Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Knots Landing
Topic Started: Dec 16 2008, 03:51 PM (12,061 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I wish this show was still on TV somewhere!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

I have the first season on DVD. I doubt we'll get anymore.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I've never seen a full episode, but from clips and other things KL seemed like the most interesting/best 80's prime-time soap.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Knots Landing is, IMO, the best primetime drama series ever, let alone the best primetime soap ever. When it was at its finest, it was SO damn good.

So many excellent storylines: Sid's death, Gary & Abby's affair, Wolfbridge, Val's stolen babies, Abby burying Peter under the playground, Laura's death, Jill going crazy, Morikame, and my personal favorite, Ciji's murder.

Mason
Member Avatar

darraholic
Dec 16 2008, 03:56 PM
I read that Season 2 was supposed to be coming out next year, but I don't know how set in stone that is.

I know it's not likely, but I'm still holding out hope that WB will release the rest of KL after they get done with Dallas.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I watched the KL reunion and the Val stolen babies SL seemed like it was so damn good.
Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Here's a clip with Louise Sorel and Michael Sabatino......

Check out this user on TY

KnotsLandingFan

Mason
Member Avatar

Classic Knots scenes! :)

Deleted User
Deleted User

Forgive me if this isn't true but isn't there a scene where Donna Mills' character kicks the shit out of her drug addicted daughter?
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Amello
Dec 16 2008, 06:57 PM
Forgive me if this isn't true but isn't there a scene where Donna Mills' character kicks the shit out of her drug addicted daughter?
LoL, I wouldn't say she kicks her ass, but they do get pretty rough.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Dec 16 2008, 06:59 PM
Amello
Dec 16 2008, 06:57 PM
LoL, I wouldn't say she kicks her ass, but they do get pretty rough.
Whatever, they played it on the reunion and I was hooked. It was fucking AWESOME!
Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 16 2008, 04:11 PM
darraholic
I read that Season 2 was supposed to be coming out next year, but I don't know how set in stone that is.

I know it's not likely, but I'm still holding out hope that WB will release the rest of KL after they get done with Dallas.
I hope they do. The first season is rather boring but my grandma and mother loved the show.

deefanUBS

darraholic
Season 2 is coming out in April! :cheer:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Knots-Landing-Season-2/11048

I only saw the last 5 or 6 seasons of KL, but I loved it!! :D
Edited by deefanUBS, Dec 17 2008, 12:47 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

April 14th can't come soon enough!

darraholic
Member Avatar

Did Donna Mills come on during Season 2?

Mason
Member Avatar

^ She did! :D

CodeBlazeNuke
Member Avatar

I whatched this show too. i think it was a spin off of DALLAS. i know that two of the characters came from Dallas.

Mason
Member Avatar

^ Yup, it was a spin-off of Dallas. Gary, the middle Ewing brother, and his wife Valene moved to KL after Miss Ellie bought a house for them there.

deefanUBS

Season 2 is now available on DVD :cheer:

http://www.amazon.com/Knots-Landing-Complete-Second-Season/dp/B000PGUT8C/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

darraholic
Member Avatar

I'm going to buy it soon. Never watched during the original run. Season 1 was very blah but I know it picks up in the 2nd season.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply