Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of 12/29; **UPDATED 12/24**
Topic Started: Dec 12 2008, 04:40 PM (8,955 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Dec 18 2008, 12:53 AM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 17 2008, 04:38 PM
Hmm...sound ok. Christmas week sounds better. It seems like alot more setup then there should be during a typical New Year's Week. Reminds me an awful lot of New Year's 1998.

Happy to see Julie in spoilers and it seems Nicole tells Chloe her secret. I wonder if Kate will find out about Daniel's issues with Chloe. It sounds like she does and that leads her to ending things with him.

Are you talking about New Years 1997/1998 or 1998/1999?

NYE 1997/1998 was great with Roman catching John and Marlena on the plane! It was the only time I've ever seen Josh Taylor actually act, LoL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN8q21iyw_U

I don't remember anything from NYE 1998/1999 except for that scene of Sami toasting to herself and "getting everything I want."

NYE 1999/2000 was much better with the "Wedding of the Millenium" and Princess Gina forcing Sailor Boy to jump off the Penthouse Grill, LoL. Fun stuff!
New Year's 1998, Kenny.

1997 was a good one with Roman catching J&M. Very good stuff. I actually liked Josh's performance in those scenes. 1998 had nothing. It sucked IMO. 1999 was very good. 2000 was very good. I think 2001 was lame but the baby switch came out around then so I liked it. 2002 and 2003 were great while 2004 and 2005 were just ok. 2006 was good and 2007 was great although not much happened. This year reminds me alot of 1998. Story movement but very little and nothing big happening. Not good for a week with people home but, the way the ratings are, they will probably go up. They always seem to when Days does nothing LOL.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Dec 18 2008, 02:00 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lene
Member Avatar

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!
They kiss? they freaking KISS?
omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aweeeeesome!!!!!! :D

Dawn7
Member Avatar

thanks angie

Sindacco
Member Avatar

NYE 1997/1998 was great, not only the John/Marlena/Roman part but the party at Penthouse Grill too. Franco saving Sami from a mugger and then later paying the mugger off (of course) for a job well done, typical Franco :biggrin:

Kenny
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Dec 18 2008, 05:16 AM
NYE 1997/1998 was great, not only the John/Marlena/Roman part but the party at Penthouse Grill too. Franco saving Sami from a mugger and then later paying the mugger off (of course) for a job well done, typical Franco :biggrin:
God, I couldn't stand Franco! LoL And it always bugged me the way Roman called him Frank-o.

I was so happy when he was gunned down by Lucas. That was an awesome scene! I remember it like it was yesterday. Kate was on the phone asking for Agent Raskin of the INS so that she could tattle on Franco, then as she turned around he was there with the fire poker over his head, ready to kill her with it. Awesome! And I remember the way her voice sounded like a toy with dying batteries as she shrieked over his body, LoL.

*sigh*

Why can't the show be like that again?

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 18 2008, 05:33 AM
Sindacco
God, I couldn't stand Franco! LoL And it always bugged me the way Roman called him Frank-o.

I was so happy when he was gunned down by Lucas. That was an awesome scene! I remember it like it was yesterday. Kate was on the phone asking for Agent Raskin of the INS so that she could tattle on Franco, then as she turned around he was there with the fire poker over his head, ready to kill her with it. Awesome! And I remember the way her voice sounded like a toy with dying batteries as she shrieked over his body, LoL.

*sigh*

I loved Franco, he was a real schemer and con artist and not some wannabe like Patrick Lockhart. I hated the way Roman said Frank-o, but I loved the way Kate pronounced his name: FRANCOOO

That scene is one of the best ever.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sindacco
Dec 18 2008, 08:39 AM
Kenny
Dec 18 2008, 05:33 AM
Sindacco

*sigh*

I loved Franco, he was a real schemer and con artist and not some wannabe like Patrick Lockhart. I hated the way Roman said Frank-o, but I loved the way Kate pronounced his name: FRANCOOO

That scene is one of the best ever.
OMG! It was amazing.

You know what sucked though? I never got to see what happened after that until years later. That episode aired the Friday before Labor Day and we had a horrific storm on Labor Day 1998. They never classified it as a tornado but I know it was. I looked outside my house and I swear I saw a tornado. It caught everyone off guard because we live in Central New York. No one had power for at least 5 days. Schools opened a week or two later then normal. It was chaos and I missed the aftermath of Lucas shooting Franco, never saw his car accident with Will, etc. That was the least of my concerns at the time but once things settled, I was pissed when I tuned in and felt like I missed a month. Thankfully, someone sent me the episodes but not until years later LOL.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 18 2008, 10:30 PM
OMG! It was amazing.

You know what sucked though? I never got to see what happened after that until years later. That episode aired the Friday before Labor Day and we had a horrific storm on Labor Day 1998. They never classified it as a tornado but I know it was. I looked outside my house and I swear I saw a tornado. It caught everyone off guard because we live in Central New York. No one had power for at least 5 days. Schools opened a week or two later then normal. It was chaos and I missed the aftermath of Lucas shooting Franco, never saw his car accident with Will, etc. That was the least of my concerns at the time but once things settled, I was pissed when I tuned in and felt like I missed a month. Thankfully, someone sent me the episodes but not until years later LOL.
Oh, that was good stuff!

I loved Kate scooting Sami's big butt across the floor and putting the gun in her hand, wiping off the fire poker, etc. LoL. So good! I also recall LOVING the peach colored dress that Lauren Koslow wore in those episodes -- it complimented her body very well.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I HATED that dress LOL.

That was such a great cliffhanger though. I think Bo/Greta had a cliffhanger too. They were flirting with the idea of her being Hope and she had a memory of being in the cage above the acid. I remember thinking, "Oh shit, she's Hope!" They had that cliffhanger and then Franco being shot dead and not revealing who did it until Monday. Loved that.

That Monday ended up being good (once I saw it) too. I think Lucas and Will got in the car accident in that episode.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 18 2008, 10:45 PM
I loved Kate scooting Sami's big butt across the floor and putting the gun in her hand, wiping off the fire poker, etc. LoL. So good!
Something about the way you described those scenes just made me laugh out loud!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Friday
Daniel and Chloe's intimate moment is interrupted by Daniel's cellphone; Sami is upset that she is not celebrating New Year's with her family.

Mason
Member Avatar

Oh, cry me a fucking river, Sami.

On second thought, don't. I've had enough of that from you for TWO lifetimes.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Mason
Dec 19 2008, 11:12 PM

If I never see her scrunch up that face in her all-too-accurate imitation of a toddler who's stayed up long past her bedtime which is supposed to show us how deeply emotionally troubled she is but fails miserably, it will be too soon.

peaches179

Paxton
Dec 20 2008, 12:09 AM
Mason

If I never see her scrunch up that face in her all-too-accurate imitation of a toddler who's stayed up long past her bedtime which is supposed to show us how deeply emotionally troubled she is but fails miserably, it will be too soon.

LOL! Watching Sami cry is painful!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

And she cries when she doesn't whine or yell. Except for those rare almost touching moments with Hilda.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Oh PLEASE keep Melanie as far from Brady as possible.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

peaches179
Dec 20 2008, 09:08 AM
Paxton
Dec 20 2008, 12:09 AM
Mason

LOL! Watching Sami cry is painful!
I HATE that face she makes when crying too! Has Ali ever looked in the mirror or watched the show to see what she looks like when she does that?!?!? It is horrible.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Dec 20 2008, 03:23 PM
Now come on. Melanie's barely made the rounds yet. She's only been involved with one half-assed couple...Nick, and that was pretty one sided on poor Nick's side. Besides, this could STILL lead up to a mother-daughter conflict with Nicole, fighting over Brady after poor Nicole loses EJ (What the HELL am I saying? I didn't mean it, writers! Whatever Days person is lurking here............I didn't mean it!!!)

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Dec 20 2008, 08:52 PM
JohnandMarlenaFreak
Dec 20 2008, 03:23 PM
Now come on. Melanie's barely made the rounds yet. She's only been involved with one half-assed couple...Nick, and that was pretty one sided on poor Nick's side. Besides, this could STILL lead up to a mother-daughter conflict with Nicole, fighting over Brady after poor Nicole loses EJ (What the HELL am I saying? I didn't mean it, writers! Whatever Days person is lurking here............I didn't mean it!!!)
I don't think Melanie and Nicole fighting over Brady, but I would make me laugh if Nicole ended up working with Melanie at Titan.

biggirl79

How is Max and Chelsea hooking up if that is BO'S STEP BROTHER? That is the craziest thing I have ever seen on here. Not to forget that Steph is her best friend.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply