony but Anna sort of holds them back. It's just the sense I get for some reason. I do feel bad for both of them though.
I couldn't disagree more. Anna is an awesome character on her own. The Tanna fans already have been screwed over with no air time, a lame engagement, and no wedding. They could have Anna kidnapped or something, that would still bring out Tony's dark side.

Even though Carrie's last return was awful, I would love to finally see adult Carrie with her mom.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I love LeAnn and Tanna. I would just rather she be gone instead of just out there not being used. At least there would be some closure in that regard. That's my point. If they use her, great. I would be willing to accept seeing her at least once a month just to know she was still there. It just seems like, especially lately, they want to use Tony but they can't find a way to use him and Anna.

I'd rather they fire almost everyone under 30 and use Leann. She's an Emmy winner, they should find something for her. I still don't get why she hasn't even visited Kate in the hospital. I would have preferred that over Chloe and Dan slobbering over each other.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Dec 14 2008, 11:32 PM
Mason

You can't compare them.

LeAnn is a character with roots in Salem who isn't just there to serve the story. Dr. Baker is just here to serve the Nicole story. The guy won't last more then a few months so they are completely different.
See I think this is where our fundamental disagreement is. Where you're saying "Dr. Baker is there to serve the story", I'm saying that it's Dena's job to make stories for characters like Anna.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

PhoenixRising05
Dec 14 2008, 07:23 PM
hoochielicious
Dec 14 2008, 03:45 PM
Ellie
Dec 14 2008, 02:13 PM
PhoenixRising05

Thaoo is filming alot right now but LeAnn is not at all. We will seeing Tony a fair amount in the next few weeks. It's actually making me wish they just kill Anna off. I love her and I realize Tanna has fans but it would create huge story for Tony and maybe turn him a bit toward the dark side. They could have him conflicted over that. Either that or just break them up or something. I think they want to use Tony but Anna sort of holds them back. It's just the sense I get for some reason. I do feel bad for both of them though.
I bet it's just that Thaao's below his guarantee or something. I wish they'd put Leann on contract (and not kill off her character!) - but my fear is that after this next group of Tony scenes, we won't be seeing much of either of them.
I'm getting a different impression. I think this is the start of Tony v EJ, and/or Stefano. That's more interesting to me than the EJ babies.
I agree. I've heard hints of that picking up but be careful because with all the cuts and the way Days is, things can change gears and fall out of place. That is what happened in the Fall and what derailed the story the first time.
I think the new writer derailed the story the first time. Thaao was all excited about the DiMera family feud storyline in Burlington, two weeks later they killed the storyline when they all came back from the shut down. Thaao told us that he thinks the DiMeras are safe from the firings, but we'll see. I believe that Thaao has either a 26 or 52 week contract. Either way, I don't think they can let him go until May. That's just an opinion I picked up from his chat.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Ellie
Dec 15 2008, 09:18 PM
PhoenixRising05
Mason

You can't compare them.

See I think this is where our fundamental disagreement is. Where you're saying "Dr. Baker is there to serve the story", I'm saying that it's Dena's job to make stories for characters like Anna.
They could easily involve her in the EJ v Tony story. Or have her be involved in the Kate storyline. Kate could use a friend. Actually, not having her in the Tony storyline is ridiculous. There's no way Anna wouldn't put in her two cents regarding what Tony was saying to EJ and Stefano.

There's plenty of doctors on the show, not enough divas! lol

Ellie

hoochielicious
Dec 15 2008, 09:22 PM
Ellie
PhoenixRising05
Mason

You can't compare them.

They could easily involve her in the EJ v Tony story. Or have her be involved in the Kate storyline. Kate could use a friend. Actually, not having her in the Tony storyline is ridiculous. There's no way Anna wouldn't put in her two cents regarding what Tony was saying to EJ and Stefano.

There's plenty of doctors on the show, not enough divas! lol
I even liked her as a platonic friend to John. She's kind of quirky and they seemed to understand each other. Let Marlena confide in Anna and Anna try to talk to John.

Or, of course, they could give Anna her own story! I guess I expected that when she first came back last summer, but it never really materialized.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
PhoenixRising05
Mason

You can't compare them.

Dena did have a story for Anna...twice. Don't ask how I know this but she was to be used more then she was. The first time it got derailed by Corday/Scott and the second time by Tomlin. As hoocielicious said, the Dimera story got derailed around the time Tomlin and Whitesell came on. Dena isn't perfect but alot of her stuff hasn't even made it to air and, even when some of it didn't. Dena still tried to use Anna until Tomlin and Whitesell. Now we never even see her.

That is what I don't understand. People keep blaming Higley for the lack of vets when she was actually using them. The vets were in use until Tomlin came on. I like him but I do think he's doing worse for the show then she is.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

PhoenixRising05
Dec 15 2008, 11:08 PM
Ellie
PhoenixRising05
Mason

You can't compare them.

Dena did have a story for Anna...twice. Don't ask how I know this but she was to be used more then she was. The first time it got derailed by Corday/Scott and the second time by Tomlin. As hoocielicious said, the Dimera story got derailed around the time Tomlin and Whitesell came on. Dena isn't perfect but alot of her stuff hasn't even made it to air and, even when some of it didn't. Dena still tried to use Anna until Tomlin and Whitesell. Now we never even see her.

That is what I don't understand. People keep blaming Higley for the lack of vets when she was actually using them. The vets were in use until Tomlin came on. I like him but I do think he's doing worse for the show then she is.
We did ask Thaao who wrote the Olympics/Stefano storyline, and he said it was Higley.

Could you give us some hints on what they had in store for Anna?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply