Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Designing Women
Topic Started: Dec 16 2008, 03:56 AM (1,918 Views)
OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Anyone else a fan? I love that show but I felt that it wasn't the same after Suzanne and Charlene left. I loved it when Julia would go on her Terminator tirades because she usually said something that I agreed with.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CodeBlazeNuke
Member Avatar

this one i watched and loved it..

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I was just watching tonight!

Love me some DW

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

OneBadKitty
Dec 16 2008, 03:56 AM
Anyone else a fan? I love that show but I felt that it wasn't the same after Suzanne and Charlene left. I loved it when Julia would go on her Terminator tirades because she usually said something that I agreed with.
I LOVE watching DW and Murphy Brown on TVLand when they are on. I always wanted to be like Julia and be able to on tirades like that so I could tell people what I really thought...... :laugh:

I watched DW when they showed it on Lifetime years ago too, got to see the entire run for the most part; they even had a reunion special.....

The show wasn't the same after Delta and Jean left and I didn't like Julia Duffy as Allison Sugarbaker that much for the one season she was on . I liked Jan Hooks as Carlene who was Charlene's cousin and loved Judith Ivy as B. J. Poteet.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Suzanne Hurt & Depressed Over Her Weight

Suzanne Adopts Li Sing

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Julia & Her Surgeon Dr. Dan Hacker (Garry Morris)

Anthony Getting Remarried (The best clip I could find with BJ in it)

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Loletta: New Orleans

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Here are a lot of clips of the 2003 Reunion...... :)

Click Me

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Thanks for the clips Rhi!

My favorite episodes were when Charlene's baby was born (with that hilarious New Year's baby dream by Suzanne) and when the girls went camping (Anthony was dressed as a woman and told them his name was Cyndy Birdsong, LMAO)

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

As of today TVLand won't be airing Designing Women or Murphy Brown anymore..... :'(

Tibi
Member Avatar

DW was always one of my favorites! I floved Julia, Dixie Carter was brilliant, may she rest in peace.
:( I also loved Anthony and Bernice! Bernice was crazy funny!

DebraAlis
Member Avatar

Well I am a big fan of “Bernice” I really love his character and he always keeps the atmosphere fun.

LPS
Member Avatar

I couldn't stand this show. They came across as uppity and elitist broads with their noses up in the air, LOL.

AndriyaTailor
Member Avatar

I just watch this for fun; really don’t want to comment about plus and minus….. But I nice one to be watched.

AuroraPhoenix
Member Avatar

I have always loved DW (and Murphy Brown). I watched both as a kid when they are on TV and reruns (when they used to air them).

I always enjoyed watching Julia rants and Suzanne's antics. Suzanne's relationship with Anthony was one of the best parts of the show. My favorite episode was when Anthony had to pose as Suzanne's maid Consuela so she could pass the citizenship test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggSdaCuVxVc

Other favorites:

Julia telling off "Imogene" about AIDS after she remarks that it was killing "all the right people". Julia: "I've known you for 27 years, and all I can say is, if God was giving out sexually transmitted diseases to people as a punishment for sinning, then you would be at the free clinic all the time!" This was a very controversial scene when it aired in 1988: http://youtu.be/zcEC3vbskGM

Julia putting a beauty queen in her place after she belittled Suzanne - her "that was the night the lights went out in Georgia" speech: http://youtu.be/qz_ZpoYBzaw

Julia's crazy people speech: "I'm saying this the South, and we're proud of our crazy people. We don't hide them up in the attic. We bring them right down to the living room and show them off. You see, Phyllis, no one in the South ever asks if you have crazy people in your family, they just ask which side they're on." http://youtu.be/W3KQgulBzh0

My mother's family is Southern and that is so true. ;)

And the episode where Charlene tells off a sexist minister. Benice also had some excellent lines in this episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cTUSQU36Wg&feature=related

Bremol
Member Avatar

TvGuide channel is now airing Designing Women episodes from 10 to 11 (Central time) in the mornings...well, at least in my area they are. I was so excited when I saw that. I love DW and had missed watching it.

MicheleJosh

Yes I have watched the series and the series mainly focuses on the five people, who got frequent visits from their friends, family and customers. This show is one of my favorite shows. When I go back home in the USA I want to get DVDs if I can find any.

Tammy
Member Avatar

One of my favorite episodes was when they were at a spa or something. I just remember they were all flinging mud at eachother lol.

Bremol
Member Avatar

My favorite episodes are the ones where they girls all go away and take the men in their lives. LOL! Something always happens! Well, the eps Reece is in are also my favorites because I love seeing Dixie and Hal working together.

Riley Grey
Member Avatar

I used to love watching Designing Women. Julia Sugarbaker is such an inspiration to women. Strong and intelligent.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply