Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Post-holiday scoops! UPDATE 12-26; Update on pages 5, 9 and 11
Topic Started: Dec 14 2008, 12:45 PM (16,754 Views)
mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for the scoops OBK. :smooch:

I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Dan leaves town soon. He's just so creepy lately (more than usual). I wonder if SC leaves if they try and salvage Luloe.

As far as Sami & Nicole, I'll be shocked if it's as simple as Sami with her own baby and Nicole with her own adopted baby. There must be a switch in there at some point.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

phloeishot
Member Avatar

I think Lucloe is done. NB and BD just don't have any chemistry. Nadia has more chemistry with Ari.

Ari and Nadia are both NBC exec favs, so I don't see either of them leaving the show anytime soon.

Others like MB and SH, not so much.

ginababe
BANNED

^^ I beg to differ, if Dee and Drake can get walking papers, then anyone can.. NO ONE is safe.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

ginababe
Dec 26 2008, 07:53 PM
^^ I beg to differ, if Dee and Drake can get walking papers, then anyone can.. NO ONE is safe.
Good point. I wonder where it was written that Nadia and Ari were exec favorites. Not that I would doubt it or not doubt it, but unless I've seen it in print by SOD or someplace like that, I take comments like that with a grain of salt. And yes, no one is safe.

ginababe
BANNED

^^ I think they are more "director favorites" rather then "executive favorites" there is a HUGE difference, LOL!

marisol40

Actually I think Nicole is a Higley favorite. She did bring her back. As for Nadia being a favorite, I believe she is a favorite of Corday's. While not naming any names, Nadia did say in one of her interviews that the show kept calling and calling for her to come back. Corday always has said very favorable things about Nadia.

I really think the issues with Dee and Drake was more about the salaries that they command and not that they weren't favorites. These two are the pillars of Days and adored by the masses. If it wasn't a financial decison, then what else could it have been?
Edited by marisol40, Dec 26 2008, 08:01 PM.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

Well I got this info about them being favorites of the execs at NBC from an insider source. ;)

The main reason Drake and Deidre were let go was because of budget issues. The vets cost more to keep on the show than the younger cast, which is why they're getting the front burner storylines.

Unfortunately I could see either KBE and SN or TP and LH being let go. It doesn't seem as thought Dena either wants to or is allowed to write story for them. If they don't let them go I assume they'll have to take major paycuts to stay on.

jane1978

phloeishot
Dec 26 2008, 07:46 PM
I think Lucloe is done. NB and BD just don't have any chemistry. Nadia has more chemistry with Ari.

Ari and Nadia are both NBC exec favs, so I don't see either of them leaving the show anytime soon.

Others like MB and SH, not so much.
Ok, this is the first time I ever heard Nadia is a NBC exec fav. Ali for sure, she is a host of one of the few succesfull primetime shows NBC has, but Nadia?

As for MB and SH I know you donīt like them, but Shelley is always talking about how lucky she is to be a part of DAYS so she probably has minimum demands and Molly is a rookie who works everytime anytime for a minimum pay and already turned the character into her own so I donīt see any reason why the show should want to fire them. It can happen of course, especially if DAYS decides to go through another TPTB changes, but I think their jobs are relatively safe at the moment.

esp13
Member Avatar

I would think that if the past year has taught any of us anything it's that being somebody's "favorite" is no guarantee of anything. Shelle were supposed to be Corday's pet project and they were written off. The DH's were supposed to be untouchable (or at least Dee Hall was) and they were fired. Higley said that good things were coming for Nick and it turned out that he became a psycho.

I don't know if Nadia is a favorite of somebody or not. But even if there were outright declarations of Nadia love in every soap magazine and website, I still wouldn't believe she was safe. Nobody is anymore. That doesn't mean that I think she's going anywhere, just that I don't take the "favorite" thing as any kind of guarantee at all.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

esp13
Dec 26 2008, 08:09 PM
I would think that if the past year has taught any of us anything it's that being somebody's "favorite" is no guarantee of anything. Shelle were supposed to be Corday's pet project and they were written off. The DH's were supposed to be untouchable (or at least Dee Hall was) and they were fired. Higley said that good things were coming for Nick and it turned out that he became a psycho.

I don't know if Nadia is a favorite of somebody or not. But even if there were outright declarations of Nadia love in every soap magazine and website, I still wouldn't believe she was safe. Nobody is anymore. That doesn't mean that I think she's going anywhere, just that I don't take the "favorite" thing as any kind of guarantee at all.
:applause:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

phloeishot
Dec 26 2008, 08:03 PM
Well I got this info about them being favorites of the execs at NBC from an insider source. ;)

The main reason Drake and Deidre were let go was because of budget issues. The vets cost more to keep on the show than the younger cast, which is why they're getting the front burner storylines.

Unfortunately I could see either KBE and SN or TP and LH being let go. It doesn't seem as thought Dena either wants to or is allowed to write story for them. If they don't let them go I assume they'll have to take major paycuts to stay on.
Did this insider source interview every NBC executive? OK, I"ll stop.
:P
Yes, D&D were part of a budget cut, but no one thought they'd be cut. No one thought they'd cut the people they did in the 90's, either. No one thought they'd play games with JKJ or that some actor was allowed to rewrite his/her scenes.

jane1978

esp13
Dec 26 2008, 08:09 PM

Exactly. The exec are very fickle and lie all the time. They say the like you one day and day after stab you in the back. And most of them hate actors, especially the demanding ones. Nothing makes the exec more happy than kick some fallen star hard into the ass.

ginababe
BANNED

ladyofthelake
Dec 26 2008, 08:15 PM
phloeishot

Did this insider source interview every NBC executive? OK, I"ll stop.
:P
Yes, D&D were part of a budget cut, but no one thought they'd be cut. No one thought they'd cut the people they did in the 90's, either. No one thought they'd play games with JKJ or that some actor was allowed to rewrite his/her scenes.
I have "inside sources" too..Wait, do the voices in my head count as "Inside sources"?

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Are you all making fun of me? :frown:

cjknick
Member Avatar

phloeishot

You would think that AS is one of NBC execs favorite since she is hosting TBL! LH is not on contract but Isuppose if TP is let go she wouldn't be needed anymore .... I agree that MBE and SN aren't being used much and may be next to fall because of budget.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Does anyone have any inside source information on James Scott's contract negotiations???

ginababe
BANNED

OneBadKitty
Dec 26 2008, 08:51 PM
No, no, not you!! Your sources are legit, you have proven that. It's just some people over use the term "inside sources" to make people believe what they are saying. I was not making fun of you at all. :hug:
Edited by ginababe, Dec 26 2008, 09:28 PM.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

ginababe
Dec 26 2008, 09:28 PM
OneBadKitty
No, no, not you!! Your sources are legit, you have proven that. It's just some people over use the term "inside sources" to make people believe what they are saying. I was not making fun of you at all. :hug:
Oh, okay. Thanks for explaining. I really thought you meant me too. :scared:

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

Thanks OBK for spreading the 'good' news, I think? Your insights, while always accurate, are sometimes unsettling for some. ugh.

Can you reverse the flow of information and let them know how we feel?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

OneBadKitty
No sweetheart. Your stuff comes true, and you're sharing for the benefit of all of us. I'm sorry my post came across as so sarcastic. :$ Sometimes I aim my barbs at one place and hit someelse instead. :smooch:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply