Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Golden Girls!; "Thank you for being a friend..."
Topic Started: Dec 16 2008, 05:11 AM (9,306 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Keith
Mar 21 2009, 05:41 PM
My first reaction to Kenny's outrage was this quote from Blanche: Eat dirt and die, trash.
LoL, ditto! I actually said it in the chat. ;)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

I just LMFAO at the Christmas standed episode, when Blanche is telling everyone an exciting Christmas Eve story.

Dorothy: Blanche, I could get herpes listening to this story!

Keith
Member Avatar

Oh man, I feel like I'm taking over this thread, lol. I'm on the third season now on youtube, and I just watched the episode with Alvin, the elderly black man with Ahlzeimer's. I bawled my eyes out. My grandmother died in '06 after only two years of battling dementia. While not the same, it just hit me like a truck last night.

This is the only show that can make me laugh OR cry until I wet myself.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Keith
Mar 25 2009, 06:42 AM
Oh man, I feel like I'm taking over this thread, lol. I'm on the third season now on youtube, and I just watched the episode with Alvin, the elderly black man with Ahlzeimer's. I bawled my eyes out. My grandmother died in '06 after only two years of battling dementia. While not the same, it just hit me like a truck last night.

This is the only show that can make me laugh OR cry until I wet myself.
I cry everytime I watch that one :'(

Tammy
Member Avatar

Okay Kenny and I brought this one up in another thread and I had to post it lol.

Dorthy and Rose are writing a song about Miami.

Dorthy: (singing) "Miami is nice so I'll say it twice... Miami is nice ... Miami is nice... Miami is nice... wait you put in a extra Miami is nice"

Rose: "I had to it hurts the music if you don't put it in."

Dorthy: "Yeah but the lyrics don't make any sense. I mean it says Miami is nice so I'll say it TWICE!

Rose: "Ohh I see your point. What about this, Miami is nice so I'll say it thrice..."

Dorthy: "Thrice? Who the HELL says thrice"

Rose: "Its a word!"

Dorthy: "So is intrauterine... it does not belong in a song!"

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

Ehhh. Four old ladies talking about sex. I think I'll pass...

Mason

LoL, any trashing of the Girls is instant fighting words for Kenny.

Mason

Dorothy: Rose, where you come from, most people live in windmills and make love to polka music!

Tammy
Member Avatar

Blanche: Rose, you must be confused. You come to me if you have problems with a man. You go to Dorothy if there's some grammar you need help with.

Dorothy: You ended that sentence with a preposition just to bait me!

Blanche: What would I do that for?

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Rose: I'm off!

Dorothy: That would be my diagnosis.

I can't think of the whole exchange, but I love when Blanche is telling some story about shopping in Ladies' Petite, and when she finally gets to the end Rose asks, with a puzzled look, "What were you doing in Ladies' Petite?"

Mason

The other night, I watched the episode where Dorothy, Rose and Blanche are arrested after being mistaken as hookers. My favorite part was when Dorothy was trying to explain to the cop that they were innocent, and then all the real prostitutes started shouting that they were innocent, and then Blanche hissed, "Quiet, you trash!" The way she said it and the expression on her face (not to mention that this was coming from Blanche, of all people) was just hilarious! LoL

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

*Blanche and Dorothy have the same dress*

DOROTHY: I thought you were going to wear something out of your closet.

BLANCHE: Well, I was, but as it turned out, nothing fit me!

DOROTHY: Well, what did you expect, Blanche? Last weekend, you ate so many pudding pops, you could have built the Eiffel Tower from the sticks.

BLANCHE: That is NOT what I meant. I meant, everything just HANGS on me.

SOPHIA: Of course, it does. That's why you have to cover it with a dress.

***LATER***

BLANCHE: Dorothy, this dress deserves to be displayed on a devastatingly, beautiful body.

DOROTHY: Who are you gonna send it to, Kim Basinger?

EjamiFan1322
Member Avatar

I still watch this show it comes on the WE Channel!!

Tammy
Member Avatar

Pinky21
Apr 7 2009, 07:27 PM
I still watch this show it comes on the WE Channel!!
Yeah sometimes they show like 6 shows a day lol

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I didn't see this posted here, so for anyone who doesn't know, Bea Arthur passed away:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20274866,00.html

I never could decide whether Dorothy or Blanche was my favorite, but I definitely loved them both.

Keith
Member Avatar

You know, not 6 months ago, I was wondering at all of these great performers who have passed away recently. No matter who they were, they hadn't quite touched my generation yet. I wasn't really effected. I was effected today. I was moved to tears several times today just at the thought of having lost a great like Bea Arthur. What a life she led! I'm so happy that she's at peace now after a nice long, brilliant life. I'll miss her!

Kenny
Member Avatar

BLANCHE: "If they put me in prison, I'll be brave. I can handle it."

ROSE: "Blanche, you don't understand. They'll put you in a womens prison."

BLANCHE: "Don't let me go, Dorothy! Don't let me go!"

Tammy
Member Avatar

I was just watching that clip that Kenny posted above, and I realized how often Dorthy would grab Sophia around the mouth, sometime almost violently lmfao. The harshest time I ever say was in the episode where Blanches brother brings his partner to town, and tells Blanche they are getting married. He says something like...

Clayton: "Doug would bend over backwards for me"

And just as Sophia opens her mouth with a witty remark Dorthy wraps her arm around her neck to cover her mouth and turns her head to the side quickly. And all I could think is, "Dear God... shes gonna break that woman's neck one of these days" lol.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

I ADORE this show,,I watch it at least once a day...the writing still stands up,and the acting is superb...didn;t the guy who started GG start up Desperate Housewives??

Edge1978
Member Avatar

I couldn't get through this thread without lmao. I LOVE the Golden Girls, and like someone else said whenever I am in a bad mood GG always brings a smile to my face :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply