Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Melrose Place (1992)
Topic Started: Dec 15 2008, 10:22 PM (7,386 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Ahh Melrose Place....I miss it an all its 90's goodness!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

It is still my guilty pleasure. I'll put on one of the DVD's when I'm bored. I have to pick up Season 6, even though the season sucked ass. The only good thing about Season 6 was Jamie Lunar.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

MP really started to go down hill after Season 5..

KMan101
Member Avatar

It really did. Season 6 was terrible. Season 7 wasn't bad, it felt like a more mature version of the once campy soap. Not a bad thing, just a different feeling. Seasons 3 and 4 were probably the best, though Season 2 was good as well. Season 1 was also just different. Not really bad, but a different vibe. It's fun to watch the transition. MP just fell apart once most of the main cast departed, but they were already running on fumes so I can't imagine what the characters would be doing had some of them continued to the end.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I HATE YOU
YOU HEAR ME
I HATE YOU
BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILY
BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILY
BILLY WALKING AWAY: SHUT UP

*CRIES*
NOBODY IS HOME

NOBODY CARES

BAM BROOKE BASHES HER HEAD INTO THE CEMENT AND DROWNS.

One of my favorite moments <3

darraholic
Member Avatar

I've been re-watching Season Six and it is not as bad as when I first watched it. I think the huge cast turnover really hurt the show, but after watching it again 15 years later it's not as bad.

Lisa Rinna is far and away the MVP of the season. Her and Michael are great together. And I'm totally loving the Taylor/Amanda rivalry in Season 6. My favorite scene was Amanda & Sam waiting at the church for the wedding starts and Taylor barges in...

Taylor, "AMANDA, I brought you something that is old."
Amanda, "Taylor, what is it?"
Taylor, "It's an old wedding picture of me and Kyle."

LOL

I'm also not a huge fan of Alyssa Milano, but I really like her as Jennifer. She fits being Michael's sister. I don't care much for Billy, but I like Jennifer & Billy despite it being rushed.

Lexi's rather boring in Season 6, I remember her getting more spunk in Season 7. The whole pill popping thing was lame.

I can't STAND Cooper. Linden Ashby is just awful. His voice is so monotone and has the same expressions. His storyline on wanting revenge on Michael is also lame.

The worst part of the season by far is this Kyle/Christine storyline. Season 6 was actually on track of being a great season until this storyline started and it's just draining the life out of the show.

Overall though, sans this Kyle/Christine, I would actually put Season 6 ahead of Season 5.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I couldnt make it past the season 4 dvds.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Drew
Apr 26 2012, 09:17 PM
I couldnt make it past the season 4 dvds.
Boo, you whore!

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

It was a terrible, terrible season. Patrick Muldoon took far too long to die!

darraholic
Member Avatar

Yeah, Season 4 wasn't the best. I hated what they did to Jo.

The best part of season 4 imo was crazy ass Brooke.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

^ I hated Brooke in a hate-hate way, not a love-hate way. And Kristin Davis was a bad actress back then.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I loved Brooke, but yeah, she was a bad actress, and still is IMO.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Melrose Place - The Explosive Finale of the Original Show Comes Home this Summer
Heather Locklear, Thomas Calabro, Jack Wagner, & Kelly Rutherford wrap it up on DVD
Posted by David Lambert
4/30/2012

Before the 2009 series brought them back, with both old and new cast alike, fans were riveted to their TVs in the '90s for 7 seasons of prime time soapy goodness. And with every other season already available on DVD, the folks at Spelling Entertainment and CBS/Paramount have today announced that they will wrap it up on July 31st with separate releases of Melrose Place - The 7th and Final Season, Vol. 1 and Melrose Place - The 7th and Final Season, Vol. 2. Both come out the same day, along with a "shrinkwrap bundle" of the entire run of the show (taking all available individual DVD releases, with no special packaging or content, and wrapping them together in plastic to sell as a single unit to interested consumers). Details, pricing and package art haven't been made available this early (there's been "cover art" floating around out there on the net for many months now; however our studio contacts have given us reason to doubt that it's official, finalized artwork and so we've decided to wait until they provide it to us directly). Stay tuned, of course, and we'll keep you updated as further developments occur!

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Melrose-Place-Season-7/16875#ixzz1tXUXe2o4

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

This was totally a guilty pleasure of mine. Oh man, so many favorite characters. I have season 1-5 on dvd- don't know if I'll buy the two remaining seasons. The only thing I actually remember from season 6 is Taylor coming to Michael's beach house and want sex. LOL.

Have to say that I LOVE Kristian Alfonso as Lauren :D

I adore/love Billy & Alison. Still think he should have left to find her in Atlanta.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I just picked back up on my DVD watching and am almost halfway through season 5. I can already see a lot of the former magic being lost. And the storyline with Jane finding her adoptive mother is by far one of the worst yet and is making Jane beyond annoying. I hate the way she shut out Sydney (even if she's not exactly sister of the year) and is just all "Ohh, let's decorate the tree, oh, I'm calling you mom even though I've known you one day" with her mother. JUST. STOP.

Even Sydney, my usual favorite character, is getting far less screen time now.

The only highlight is the ever-entertaining Heather Locklear, who never gets old as the delightful Amanda.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Season 5 was atrocious at times. I felt the show had way too many characters and far too much going on. Alison, Jake and Sydney were all barely written for. I never felt as invested as I wanted to be in the Jake/Alison romance. Jane going nutso then finding her birth mother weren't bad stories, but the birth mother saga was kind of annoying. Jane was always dismissive of Sydney whenever she felt like she didn't 'need' Syd in her life. So I wasn't so put off by that, though I was pretty ready for Jane to exit for a while by this point. Her character had been exhausted, IMO.

Heather Locklear was always fabulous as Amanda, however, the victimization of Amanda started in Season 5 and continued through Season 6. I'm just glad by Season 7 that Amanda got her balls back. I despised the writing for Amanda in Season 5 and 6, though yes, Locklear still brought it. I just never bought Amanda as a weepy victim, though I realize the writers probably wanted to move Amanda away from bullying people and calling all of the shots, so I can see why maybe they decided to do something different with Amanda.

I also really despise how boring they made Sydney and Kimberly, and then both were killed off. I wish Laura Leighton never left. She was so good. Losing so many characters and cast members in Season 5 REALLY damaged the show. Season 6 was so rough. Season 7 seemed to find a nice balance, too bad the show was so damn expensive and bleeding ratings, IMO, it could have gone on longer.
Edited by KMan101, May 31 2012, 12:46 PM.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Just finished the season 5 finale and loved it...but I have a feeling that it will also be the jump the shark moment.

I loved Amanda's breakdown...losing everything that she had worked so hard for and realizing the error of her ways these last five years. Perfect.

Peter getting ready to push Taylor off the balcony when she tells him she's pregnant. AH!

And of course Sam and her father running over Sydney. Great ending but heartbreaking!! SO sad that I have to watch the next two seasons without Sydney! And I agree about Laura Leighton. She and Locklear MADE this show.

I also really appreciated Allison and Billy's goodbye at the airport...though I resent the fact that the "it" couple of the early years did not find their way back together. :(

KMan101
Member Avatar

Season 5 ended great, I felt. It was a hot mess overall but I quite enjoyed the finale

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

i LOVED Melrose Place!!!! :rockon:

my fav couples were michael and kimberly and peter and amanda.

i liked also michael and sidney.

so sad when kimberly and sidney died.the show was never the same for me.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

Mason
Jan 28 2009, 12:32 PM
Jinxie
Jan 28 2009, 12:31 PM
Well yeah she was okay too lol
Okay? Okay?

Wow.....LoL
HL had the BEST lines!!! man.

loved her too!!! but kimberly and sidney were my favs bitches lol.

im glad that amanda at least stayed till the end.

not sorry when jane and allison left....good riddance lmfaooo

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply