Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Golden Girls!; "Thank you for being a friend..."
Topic Started: Dec 16 2008, 05:11 AM (9,314 Views)
Tammy
Member Avatar

Here is one of my favs from season 7

Sophia is in a wheelchair.

Sophia (To Dorthy): Its your fault I sprained both of my ankles!

Dorthy: Ma you're the one who sneezed and blew yourself off the stool!

Sophia: It wouldn't have happened if you let me sit at the table that night.

Dorthy: Look Ma you know the rules. When we eat Mexican food, you sit at the counter!
Edited by Tammy, Mar 17 2009, 12:00 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

SOPHIA: Dorothy, I REALLY wish you respect my feelings about this.

DOROTHY: Ma, I REALLY wish you had voted for me in the Little Miss Brooklyn Pageant!

Tammy
Member Avatar

NavJLee8785
Mar 17 2009, 12:04 AM
SOPHIA: Dorothy, I REALLY wish you respect my feelings about this.

DOROTHY: Ma, I REALLY wish you had voted for me in the Little Miss Brooklyn Pageant!
LMFAO!

Blanche: (To her granddaughter) How many years can you enter the Little Miss contest?

Dorthy: (talking about Rose) Evidently 23

Rose: At least my mother voted for me!

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

Season 1 had one of my favorite Blanche scenes...

BLANCHE: Rose Nylund, you devil you! I just figured out what is going on here!

DOROTHY: Blanche!

BLANCHE: You were sore at me for inviting your friend without asking, so you invited him to come here to teach me a lesson! *laughs* YOU....*laughs again at Dorothy* nervous laughter ensues and trails off* God, I wish I was dead.

Later...

BLANCHE: Dorothy...get the door. *Blanche walks into living room w/ tray* Shrimp?

Tammy
Member Avatar

You all should check out this youtube page... it has like every episode from every season. :rockon:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=GoingGoldenAgain&view=playlists

Mason

Tammy
Mar 18 2009, 11:16 PM
You all should check out this youtube page... it has like every episode from every season. :rockon:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=GoingGoldenAgain&view=playlists
OMG yes!

Mason

ROSE: Dorothy, was Sophia naked just now, or does her dress really need ironing?

ROSE: I hate to admit it, but he melts my Haagen-Daaz.

DOROTHY: Rose, you tramp!
Edited by Mason, Mar 19 2009, 12:58 PM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Love the Girls! I've seen every episode I dunno how many times! My nightly ritual used to be going to bed at 11 and watching the reruns on Lifetime.

Now the show's on Hallmark (8-10am, 4-5pm which is soon to be 6-7pm, 12-2am). I think it might even be on more than that, though. It's also on WE as of last week but I dunno how many times, or when, it airs.
Edited by KMan101, Mar 19 2009, 05:00 PM.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Sophia: Well for starters Jean is a lesbian.

Blanche: What's funny about that?

Sophia: You aren't surprised?

Blanche: Well of course not. I've never known any personally, but, isn't Danny Thomas one?

Dorthy: NOT Lebanese Blanche... Lesbian!

~~~~~

Sophia:(coughing) Dorthy you got a cough drop?

Dorthy: No...

Sophia: A hard candy?

Dorthy: No...

Sophia: A tic-tac?

Dorthy: Does it say Kmart on the back of my nightgown!

Sophia: As a matter of fact it does ya cheapskate!

Keith
Member Avatar

I just started playing that channel on youtube. Yay :D

Mason

^ That YT channel is a Godsend!

Rose: "Why are you wearing black? Were you at a funeral?"

Dorothy: "No, Rose. We were singing backup for Johnny Cash."
Edited by Mason, Mar 20 2009, 11:23 AM.

Mason

Rose: "Well you know what I like least about the two of YOU? You're always telling me what to do!"

Blanche: "Oh, shut up, Rose!"

Keith
Member Avatar

Sophia: We're all adults here. Let the man out of the pillowcase. We don't mind if he sleeps over.

...I have not stopped watching that channel.

Kenny
Member Avatar

REBECCA: "Mama, I just got a job interview and I really need you to babysit for Aurora."

BLANCHE: "Aurora! I just hate that name! Why couldn't you have found something more musical, more southern, more beautiful?"

REBECCA: "Sorry... Blanche! Look, I know you don't like the name and I know you think that I'm bringing her up wrong."

BLANCHE: "No, no, no. I just don't see why you have to feed her when you come to visit me at the museum. You don't see me taking out my breast in public!" (pause) "...alot."

REBECCA: "I'd love to stay and argue with you, but I have to go."

BLANCHE: "Look, you know how much I want to be with Oreo, but..."

REBECCA: "Aurora, mama! Aurora!"

Rebecca puts the baby in Blanche's arms.

REBECCA: "You have a good time with Grandma!"

BLANCHE: "Rebecca! Will you stop saying that?! If you keep calling me grandma, she's gonna grow up to think that's my name!"

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

think I've seen about every episode except for the last one. Now that I'm collecting the DVD's and watching everything in order (I'm at 3 now), I'm just going to wait until I get to the final episode. I know I'll be so sad.

When they aired the Golden Palace on Lifetime a few years ago, I didn't think it was too bad. It was no Golden Girls, but I wish it had lasted a little longer.

*sigh* no show can pick me up like the Golden Girls can! It's true therapy for a gay guy! :)

Mason

"Eat dirt and die, trash!" is officially my new favorite line ever, LoL.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I love the "Cupcakes" segment linked in the first post--I crack up every time I think of Rose saying, "Have you and Miles been . . . baking together?" I also love Betty in the episode where she's trying to get Dorothy's boyfriend, the doctor who came on to Blanche, to come on to her too so they can prove to Dorothy Blanche wasn't lying. Just the way she looks at him and calls him, "doctor man" and he asks her if there's something wrong with her leg--hilarious!

I also love this exchange in the ep where Dorothy just found out the guy she likes is a priest, after she's gotten all dressed up:

Priest (awkwardly): You look lovely tonight.

Dorothy: I look like the mother of a Solid Gold dancer!

And I can never shop for workout clothes without thinking of the clip show ep where the workout instructer is trying to get them to buy sports bras to "minimize jiggle and bounce," and Blanche looks at her in amazement and says, "Yvonne, honey, I think you're missing the whole point of having breasts."

Oh, and I adore the one where Sophia is pretending to be Blanche's grandmother and Blanche is going on and on about their allegedly rustic background and Sophia deadpans, "We was po'."

Mason

Rose: "Dorothy, you have to get help, you're getting sicker and sicker."

Blanche: "Just like my heroine, sicker and sicker. Of course my heroine doesn't look like you. This is a romantic novel, not science fiction."

Dorothy: "Remind me when I'm feeling better to kick the crap out of her."

Blanche: "Now I know why Hemingway killed himself. Girls, I have writer's block. It is the worst feeling in the world!"

Sophia: "Try ten days without a bowel movement some time."

Blanche: "You just sit there, hour after hour..."

Sophia: "Tell me about it."

Mason

Kenny
Mar 21 2009, 04:22 PM
Jinxie is in the chatroom right now TRASHING this beloved show!

How dare she!
What would you expect from someone who likes Full House? LoL

Keith
Member Avatar

My first reaction to Kenny's outrage was this quote from Blanche: Eat dirt and die, trash.

I think it was the trash connection.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply