Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Family Matters
Topic Started: Dec 15 2008, 09:14 PM (3,309 Views)
Scott
Member Avatar

I demand a reunion!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Scott
Feb 8 2009, 09:34 AM
I demand a reunion!!!
While I feel the finale was not very conclusive, I'm not too fond of the concept of a reunion for this show. It was a good show, but I find it got duller in the later seasons. The focus shifted off many characters and centered on Laura mostly.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

I really thought they went above and beyond with all the Jaleel White characters on that show. It was just not my cup of tea in the later seasons. But who didn't think Laura and Steve would end up together?

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I didn't think they would wind up together for the longest time. I imagined he would find someone perfect for him, and then Laura would regret not ever giving him the time of day, but she would not get him. That's partially how it went except he did give into her. I wasn't too hyped for that happy ending!

KMan101
Member Avatar

Yeah, CBS decided they didn't want sitcoms on Friday, or some stupid reasoning and just upped and canceled Step by Step and Family Matters without any warning. Which was REALLY crappy, especially since both were long-running shows with loyal fanbases. I'm actually really shocked we haven't seen a Family Matters reunion movie.

I loved Family Matters. Hands down a top favorite of mine. I can't believe it's not on DVD! It does GREAT in syndication. It did very well for TBS and is doing well for Nick at Nite.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

A lot of Family Matters is available on YouTube - more than any other sitcom discussed here. It isn't even listed under any alias or anything. I'm kinda surprised the episodes have not been deleted. I remember when Full House got uploaded on YouTube, it was no time before it all went down.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

This show rocked in its middle seasons, but it got too wacky and ridiculous in the later years. It's still a favorite of mine though.

EjamiFan1322
Member Avatar

It sometimes still comes on or it used to come on everynight at 11pm to 12am on Nickolodeon!! I used to watch it when I was kid and still do to this day it was one of my favorite shows!!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

ga68153
Apr 7 2009, 07:20 PM
This show rocked in its middle seasons, but it got too wacky and ridiculous in the later years. It's still a favorite of mine though.
Really? I thought the material was excellent in the later seasons. Aside from the finale, I was quite impressed with this show.

Scott
Member Avatar

I know I've said this before but my favorite episode was the competing friends episode.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I don't think I really have a fav episode. There are so many good ones. One I really like is where Steve and Laura start working at that restaurant (now known as Rachel's place), Steve decides to cook, and the place burns down.

Scott
Member Avatar

oops my previous statement about the competing Friends episode was in the wrong topic!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Urkel talks:

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

My favorite Christmas episode:

Steve with the gift wrapping job is absolutely hilarious!

Eric83
Member Avatar

This show was on the air too damn long LOL. I couldn't stand Urkel and all those unrealistic gadgets he made.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

ga68153
Jan 2 2010, 06:12 PM
This show was on the air too damn long LOL. I couldn't stand Urkel and all those unrealistic gadgets he made.
Really? He was annoying, but that was the best part for me ... the way it annoyed everyone else.

Eric83
Member Avatar

☼ Jinx ☼
Jan 2 2010, 10:21 PM
ga68153
Really? He was annoying, but that was the best part for me ... the way it annoyed everyone else.
Yep! The show was on for like 10 seasons it got redundant.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

ga68153
Jan 2 2010, 10:51 PM
☼ Jinx ☼
Jan 2 2010, 10:21 PM
ga68153
Yep! The show was on for like 10 seasons it got redundant.
I never got tired of it. The only "storyline" if you can call it that which I found redundant was the Christmas ones. There were sooo many of those!

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

I really love this show. Love Steve Urkel LOL So funny!!!!! I love Carl & Steve on those years so funny

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

"Did I do that?"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply