Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Post-holiday scoops! UPDATE 12-26; Update on pages 5, 9 and 11
Topic Started: Dec 14 2008, 12:45 PM (16,963 Views)
Nicole Walker

At least we are getting somewhere!! Can't wait to see Nicole with her baby!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

angelatil
Member Avatar

I really do not know what is going on with Days. They are mixing up all the characters and just...they are wanting to get viewers and so I guess their way of doing that is to p*ss off all of the fan bases? Not like one or two but ALL of them it seems like. I am sure that makes sense in la-la land to the royal TPTB on that show.......but apparently I am just a lowly fan peasant serf that has been watching the show almost 20 years, so what the hell do I really know? :(

I would like to put my two cents in on the Daniel character and Shawn Christian, as I keep hearing him and Daniel being bashed for months now and I am just tired of it. I am not trying to start any kind of war by saying this but I have listened to everyone else's opinions without saying anything and I just feel the need to express mine. I know some of you may not agree but that is ok...at least I feel better saying this.

I personally like Shawn Christian and I like Daniel. I think Shawn has done an awesome job of playing Daniel. Shawn seems to really know his character and you can tell he knows his character in interviews and the way he portrays his character. Also, HOW he has Daniel interact with the rest of the cast, with Chelsea, with Kate, with Chloe, with Lexie, with Bo, with Victor, with Lucas and everyone else whom he acted with. To me, each cast, each character got their own "attention" and he just knew how much or how little to play to that character. I think Shawn did an awesome job with that and I would like to see more of him in the future so I hope he stays. As for Daniel himself, the reason why I like Daniel is because he does have issues. Lord knows I have met many men that have issues like he does, may be not the exact same issues, but issues none-the-less. I have dated guys that have issues with a past wife or fiancee or girlfriend and so why should he be any different? Everyone has a different way of dealing with issues and like he told Marlena, he would rather "surf than deal". Also, dealing with his problems by going from one person to the next. Please, I have known people like that so to me, his story is real and I know it is to many others too. Yes he has other issues besides just with his wife, he may have an issue with illness and with patients, who knows, but I would like to find out more why that is, if that is the case.

To me, keeping Shawn Christian on the show would be an asset because one, he can act. I liked his scenes with Lexie and Victor and other cast and especially with Rachel Melvin. I admit I am a Daniel and Chelsea fan, and I really do think him and Rachel just have a natural chemistry with each other and I am not sure what the show is thinking not having in the same room acting in some fashion, whether it is romantic or not, but that is MY opinion.
And two, he is hot. Please don't tell me you guys did not like the scenes with him in a towel and bedroom scene, or even more recent, in swimming trunks and the scene with him on the bed with shirt open. Forget about who was with him in the bedroom and towel scenes, because that is what most seem to fixate on, who he was with, but just him, by himself, I thought he was HOT. But even if some does not think he is "hot" per say, you can not tell me that he is bad to look at at all.

So I sincerely hope they do keep him. You guys might not like the doc and think of him as "creepy"....I personally don't think he is creepy as much as he has issues, like I mentioned above. I would like to think the show would try to have Daniel figure them out and also have him really figure out who he is supposed to be with. Of course I am rooting for Daniel and Chelsea as they are made for each other and Shawn and Rachel are just awesome at playing these characters. Some of you on here may not agree with me while others are totally on board with me but still...this is MY opinion. Days would do well with keeping Shawn on board!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

angelatil
Dec 27 2008, 10:39 AM

So I sincerely hope they do keep him. You guys might not like the doc and think of him as "creepy"....I personally don't think he is creepy as much as he has issues, like I mentioned above. I would like to think the show would try to have Daniel figure them out and also have him really figure out who he is supposed to be with. Of course I am rooting for Daniel and Chelsea as they are made for each other and Shawn and Rachel are just awesome at playing these characters. Some of you on here may not agree with me while others are totally on board with me but still...this is MY opinion. Days would do well with keeping Shawn on board!

Then the writers need to address those issues. I've said that myself. Daniel would be a lot more intriguing if they would address the obvious issue that he has a psychological problem with sick women. As it is, the current writing makes him come across as a creep. As a Shawn Christiansen fan, wouldn't you want better for this actor?
As for the Daniel and Chelsea part, well, I know this couple has had its fans, but it's been pretty obvious, at least in the Internet, that there have been people totally turned off to this. And PART of the reason was that he pretty well was attracted to her when she was at her weakest. For a lot of people, it had nothing to do with the age factor. And, I'm not quite sure how those two are "made for each other", except the writers can make them for each other however they want to be.
This is a character that was brand new and could be molded. He had the background of being Victor's godson, which gave him a sort of family connection, which helps with new characters. However, the writers gave most of us no reason to want to root for him. First he came on as Super SurferDudeDoc, which was a little too much. Then, the whole Chelsea thing, all the time, while he was flirting with Lexie (weakness there...her issues with her marriage). Then, they threw in the one night stand with Kate. Then, he was with Kate and Chelsea finds out while in her teddy. Then, he's suddenly doing this very skeevish exam of Chloe. Not a very rootable guy, at least, until the writers give us insight of WHY we should root for him.

kelligapeach

angelatil
Dec 27 2008, 10:39 AM
I really do not know what is going on with Days. They are mixing up all the characters and just...they are wanting to get viewers and so I guess their way of doing that is to p*ss off all of the fan bases? Not like one or two but ALL of them it seems like. I am sure that makes sense in la-la land to the royal TPTB on that show.......but apparently I am just a lowly fan peasant serf that has been watching the show almost 20 years, so what the hell do I really know? :(

I would like to put my two cents in on the Daniel character and Shawn Christian, as I keep hearing him and Daniel being bashed for months now and I am just tired of it. I am not trying to start any kind of war by saying this but I have listened to everyone else's opinions without saying anything and I just feel the need to express mine. I know some of you may not agree but that is ok...at least I feel better saying this.

I personally like Shawn Christian and I like Daniel. I think Shawn has done an awesome job of playing Daniel. Shawn seems to really know his character and you can tell he knows his character in interviews and the way he portrays his character. Also, HOW he has Daniel interact with the rest of the cast, with Chelsea, with Kate, with Chloe, with Lexie, with Bo, with Victor, with Lucas and everyone else whom he acted with. To me, each cast, each character got their own "attention" and he just knew how much or how little to play to that character. I think Shawn did an awesome job with that and I would like to see more of him in the future so I hope he stays. As for Daniel himself, the reason why I like Daniel is because he does have issues. Lord knows I have met many men that have issues like he does, may be not the exact same issues, but issues none-the-less. I have dated guys that have issues with a past wife or fiancee or girlfriend and so why should he be any different? Everyone has a different way of dealing with issues and like he told Marlena, he would rather "surf than deal". Also, dealing with his problems by going from one person to the next. Please, I have known people like that so to me, his story is real and I know it is to many others too. Yes he has other issues besides just with his wife, he may have an issue with illness and with patients, who knows, but I would like to find out more why that is, if that is the case.

To me, keeping Shawn Christian on the show would be an asset because one, he can act. I liked his scenes with Lexie and Victor and other cast and especially with Rachel Melvin. I admit I am a Daniel and Chelsea fan, and I really do think him and Rachel just have a natural chemistry with each other and I am not sure what the show is thinking not having in the same room acting in some fashion, whether it is romantic or not, but that is MY opinion.
And two, he is hot. Please don't tell me you guys did not like the scenes with him in a towel and bedroom scene, or even more recent, in swimming trunks and the scene with him on the bed with shirt open. Forget about who was with him in the bedroom and towel scenes, because that is what most seem to fixate on, who he was with, but just him, by himself, I thought he was HOT. But even if some does not think he is "hot" per say, you can not tell me that he is bad to look at at all.

Angelatil, I couldn't agree more with your post! I love Shawn Christian and what he has brought to the show and YES, the man can act! He's been amazing. He is fresh, fun and well, certainly VERY handsome! I will agree with you also that he has the best chemistry with Rachel Melvin. They both bring their A' games and more when they are together, it is not a forced pairing at all. They are natural together! Personally, they are the reason I'm such a fan of the show! I've been a Days watcher for 20 years and this is the very first time I have ever jumped on to give my 2 cents about anything, but it is because I just adore Daniel and Chelsea and I know what they have could be really wonderful for Days! Yes, why are they keeping them apart, I believe its just to work the drama!!
I hope SC stays on Days, I think the writers need to address some of his problems and play that side of him out. No one character on Days is perfect, they all have flaws and issues and I want Daniel to work thru his issues. Days would do well with Keeping Shawn on board- Amen to that!! ;)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

So, why do you two think they're naturals for each other?

ginababe
BANNED

I have to get my kicks where I can get them, and on this show, the opportunity seems to be waning, so I am going to enjoy Daniel and Chloe for the brief period they are on, I fear that will not be for much longer, but I'm going to enjoy them while I can :)

Emma Frost
Member Avatar

I still wished they had tried out a Daniel and Lexie pairing. I thought they would have been an interesting couple. Plus, it has been almost, what, 2 years since Lexie's last affair? She is due!!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Emma Frost
Dec 27 2008, 07:49 PM
I still wished they had tried out a Daniel and Lexie pairing. I thought they would have been an interesting couple. Plus, it has been almost, what, 2 years since Lexie's last affair? She is due!!
Now, I agree with this. The hints of that happened before Daniel's character really started getting ruined, and it made more sense....two colleagues working together, Lexie vulnerable about her marriage and confining to Daniel, til one thing led to another.

Deleted User
Deleted User

ladyofthelake
Dec 27 2008, 09:12 PM
Emma Frost
Dec 27 2008, 07:49 PM
Now, I agree with this. The hints of that happened before Daniel's character really started getting ruined, and it made more sense....two colleagues working together, Lexie vulnerable about her marriage and confining to Daniel, til one thing led to another.
I wanted them together too. They could have been damn hot and should have been the last nail in the coffin of boring Abe and Lexie. Hell, I wish they would have used Daniel as a means of starting a sex addict story for Lexie. Renee Jones would have rocked it.
Quote Post Goto Top

carlypvee

I don't post that often but wanted to say thank you, OneBadKitty. I always appreciate and look forward to your scoops. :thankyou:

Daytime
Member Avatar

Amello
Dec 27 2008, 09:14 PM
ladyofthelake
Dec 27 2008, 09:12 PM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
I wanted them together too. They could have been damn hot and should have been the last nail in the coffin of boring Abe and Lexie. Hell, I wish they would have used Daniel as a means of starting a sex addict story for Lexie. Renee Jones would have rocked it.
I agree with this.......I don't know about a full out pairing though, but a love scene with those two would have been HOT!!!

Cookala

Nicole Dimera
Dec 26 2008, 11:45 PM
At least we are getting somewhere!! Can't wait to see Nicole with her baby!!
Which baby? The one she steals or the one she buys? :laugh:

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Well we will definitely see Nicole with SOMEONE'S baby! :popcorn:

Alligato
Member Avatar

I know it is a shitty story, but I am kind of hoping that Sami gives the baby to the orphanage and Nicole gets it
...because that would cause all kinds of trouble/drama for Sami/Nicole...and EJ is smack in the middle...totally pissed at Sami for giving up his baby to hide from him (even if she says it was for a little while) and pissed at Nicole for trying to trick him into believing their baby lived.

I do get sick thinking about the Sami drama of having such a "slut like Nicole" raising her kid, and the ensuing custody trial that will follow, but for a pretty interesting story, I would like to see the UNKNOWING baby switch.

Thanks for the good, OBK! I am so glad this fake pregnancy thing is wrapping up!!!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Alligato
Dec 29 2008, 06:31 PM
I know it is a shitty story, but I am kind of hoping that Sami gives the baby to the orphanage and Nicole gets it
...because that would cause all kinds of trouble/drama for Sami/Nicole...and EJ is smack in the middle...totally pissed at Sami for giving up his baby to hide from him (even if she says it was for a little while) and pissed at Nicole for trying to trick him into believing their baby lived.

I do get sick thinking about the Sami drama of having such a "slut like Nicole" raising her kid, and the ensuing custody trial that will follow, but for a pretty interesting story, I would like to see the UNKNOWING baby switch.

Thanks for the good, OBK! I am so glad this fake pregnancy thing is wrapping up!!!
Me, too. I just hope I'm happy with the resolution. I don't expect Nicole to "win" in the end, but if EJ comes crawling back to Sami because of a baby, that will really de-ball him. And, if they call having the sweevil EJ back just because he throws Nicole out, but he still crawls back to Sami, well................

I think I'm starting to like the thought of Nicole and Eric together more and more. :D I think EJ needs to be alone for a while and really be a DiMera, sort of like Stefano when Marlena spurned his advances.

Nicole Walker

They really should have hooked Daniel up with Lexie. I swear Shawn and Renee would be hot.

Nicole Walker

"Which baby? The one she steals or the one she buys?"

Either one, I can't wait to see her get a baby. LOL.

Emma Frost
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Dec 29 2008, 08:47 PM

Why? I'm sorry but giving a baby to Nicole is so against her nature. She was great when she was snotty, drunk and her own person. Now, with this whole baby debacle she has become completely whiney, annoying and insecure.

Just out of curiosity, do you want her to have a baby to solely keep her with EJ?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Emma Frost
Dec 29 2008, 09:12 PM
Nicole Dimera
Dec 29 2008, 08:47 PM

Why? I'm sorry but giving a baby to Nicole is so against her nature. She was great when she was snotty, drunk and her own person. Now, with this whole baby debacle she has become completely whiney, annoying and insecure.

Just out of curiosity, do you want her to have a baby to solely keep her with EJ?
Actually, for me, I kind of enjoyed that maternal side to her, and sometimes, wished she had shown him the door. There's no reason why, with good writing, Nicole can't be snarky AND a good mom. The drunkenness, of course, wouldn't be good, but why does Nicole need to be drunk to be enjoyable? For me, one of her best is when she's snarking on people and calling them on their shit. Her one-liners are awesome.

This Nicole wanting a baby to keep a man is sad. Nicole having a baby and seeing it as a new lease on life and a way to get her act together? Love it.

Nicole Walker

"Just out of curiosity, do you want her to have a baby to solely keep her with EJ? "

No, that's not why at all infact I never mention EJ when I talk about Nicole having a baby. I want her to have a child cause it's what she wants and I loved seeing her as a pregnant mother and I loved the good qualities this baby brought out of her. HOw can I not root for her to have something that meant so much to her? I love Nicole and I do hope she gets her chance to be a mother whether she's with EJ or not. Bottom line for me is that I want Nicole to have the child she should have had. It's time to grow up. People grow up and want new things in life. NIcole is at that stage where she should be thinking about having a family.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Dec 29 2008, 10:29 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply