Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of 12/29; **UPDATED 12/24**
Topic Started: Dec 12 2008, 04:40 PM (8,956 Views)
cjknick
Member Avatar

No pre-nup means break up for sure! How Stupid can they make EJ!!!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

Cookala
Dec 12 2008, 05:38 PM
Thanks for posting these, Angie. It's just so sad how they've managed to "dumb down" the character of EJ Dimera.

I can't believe he would consider rushing into marriage with the likes of Nicole...knowing full well her history...without a pre-nup at the very least. Is he CRAZY??? As her attorney, he witnessed first hand the lengths she went in order to get her hands on Victor's money (and just weeks ago, he demanded proof of paternity and even when he got that, he accused her of getting pregnant strictly for his money).

This "no pre-nup" business just proves to me there will be no wedding. It ain't gonna happen.
Yeah, but now EJ's in luv with Nicole, so of course he doesn't need a pre-nup and is totally confident that she would never want anything from him. Makes perfect sense.

And while I admit that there are storylines that now seem to have a direction, that's damning with faint praise when the direction is straight to hell. I didn't like Austin/Carrie/Sami the first time around, why would I like it a second time, no matter how much direction it has? Babypalooza is a repeated storyline with all manner of character destruction left and right. The clear direction doesn't save it, I'm afraid.

And John and Marlena are on their second round of a third wheel, and their 4th or 5th round of "I won't give up on you, we can't be together" in the last 6 months. I suppose going around in circles qualifies as having a direction, but I don't think it's a good thing.

And then there is Kate/Daniel/Chloe/Lucas which as icky written all over it. Daniel falls for yet another patient. Chloe sleeps with yet another guy she barely knows (I'm assuming we're going there) Lucas is cheated on by yet another woman. Again, having a clear direction is not necessarily a good thing in this case.

LovingDays

Why Dena is not using the vets

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Dec 12 2008, 05:51 PM
Also, it would be a real blow to fans to have a new blonde doctor who just arrived in Salem be the one to hypnotize John and unlock his memories. That's always been Marlena's job, and it's always brought J&M closer together. Why introduce a new character to do that at this point in the story? It seems to me like a slap in the face.
I don't get that either. There is no earthly reason that I can see to have a new character on canvas having anything to do with John and Marlena at this point.

Cookala

Ellie
Cookala
Dec 12 2008, 05:45 PM
Ellie
Dec 12 2008, 05:37 PM
e83talus
Dec 12 2008, 05:19 PM
I so hate this show!
How can you not?

Seriously, these sound terrible, especially the J&M ones, where Marlena has to deal with yet another of John's women. THEY'RE LEAVING THREE WEEKS AFTER THIS. NOW IS NOT A GOOD TIME TO HAVE A TRIANGLE STORYLINE. Just needed to get that out. Aaargh.
I really don't think they'll go with a triangle at this late date, Ellie. So far, Charlotte has been nothing but professional and she has attempted to befriend Marlena. I think she'll be key in unlocking John's memories (via hypnosis or a combination of things) and Jarlena will at least exit the show ~ reunited ~ to continue his treatment in Zurich or some such place.
Thanks, but even if nothing romantic develops between John and Dr. Taylor, John seems to be favoring her over Marlena in these spoilers, and Marlena is upset by that. Marlena was jealous of her on yesterday's show. She's a third party and an intruder into J&M's relationship, even just from Marlena's perspective.

Also, it would be a real blow to fans to have a new blonde doctor who just arrived in Salem be the one to hypnotize John and unlock his memories. That's always been Marlena's job, and it's always brought J&M closer together. Why introduce a new character to do that at this point in the story? It seems to me like a slap in the face.
It does, indeed, but unfortunately, that's what this head writer seems to get off on.

Ellie

Cookala
Dec 12 2008, 05:59 PM
Ellie
Cookala
Ellie
e83talus
I so hate this show!
How can you not?

Seriously, these sound terrible, especially the J&M ones, where Marlena has to deal with yet another of John's women. THEY'RE LEAVING THREE WEEKS AFTER THIS. NOW IS NOT A GOOD TIME TO HAVE A TRIANGLE STORYLINE. Just needed to get that out. Aaargh.
I really don't think they'll go with a triangle at this late date, Ellie. So far, Charlotte has been nothing but professional and she has attempted to befriend Marlena. I think she'll be key in unlocking John's memories (via hypnosis or a combination of things) and Jarlena will at least exit the show ~ reunited ~ to continue his treatment in Zurich or some such place.
Thanks, but even if nothing romantic develops between John and Dr. Taylor, John seems to be favoring her over Marlena in these spoilers, and Marlena is upset by that. Marlena was jealous of her on yesterday's show. She's a third party and an intruder into J&M's relationship, even just from Marlena's perspective.

It does, indeed, but unfortunately, that's what this head writer seems to get off on.
And on that, you and I agree completely.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

leelee
Member Avatar

Angie79
Dec 12 2008, 04:40 PM
---Marlena was distraught that John had walked out on her on Christmas Eve. Meanwhile, he was frustrated with his lack of progress in therapy. Charlotte recommended hypnosis, then asked Marlena to join her for a ladies night at Chez Rouge for New Year's Eve. John overheard and unexpectedly joined them. Charlotte decided to leave, which upset John, which hurt Marlena's feelings. John apologized. Will Marlena accept?
That figures....could be worse..I guess. :eyeroll:

jules

Paxton
Dec 12 2008, 05:57 PM
Ellie
I don't get that either. There is no earthly reason that I can see to have a new character on canvas having anything to do with John and Marlena at this point.
It's pretty obvious that Dena hates the character Marlena, so she would never write anything we'd want to see for her character. Same for J&M...there last Christmas together on the show will be a disaster and looks like the same thing gor NYE. If they are writing them off, could we at least get some token happy scenes.
The rest of the spoilers sound awful. This "two women pregnant by the same man" is a bore. I would love for those characters to disappear for a while.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

jane1978
Dec 12 2008, 05:30 PM
I donīt see anything wrong with this spoilers. We have now three stories with clear direction and good pace, thatīs something what was missing most of the year. I like it.

So just because the show has a direction now (there shouldn't even be a problem with that) it means the storylines are good?

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Ellie
Cookala
Ellie
e83talus
I so hate this show!
How can you not?

Maybe he seems to favor Dr.T over Marlena cause most know by now John decides he wants to remember and his therapy doesn't seem to be helping that,so maybe he wants more therapy to help remember,just guessing,truth be hold I would so prefer it to be Marlena helping John rather than the ''Marlena replacement'' that I and some other beliee Dr.Taylor to be.

e83talus
Member Avatar

Ellie
Cookala
Ellie
e83talus
I so hate this show!
How can you not?

And to add insult to injury you have a repeat of a hit J&M s/l from 96 Marlena/John/Kristen playing parallel with Nicole/Sami/Ej with the baby switch going on. Theives! Robbers! Crooks! Untalented Buffoons!
Can you tell I am pissed! :flipoff:

We have had absolutely 0 substance to the J&M story since March 2008 when they returned from Ireland.
John has been a supreme a-hole with bad hair for 9 months.
We already had one triangle!
Marlena turned into a wishy-washy indecisive pod person that I hardly recognized up until August.

They have been onscreen about 6 times in the last three months.
They have approximately 6 weeks before they disapppear into the ether that is the Days graveyard and Dena cannot give us a little that is relevant to their 23 year history? John has only ever needed Doc! Not some blonde twit who shows up for her dead father's appointments!

I just need to repeat louder this time:

I HATE THIS SHOW!

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for the spoilers Angie. :)

So EJ the lawyer doesn't think he needs to have Nicole sign a pre-nup, the same woman who tried to steal $5,000,000 from Victor? :shame:

Mason
Member Avatar

The stories may have direction, but what does it matter if that direction sucks, anyway? LoL

Direction or no direction, we're still left with the same thing: boring, contrived bullshit.

hops
Member Avatar

jules
Dec 12 2008, 06:08 PM
Paxton
Dec 12 2008, 05:57 PM
Ellie
It's pretty obvious that Dena hates the character Marlena, so she would never write anything we'd want to see for her character. Same for J&M...there last Christmas together on the show will be a disaster and looks like the same thing gor NYE. If they are writing them off, could we at least get some token happy scenes.
The rest of the spoilers sound awful. This "two women pregnant by the same man" is a bore. I would love for those characters to disappear for a while.
As usual Jules, you and I are on the same page. And ITA Ellie!! with everything you said. Why all these stupid games at this point? Are we all 12? And Marlena has always been the one to hypnotize John. I think it is only fitting that she is the one that makes the breakthrough otherwise I couldn't care less. These writers just have no clue about how to engage an audience and make a story emotional. That's why I almost died yesterday when John said about Marlena 'I just want to be around her'..... I would have loved it if Marlena had over heard that, it would have been even better. But that must have just been an 'event' and all will be back to whip lash writing, which is about all the writers seem to know how to do :frustration:

As for the rest of the spoilers :sleep:

hops
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 12 2008, 07:06 PM
The stories may have direction, but what does it matter if that direction sucks, anyway? LoL

Direction or no direction, we're still left with the same thing: boring, contrived bullshit.
Exactly!! When there is nothing to care about...does direction matter?

hops
Member Avatar

e83talus
Dec 12 2008, 06:24 PM
And to add insult to injury you have a repeat of a hit J&M s/l from 96 Marlena/John/Kristen playing parallel with Nicole/Sami/Ej with the baby switch going on. Theives! Robbers! Crooks! Untalented Buffoons!
Can you tell I am pissed! :flipoff:

We have had absolutely 0 substance to the J&M story since March 2008 when they returned from Ireland.
John has been a supreme a-hole with bad hair for 9 months.
We already had one triangle!
Marlena turned into a wishy-washy indecisive pod person that I hardly recognized up until August.

They have been onscreen about 6 times in the last three months.
They have approximately 6 weeks before they disapppear into the ether that is the Days graveyard and Dena cannot give us a little that is relevant to their 23 year history? John has only ever needed Doc! Not some blonde twit who shows up for her dead father's appointments!

I just need to repeat louder this time:

I HATE THIS SHOW!
:rockon:

zyona

LovingDays
Dec 12 2008, 05:53 PM
Why Dena is not using the vets
Thanks Angie for the spoilers. About Dena not using the vets she wants to guarantee her x-mas bonus.

soapfan35

hops
Dec 12 2008, 07:35 PM
Hops:These writers just have no clue about how to engage an audience and make a story emotional.

These writers only know how to enRage an audience.

Hey Corday and Higley - :flipoff:

Nicole Walker

Thanks for posting.

Kyrai

Ellie
e83talus
I so hate this show!
How can you not?

I really wish they'd just lump up all the J&M scenes and let them go asap. It's torture watching this show.

I know this is perhaps trivial, and I genuinely like Charlotte, but I really really really don't want anyone other than Marlena doing hypnosis on John. Kim was ok because Marlena was gone when she did it, but hypnotism is a J&M thing. I just really don't like anyone else hypnotizing him.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply