Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Melrose Place (1992)
Topic Started: Dec 15 2008, 10:22 PM (7,282 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

darraholic
Dec 3 2011, 11:16 PM
I HATE YOU
YOU HEAR ME
I HATE YOU
BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILY
BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILY
BILLY WALKING AWAY: SHUT UP

*CRIES*
NOBODY IS HOME

NOBODY CARES

BAM BROOKE BASHES HER HEAD INTO THE CEMENT AND DROWNS.

One of my favorite moments <3
LOL!

This was great.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Brooke's death was pretty good.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

After finishing Knots Landing, I've decided to give the original Melrose Place a try. I never saw it when it originally ran.

They literally just brought Marcia Cross on during the last episode that was playing (episode 10 or 11). Looking forward to tackling another primetime soap! :)

Mason
Member Avatar

Oh, I envy you. Melrose is a lot of fun the first time around. It's still plenty enjoyable to re-watch, but it's just not the same after that.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Bring it on, Locklear! Lol. I'm on the twenty-fifth episode of the first season and things are finally starting to pick up. Does it get more serialized in the second season?

Mason
Member Avatar

Casey
Dec 29 2012, 10:07 PM
Does it get more serialized in the second season?
Yes -- mercifully, the show becomes much more serialized (and immensely more watchable).

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Mason
Dec 29 2012, 10:12 PM
Casey
Yes -- mercifully, the show becomes much more serialized (and immensely more watchable).
Good! Haha. It's not bad now, just slow. It almost feels like the first season of ''Knots'' where the stories are more self-contained and the characters aren't fully developed, and was probably modeled after the early seasons of Beverly Hills, 90210. I just assumed there was a dramatic shift because I've heard loads of excellent reviews on it. Heather Locklear is almost their Donna Mills.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I loved Season 2. Laura Leighton became a cast member. Love Syd!

Mason
Member Avatar

Casey
Dec 29 2012, 10:19 PM
Mason
Casey
Good! Haha. It's not bad now, just slow. It almost feels like the first season of ''Knots'' where the stories are more self-contained and the characters aren't fully developed, and was probably modeled after the early seasons of Beverly Hills, 90210. I just assumed there was a dramatic shift because I've heard loads of excellent reviews on it. Heather Locklear is almost their Donna Mills.
Someone eventually realized "90210-in-an-apartment-building" was going nowhere fast. (You might call MP Season 1 "Knots Landing in an apartment complex", but I hesitate to compare the two because, even in their infancy, KL's characters and stories had a depth that MP's never achieved).

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I am finally almost done with the series...I've got about seven episodes left to go in the final season and I must say that I find season 7 just as bad if not worse than season 6. Obviously, it could never be as good as seasons 2-4/5 without Sydney/Kimberly/Billy/Jake/etc. but the storylines are just ridiculously stupid. Kyle losing his mind over a lab mistake that has him sterile. He burns down the freaking house and Amanda rushes to give him the corrected lab document so that they can get back together?? Um, NO. Misunderstanding or not, get your shit together, man. I miss bitch Amanda...not a fan of victim Amanda that seems to run rampant towards the last years of the show.
I am also SO over the Michael/Jane drama. I'm intrigued by the Eve storyline and that seems to be picking up, so hopefully the final handful of episodes will be good!

Mason
Member Avatar

I actually kind of enjoyed Season 7. There were some weak spots (Alex Bastian, the McBride brothers, Peter kidnapping Amanda, etc) and plots that didn't quite work, but I thought it was a big improvement over Season 6. The show actually felt fun again, and the only characters I really missed that season were Sydney and (to a lesser degree) Taylor. And Lexi developed into a great character in the last year and the one person in the series who could really rival Amanda.

I do agree with you about Amanda, though. She was never the same for me after about Season 3.

psychofan
Member Avatar

Just finished the second to last episode and WOW. That episode and the one before it really brought back the fire that the show had been missing. Lexi has been an awesome character this entire season but I especially have loved her pairing with Michael (what a match!).

And OMG at the revelation that Eve had about what really happened the night her boyfriend was murdered. I did not see it coming at all!

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Mason
Casey
Did you find the first couple of episodes of the second to be a little slow as well?

Mason
Member Avatar

Casey
Jan 3 2013, 11:03 PM
Mason
Casey
Did you find the first couple of episodes of the second to be a little slow as well?
I thought the first 2-3 episodes of Season 2 were fairly exciting, but after that, the pace does start to slow down quite a bit. Some of the early Season 2 episodes are pretty tame, but after a couple characters are involved in a major car accident (I won't spoil who), the season really picks up momentum and just keeps getting better.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Mason
Jan 4 2013, 08:40 AM
Casey
Jan 3 2013, 11:03 PM
Mason
Casey
I thought the first 2-3 episodes of Season 2 were fairly exciting, but after that, the pace does start to slow down quite a bit. Some of the early Season 2 episodes are pretty tame, but after a couple characters are involved in a major car accident (I won't spoil who), the season really picks up momentum and just keeps getting better.
I think tame is an excellent word to describe it right now. Nothing super huge has happened in the past two episodes. The introduction of Sydney (Laura Leighton) was interesting, and I'm liking how she's getting between Jane/Michael/Kimberly.

And yeah! No spoilers. Lol. Unfortunately, I spoiled myself on the baby switch for Knots Landing long before I watched it, so I haven't even read everyone's posts in here to try and avoid them. The payoff should be much better that way.

psychofan
Member Avatar

Just finished the last episode. I won't spoil it for Casey, but I absolutely loved it. It was a great sendoff for everyone and I liked where they all ended up. The only thing is that I wish we would have at least gotten guest appearances from Billy, Alison, Jake, Jo...any of the still living characters. For example, I think it would have been great for Billy or Alison to have made an appearance at you-kn0w-who's "funeral". Or I would have even loved a montage of the best moments from the show. Still, I would give the finale a solid A.

I'm so sad that I am done with it!!! It seems so hard to believe when I think about how the show changed over time and how event after event just kept happening for SEVEN SEASONS. *sigh* Guess I'll move on to "Dynasty" now...

Thanks Melrose Place for providing such wonderful entertainment. Even in its weak spots, I would still rank it as one of the best primetime soaps ever.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

...I never realized how much Caroline Kennedy looks like Courtney Thorne-Smith. Weird!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Jen
Member Avatar

I loved this show, never get tired of it. I just wish the last 2 seasons would be on DVD in Sweden

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply