Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: News on Frances Reid & the Christmas episode
Topic Started: Dec 11 2008, 11:36 PM (2,273 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Confirmation came in tonight: Frances Reid (Alice) was not up to going to the Burbank studio for the Christmas episode taping. Mrs. H. will be very missed as the Hortons celebrate their Christmas without her. The last Christmas episode she missed was in 1995, while she was recovering from a stroke. She turned 94 on December 9. Hopefully she will be feeling better in 2009 than she did in 2008.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

:(

This is so sad and it will be weird not having her there......

Mason
Member Avatar

Very sad, but I wasn't expecting her to be there. :(

Tammy
Member Avatar

So sad... it will be weird without her there.

CodeBlazeNuke
Member Avatar

it may be weird not seeing her there. man her and Helen W (Nacey (sp?) ATWT) are about the same age.

Ellie

So sorry to hear that - I was wondering. Hope she's doing ok. Thanks Jason for the info.

Deleted User
Deleted User

That sucks. I would have actually watched the show if she was on.
Quote Post Goto Top

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Sad to read about this! Frances Reid remains in my prayers!

Days4Life

Sad news but not unexpected. I hope they at least use the little clip of her at the end of the show, which they've done a couple times in the past.

darraholic
Member Avatar

That sucks. It just won't be the same without Alice. Hopefully, Francis gets better.

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

Thanks for letting us know. It hardly seems the same without her and she is in my prayers. I wish that TPTB would take a camera to her instead of her go to the studio so we could at least see her. Even if it were just to hear her say Merry Christmas. I have always loved the Days Christmas shows with all the ornament hanging and seeing the cast together. I am still looking forward to this years show but it just will be missing one very important person. Merry Christmas to all who celebrate.

daysfan
Member Avatar

This is DEVASTATING.

Is 2008 the first year she hasn't appeared at all?

King
Member Avatar

94, damn, that woman is fierce!

Her health is the most important thing. If done right, the Christmas episode can still be amazing.

Mason
Member Avatar

King
Dec 12 2008, 12:38 PM
If done right, the Christmas episode can still be amazing.
Yeah, but who are we kidding? LoL

Ellie

daysfan
Dec 12 2008, 12:36 PM
This is DEVASTATING.

Ohh, good point. The last time she was on was last Christmas. It is very sad.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

daysfan
No. Reid missed the Christmas '95 episode due to a stroke.

This is sad news, but I expected this. It's going to be weird not having Alice there. I wonder where they'll say she is, whether she's off visiting family elsewhere (maybe Jack and Jennifer in London) or she's feeling under the weather and has to stay upstairs while everyone is downstairs celebrating with characters frequently going up and coming down the stairs and talking about their visits with Alice. There are ways to write around her absence.

Ellie

DrewHamilton
Dec 12 2008, 01:17 PM
daysfan
I think she meant, is 2008 the first calendar year in which Frances Reid has not appeared on the show at all. I'm sure the answer to that is yes. Posted Image

Quote:

This is sad news, but I expected this. It's going to be weird not having Alice there. I wonder where they'll say she is, whether she's off visiting family elsewhere (maybe Jack and Jennifer in London) or she's feeling under the weather and has to stay upstairs while everyone is downstairs celebrating with characters frequently going up and coming down the stairs and talking about their visits with Alice. There are ways to write around her absence.
I agree, I also hope they at least mention her!! She needs to be included in some way.

King
Member Avatar

You're right, Mason. Haha.

This is very sad news, but her health is the most important thing so I hope it does improve for her.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Ellie
Dec 12 2008, 01:21 PM
DrewHamilton
Dec 12 2008, 01:17 PM
daysfan
I think she meant, is 2008 the first calendar year in which Frances Reid has not appeared on the show at all. I'm sure the answer to that is yes. Posted Image

Quote:

I agree, I also hope they at least mention her!! She needs to be included in some way.
Yeah I meant is 2008 the first year in Days history where she hasn't appeared in even one episode all year. Just too sad, I only hope she can get well.
Edited by daysfan, Dec 12 2008, 01:59 PM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Yes, this will be the first calendar year that Frances has not been on all year. Might also be the first time in TV history a contract actor has not made one appearance in a calendar year. The active streak for the most years in a row on "Days" now goes to Suzanne Rogers, who has appeared every year since 1973.
Edited by Jason47, Dec 12 2008, 02:22 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply