Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Melrose Place (1992)
Topic Started: Dec 15 2008, 10:22 PM (7,111 Views)
☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Well yeah she was okay too lol
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Jinxie
Jan 28 2009, 12:31 PM
Well yeah she was okay too lol
Okay? Okay?

Wow.....LoL

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

Blech to Jane. Couldn't stand her at all. I hated how she treated Sydney.

Mason
Member Avatar

Jane was just so...boring! Even when she went psycho, she was a boring psycho, LoL!

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

I hated how she wouldn't even take Syd's side when her psycho boyfriend Chris was making passes at Syd.

I also hated how she punched Jo out. Jane was so so petty.

Mason
Member Avatar

darraholic
Jan 28 2009, 03:08 PM
I also hated how she punched Jo out. Jane was so so petty.
I know, I was totally rooting for Jo to get up and kick the crap out of Jane.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

Jo should of just slapped Jane back. That's why I loved when Jo blackmailed Jane. Karma's a bitch.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

I was reading US Weekly and they had a small article about Daphne Zuniga (Jo) talking about the New Melrose Place. She mentioned she'd love to return to have another make out session with Grant Show. But she's moved on with her life and she's starting a new chapter and wouldn't return.

Mason
Member Avatar

darraholic
Jan 29 2009, 11:55 AM
I was reading US Weekly and they had a small article about Daphne Zuniga (Jo) talking about the New Melrose Place. She mentioned she'd love to return to have another make out session with Grant Show. But she's moved on with her life and she's starting a new chapter and wouldn't return.
Damn, I almost got really excited, LoL!

KMan101
Member Avatar

Meh. She says that now. They all do. I remember back when 90210 was casting and getting going, virtually everyone said "no" and that they've moved on. Tori was the only one begging to get on. Then along came Ian Ziering, etc. LOL.

I would love her back, but as for anything more than a story arc? I can't see it, unfortunately. I bet if Grant Show comes back, he can convince Zuniga as well, but as much as I would LOVE LOVE LOVE Jo to come back, I respect Zuniga immensely for her comments and saying she's moved on. Life does go on ... but please, just one episode Daphne? Hehe ...

KMan101
Member Avatar

So anyway ... I have this new ritual that I've been doing for a while, which is going through my Melrose DVD collection and having a mini marathon on one of my days off. I'm on Disc 7 (of 8) in Season 3 and just bought Season 4. Season 3 was such a hot mess and probably one of my favorites. It still had that nostalgic element from the early seasons before it really got over the top and characters began to change on a dime as everyone slept with each other and hated each other. Just finished the episode in which Brooke feels up Billy at dinner with Allison and Brooke's fiancee right there, Kimberly uses the settlement check from the city to bribe Michael into dumping Amanda, but instead, he serves her with divorce papers and she tries to kill herself. Allison is acting president of D&D and a real powerhungry bitch, especially towards Jo. Oh, and the cringeworthy Dan Cortese's Jess just moved to Melrose, sweet-talked Jake into hiring him at Shooters and giving him a place to live. Syd catches him going through Jake's files, but he threatens her with harm if she tells Jake.

Good stuff! This new Melrose, as excited as I am about it, will NEVER top the original.
Edited by KMan101, Mar 14 2009, 08:03 AM.

Mason
Member Avatar

KMan101
Mar 14 2009, 08:03 AM
Good stuff! This new Melrose, as excited as I am about it, will NEVER top the original.
The original Melrose couldn't even top itself after Season 3, one of the best seasons of a TV show ever.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I'm expecting the new Melrose to top CW's 90210 though only because of how disappointed I was with that

KMan101
Member Avatar

Just finished watching a few episodes of Season 3 ...

Syd comes to the beach house and finds Michael having a drink over Kim's lifeless body. She snatches the suicide note. Kim bribes Syd to help her frame Michael. Syd then blackmails Michael, she'll give him the ransom note if he gives her his half of the settlement. Syd then uses the settlement money to bail out Mancini Designs.

Jo and Jess had sex outside of Shooters, in the alley. Jake was unaware of them until Syd overheard them (Syd lives next to Jo) having sex. Syd tells Jake who confronts Jo.

Amanda uses Brooke and the two of them sabotage Allison at D&D. Amanda eventually reclaims her position. Brooke and Billy begin sleeping together. Amanda also turns down Michael's marriage proposal, literally laughing in his face at it. Good times.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

I'm watching Season 5 on DVD right now and you can see the downturn.

The only things I'm enjoying is Syd/Kyle's flirting and Crazy Jane. Loved watching Jane terriorize Jake & Alison.

I can't stand Sam. If I hear Sam "Mhmmmmm" once more while she eats I'm going to throw something at the tv. She's such a horrid actress.

Mason
Member Avatar

Billy and Sam were made for each other. They were both horrible characters played by even more horrible actors.

Scott
Member Avatar

Ya know I used to watch this with my mom when I was younger but for some reason I don't recall much of it!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kimberly Shaw NEEDS more RESPECT!

Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

Just watched the season 3 finale again. I can't believe how violent Jess was to Jo. That punch he gave Jo looked so real.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm not typically a squeamish person, but Jess beating the shit out of Jo is hard to watch.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply