Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Home Improvement
Topic Started: Dec 15 2008, 09:09 PM (2,435 Views)
☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Some discussion about this show started last week. I absolutely adore this show. Like many other sitcoms, its got a great sense of family life. As an added bonus, its absolutely hysterical.

Here is one of my fav inventions by Tim:

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Scott
Member Avatar

I love this show!!! I was soooo sad when it ended and I was sad to hear the man who played Wilson passed away.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

You should really watch the Behind The Scenes. Also available on YouTube. It provides great insight on the show from day one. Its around 90 minutes long.

Scott
Member Avatar

I've seen bits and pieces of it.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

I loved this show. JTT was also my first major celebrity crush, lol!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

JTT was a cutie. I loved the way they always made him the odd man out ... it gave him a more center-ly role, IMO.

Scott
Member Avatar

JTT really was a great find for HI...I miss this show.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

If they decided to do a new generation of this show, I'd be thrilled. It would work so well in this case, too! They could focus on the university life of the boys, and life in Indiana.

Scott
Member Avatar

I would love to see something focused on the youngest son, whose name I'm drawing a blank on right now.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

MARK!

Scott
Member Avatar

yes!!!!!! Taran Smith or something like that played him...I would love to see a show focus on his character.

~bl~
Member Avatar

Home Improvement had one of my favorite holidays episodes ever--the year the family went to church at Christmas and the little boys (Mark was in the group) sang together. The highlight was seeing the boys line up and instead of it saying NOEL...they spelled LEON. :)

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I liked the Christmas eppy where Randy came home from school. The guys were decorating the rooftop for the annual residential competition. That was also the same show where Randy was basically shut out. They treated him like absolute shit -totally ignoring him.

If you watch the EW-BTS, you'll actually see that because of the way his character was treated in his return in that episode, he decided to turn away from this show altogether.

Scott
Member Avatar

I like that episode too but it was sad that it happened the way it did.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Oh yeah! If its true that they strategically made Randy out to be an outsider in this episode, that really does suck and is low. I can't blame JTT one bit for screwing them over for the finale.

Scott
Member Avatar

Definitely not...i really do miss this show!! i need to find a rerun somewhere.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

^ Rerun of any episode in specific? Many are available on YouTube but are hard to search because the titles have been set differently.

Scott
Member Avatar

nope any of them would be awesome.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

The last episode is definitely there. I found that through searching "The Long Winding Road". I know that "Man's Bathroom", "Randy Returns for Christmas", and "Dead Weight" are also there. If there's a specific one you have in mind, I'll be able to check how I found it.

Scott
Member Avatar

Wasn't there and episode early in the last season where they go camping and Tim reveals that he bought a house or something like that?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply