Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Post-holiday scoops! UPDATE 12-26; Update on pages 5, 9 and 11
Topic Started: Dec 14 2008, 12:45 PM (17,061 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Nicole Dimera
Dec 29 2008, 10:28 PM
"Just out of curiosity, do you want her to have a baby to solely keep her with EJ? "

No, that's not why at all infact I never mention EJ when I talk about Nicole having a baby. I want her to have a child cause it's what she wants and I loved seeing her as a pregnant mother and I loved the good qualities this baby brought out of her. HOw can I not root for her to have something that meant so much to her? I love Nicole and I do hope she gets her chance to be a mother whether she's with EJ or not. Bottom line for me is that I want Nicole to have the child she should have had. It's time to grow up. People grow up and want new things in life. NIcole is at that stage where she should be thinking about having a family.
:applause:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Emma Frost
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
"Just out of curiosity, do you want her to have a baby to solely keep her with EJ? "

No, that's not why at all infact I never mention EJ when I talk about Nicole having a baby. I want her to have a child cause it's what she wants and I loved seeing her as a pregnant mother and I loved the good qualities this baby brought out of her. HOw can I not root for her to have something that meant so much to her? I love Nicole and I do hope she gets her chance to be a mother whether she's with EJ or not. Bottom line for me is that I want Nicole to have the child she should have had. It's time to grow up. People grow up and want new things in life. NIcole is at that stage where she should be thinking about having a family.
I'm sorry, and this is just from my point-of-view, of course, but Nicole doesn't seem to really want a baby but more along the lines of she wants what the baby can give her. To her, the baby is the fast track to money, power and EJ. She is now at the point of any baby will be fine. Not because she is so desperate to have the love of a baby but because she is so desperate to keep EJ and everything EJ gives her. I really find it sad and I can't even bring myself to watch it any more, I really did try.

I guess my whole point is that maybe if she can get past this whole baby nonsense the fun, snarky and funny Nicole will return. Instead, pending motherhood has made into the person she currently is, which I don't enjoy at all. And I just don't understand why some want her to be mother so badly. Eh, different opinions I guess.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I just don't get why some people only see that Nicole wants a baby for money and power...but different opinions I guess.

I do feel that Nicole can't tell EJ about the baby because she doesn't want to lose him and the love that he is showering on her and the attention that he gives to her. She hasn't had that in a long time, and I think she loves having the love of a man. It's selfish, yes.
The only time she has asked him for money was when she was being blackmailed by Dr. Baker.

The other side is that Nicole lost her baby, and it affected her more than she thought it would. She fell in love with that child, and she is grieving still. Very common, and you can see it espeically today when she was talking to Jill. She wanted to experience motherhood, and to have the unconditional love of a baby...

Nicole would have been a joke of a character if all she was was the bumbling drunk town idiot who got wasted everyday so she could tell people off. It is nice to see her evolve, but still keep her edge. She is/was still street smart, protective and snarky. Definitely not a good girl, but it is nice to see her soft side when it came to her baby.

If baddies like Vic and Stefano and EJ can be hard asses, yet soft with their kids, why can't Nicole?

I know she will lose EJ, but I don't see her losing who she is, even if it is her and a baby. She will still be tough, fun and snarky...we just have to get past her grieving and desperation.

ginababe
BANNED

Emma Frost
Dec 29 2008, 10:43 PM
Nicole Dimera

I'm sorry, and this is just from my point-of-view, of course, but Nicole doesn't seem to really want a baby but more along the lines of she wants what the baby can give her. To her, the baby is the fast track to money, power and EJ. She is now at the point of any baby will be fine. Not because she is so desperate to have the love of a baby but because she is so desperate to keep EJ and everything EJ gives her. I really find it sad and I can't even bring myself to watch it any more, I really did try.

I guess my whole point is that maybe if she can get past this whole baby nonsense the fun, snarky and funny Nicole will return. Instead, pending motherhood has made into the person she currently is, which I don't enjoy at all. And I just don't understand why some want her to be mother so badly. Eh, different opinions I guess.
I agree, that's what I see too. I used to think Nicole was sincere, the more she gets into this, and the deeper a whole she digs her self, it seems she is just about maintaining her current lifestyle.

Nicole Walker

Quote:

I just don't get why some people only see that Nicole wants a baby for money and power...but different opinions I guess.

I do feel that Nicole can't tell EJ about the baby because she doesn't want to lose him and the love that he is showering on her and the attention that he gives to her. She hasn't had that in a long time, and I think she loves having the love of a man. It's selfish, yes.
The only time she has asked him for money was when she was being blackmailed by Dr. Baker.

The other side is that Nicole lost her baby, and it affected her more than she thought it would. She fell in love with that child, and she is grieving still. Very common, and you can see it espeically today when she was talking to Jill. She wanted to experience motherhood, and to have the unconditional love of a baby...

Nicole would have been a joke of a character if all she was was the bumbling drunk town idiot who got wasted everyday so she could tell people off. It is nice to see her evolve, but still keep her edge. She is/was still street smart, protective and snarky. Definitely not a good girl, but it is nice to see her soft side when it came to her baby.

If baddies like Vic and Stefano and EJ can be hard asses, yet soft with their kids, why can't Nicole?

You are absolutely right! There is no doubt that Nicole is hurt over losing this baby and is trying to find a way to fill that void and keep the dream of having a family with EJ alive. I don't think the show could be any clearer.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Dec 29 2008, 11:22 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Emma Frost
And I just don't understand why some want her to be mother so badly. Eh, different opinions I guess.
Like you say, different opinions. I have no clue why people wanted Sami to have her fourth child yet some did, because they thought it would strengthen EJami. I don't think it's irrational for some people to want Nicole to have a baby because of the extra layer of complexity it gives her. I completely agree with Alligato that Victor and EJ are allowed to be hardasses yet have soft spots and genuine love for their children, so why not Nicole? Victor doesn't love money and power any less than Nicole does, and I don't think loving a child and loving money and power are necessarily mutually exclusive. They can co-exist and I don't see why with Nicole it has to be either/or any more than it would with anyone else.

As for me, I don't really care one way or the other whether Nicole becomes a mother. I love EJ and Nicole together but I never was excited about an EJole baby as some plot device to hold them together. If Nicole had never gotten pregnant that would have been fine with me.
Edited by Paxton, Dec 29 2008, 11:34 PM.

King
Member Avatar

Thanks for the scoops, OBK. I just read the updates!

I think it sounds good. I am looking forward to it.

I really don't foresee Rafe lasting long.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Dec 29 2008, 08:45 PM
They really should have hooked Daniel up with Lexie. I swear Shawn and Renee would be hot.
As a Lexie fan I would have hated to see that.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Alligato
Dec 29 2008, 10:59 PM

I
Whoohoo!! You go, girl!!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Paxton
Dec 29 2008, 11:33 PM
Emma Frost
And I just don't understand why some want her to be mother so badly. Eh, different opinions I guess.
Like you say, different opinions. I have no clue why people wanted Sami to have her fourth child yet some did, because they thought it would strengthen EJami. I don't think it's irrational for some people to want Nicole to have a baby because of the extra layer of complexity it gives her. I completely agree with Alligato that Victor and EJ are allowed to be hardasses yet have soft spots and genuine love for their children, so why not Nicole? Victor doesn't love money and power any less than Nicole does, and I don't think loving a child and loving money and power are necessarily mutually exclusive. They can co-exist and I don't see why with Nicole it has to be either/or any more than it would with anyone else.

As for me, I don't really care one way or the other whether Nicole becomes a mother. I love EJ and Nicole together but I never was excited about an EJole baby as some plot device to hold them together. If Nicole had never gotten pregnant that would have been fine with me.
The thing is about people claiming Nicole is in it for the money, didn't they have past episodes where it was pretty well established she was in love with EJ for being in love with EJ, even before the pregnancy popped up? Someone unbiased please jog my memory. :D She kept putting him off sexually otherwise. (that's not a Nicole thing). She didn't try to trick him into the pregnancy because she didn't think she could get pregnant. She's after money only to blackmail Dr. Whatsis except she's afraid she's going to lose Prince Charming, the first guy since who-Eric or Brady-that loves her for her, or at least, appears to. She's been very insecure about Sami. If she didn't give a flying flip whether EJ loved her or not, that wouldn't be an issue.
I really think they're writing her (and Ari is portraying her) as being nuanced, with the snarky still there as she's finding for her white picket fence.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Nicole did not set out to use her pregnancy or her baby to trap EJ. She wanted him to be a part of their lives, obviously, but if he had said no, Nicole would have dealt with it (although I'm sure she would have made certain to get those child support payments!).

Nicole wanted this baby for itself, wanted to be a mother, and saw this as an absolute miracle and something she never thought would happen. It did bring a softness to her and I loved her maternal instinct coming out.

But it didn't stop her from being Nicole. I could very much see her like a mother lion roaring and snarling at anyone who crosses her path or tries to hurt her precious baby. She can still be funny and witty and snarky and just as enjoyable as she's always been - her baby would have simply added another interesting layer to her.

It still pisses me off that she miscarried and that she will never be able to have another baby. She wanted it so badly and AZ has made it painful to watch her processing this loss.
Edited by Sariah, Dec 30 2008, 08:52 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Sariah
Dec 30 2008, 08:52 PM
Nicole did not set out to use her pregnancy or her baby to trap EJ. She wanted him to be a part of their lives, obviously, but if he had said no, Nicole would have dealt with it (although I'm sure she would have made certain to get those child support payments!).

Nicole wanted this baby for itself, wanted to be a mother, and saw this as an absolute miracle and something she never thought would happen. It did bring a softness to her and I loved her maternal instinct coming out.

But it didn't stop her from being Nicole. I could very much see her like a mother lion roaring and snarling at anyone who crosses her path or tries to hurt her precious baby. She can still be funny and witty and snarky and just as enjoyable as she's always been - her baby would have simply added another interesting layer to her.

It still pisses me off that she miscarried and that she will never be able to have another baby. She wanted it so badly and AZ has made it painful to watch her processing this loss.
I would definitely have to agree with this. Very good assessment!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Dec 30 2008, 08:54 PM
Sariah
Dec 30 2008, 08:52 PM

I would definitely have to agree with this. Very good assessment!
I sooo agree!
Why is it that other characters can grow and have different priorities yet Nicole has to be stagnant? She didn't think kids were part of her life, but having this unexpected miracle and losing it, well it changes people's perspective on life.
Nicole still wants it all (and is willing to break the rules to get it), but now its with a little girl!
Liz

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply