Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Melrose Place (1992)
Topic Started: Dec 15 2008, 10:22 PM (6,908 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

It was. The amount of force Jess used was crazy. Daphne Zuniga played it great though.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

They've finally released Vol 2 Season 5. I hope they put out Season 6 & 7.

Mason

darraholic
Dec 4 2009, 12:45 PM
They've finally released Vol 2 Season 5. I hope they put out Season 6 & 7.
I'm sure they will, but at the rate they're going, we probably won't get the second half of Season 7 until sometime in 2011 (if even that early). I know I should just be grateful it's being released at all, but it's sooo frustrating to have to wait so long for a single full season to be released and then have to pay practically double for it.

Meanwhile, I've been re-watching Season 4 on DVD, and I can't believe I never noticed just how bad it was, LoL. Just about every storyline sucked, almost every character became unlikable and their actions didn't make sense from one episode to the next...just terrible writing, like the writers just decided to throw whatever out there and see if it would work. It was one of my favorite seasons, but not after watching it again.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

It was meh for me.

I liked Kimberly's DID, Alison/Brooke/Hayley/Billy, And the stuff with "Betsy" holding Peter, Michael & Amanda at the hospital.

Hated Jo's storyline all season. The whole Jo/Richard/Jane/Jake stuff was a real stinker. Hated Jo/Dominick too. I wish Daphne Zuniga would of stayed for 1 more season for Jo/Jake to leave together. I didn't care for the Bobby storyline either. Bobby & Amanda had no chemisty at all. Bobby & Sydney were better but that never took off. I liked Alycia though.
Edited by darraholic, Dec 4 2009, 01:14 PM.

Mason

Kimberly's alternate personalities and the mental hospital was my favorite plot from that season, but even that was just so over-the-top and cartoonish - even by MP standards.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Season 4 was definitely the "jumping shark" moment for Melrose. I mean, it had to be hard for the writers to come up with anything interesting after blowing up the complex. Where the hell do you go after something like that?!

KMan101
Member Avatar

Season 4 was definitely the jumping of the shark. Season 5 they just tried cramming too much into it. Season 6 was bad. Season 7 the show finally turned around.

I agree that I wish Daphne Zuniga would of held out for another season so Jo and Jake could of been written off together.

cassie1013

I'm watching S2 over Christmas break - super stoked!

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Taylor trying to be her sister Beth= Worst Storyline Ever on MP. It's so damn awful.

Love Alison drinking again. Drunk Alison was a hoot.

Logan2010

Does anyone have a favorite couple on the original show?

Billy and Alison
Amanda and Peter
Michael and Jane
Michael and Kimberly
Jake and Jo
Billy and Brooke
Michael and Sydney
Jake and Alison
Taylor and Kyle
Sydney and Craig
Billy and Samantha
Peter and Taylor
Amanda and Kyle
Billy and Jennifer
Michael and Megan
Ryan and Megan
Jane and Kyle
Peter and Eve

Mason

Logan2010
Feb 20 2010, 09:56 PM
Does anyone have a favorite couple on the original show?
Jake and Jo and Peter and Amanda were the only couples I really loved. Much as I loved MP, most of their couples tended to suck.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Jake and Jo. Kyle and Sydney had potential but the writers ended that quickly.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

I finished rewatching the Season 5 finale. I forgot how great it was. It's a shame the next season would be down right horrid.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Someone re-edited the scene with Kimberly blowing up the complex with a random Matt & Rhonda scene. It's actually quite hilarious watching Rhonda's reaction to Kimberly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NJ3-bmwMnA

KMan101
Member Avatar

Still need to get ahold of Season 5 (V1 & V2). Sucks they split it into two seasons. I'm waiting for a great deal on Amazon or Half.com LOL. I'll buy it used, I don't care.

lene
Member Avatar

I'm still pissed Billy and Alison didn't end up together. :toetap:

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

I absolutely loved this show and was excited each week for a new episode. Kimberly being alive was the best cliffhanger ever...and that scene where she pulls off the wig and we see the accident scar is burned into my brain forever!

Fave MP couples of all time were Jake/Jo and Peter/Amanda. I have seasons 1-4 on DVD, still need to finish up the collection and have a MP marathon...

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

I re-watched Season 5 this past week and my opinion on alot of stuff has changed.

Taylor/Peter: I loved Taylor and Lisa Rinna so much more watching again. Taylor was OTT but fun. Lisa Rinna did quite a good job and that scene where she bashes her face into the door was classic. I also loved seeing Michael & Taylor scheme together to bring down Peter. However, I hated the whole "Beth" storyline and the writers seemed to have no clue what they wanted to do with it too. It seems like right after Peter discovered Michael & Taylor's schemes that part was forgotten.

Michael/Kimberly/Megan: Love Megan. The whole Hooker with a heart of gold can be cheesy but I never found it cheesey. Kimberly's death was lame. It was like the writers just didn't want to deal with it so we'll just give Kimberly a brain tumor.

Alison/Jake: OMG these two were hella boring all season. And the exits were so rushed. They really should have had Jake leave at the end of season 4 with Jo and send Alison off with Billy. I did like how Alison gave up her future with Jake for David. I found Alison to be a rather selfish person through out the show so it was nice seeing her leave the way she did.

Billy/Sam: I hate Sam with a passion. Sam's dad storyline was beyond annoying. And the fact that Sam & her father were responsible for Sydney's "death" only made me hate her more.

Jennifer: Love Alyssa Milano but Jennifer is just annoying. I really only enjoyed her few scenes with Heather Locklear. Other than that, Jennifer is a waste of space.

Kyle/Amanda: I loved them back in the day and loving them again. The begining of their romance was Hot. Once Kyle got hooked on pills is when they destroyed Kyle/Amanda to me.

Craig/Sydney: I really hate that Laura Leighton decided to leave. Craig & Sydney were such a great couple (Though I found it to be very rushed probably due to the fact that Laura was leaving.) I forget but how did they explain the whole Sydney faking her death? Did they even mention Craig? I really hate how Sydney faked her death while so clearly in love with Craig and wouldn't let him on the plan. The fact that he committed suicide in season 6 pisses me off. I would have liked the new writers on the new version to at least come up that Craig also faked his death to be with Sydney.

Jane: Adios bitch. Sad that you came back. HATE HER!

Matt/Chelsea: Zzzzz

Mason

Aww, I just saw that Heather Locklear and Jack Wagner are now engaged. :)

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

I heard they were engaged, and although I knew they've been dating for a while every time I think of Jack Wagner I always think he's still with his ex-wife Kristina. Just like I think off Heather with Richie, even though that was so long ago.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply