Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Knots Landing
Topic Started: Dec 16 2008, 03:51 PM (11,729 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

Even though I love Season 1, in Season 2 the show gets much soapier.

Though I have almost every episode on DVD recorded off of SoapNet, I pray that Season 2 sells well, so we get rest of the series.
Edited by Mason, Apr 25 2009, 08:07 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

They were sold out at Future Shop near my place. The girl said they'd be getting more this week.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

I just picked up Season One from Big Lots....I watched the first two episodes tonight....Loved It!

Mason
Member Avatar

Nubia
Jul 17 2009, 12:31 AM
I just picked up Season One from Big Lots....I watched the first two episodes tonight....Loved It!
Ooh, you've never seen KL before?

You're in for a treat! Especially if they continue releasing the show on DVD, because it just keeps on getting better.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Mason
Jul 17 2009, 12:33 AM
Nubia
Jul 17 2009, 12:31 AM
Ooh, you've never seen KL before?

You're in for a treat! Especially if they continue releasing the show on DVD, because it just keeps on getting better.
Nope!

I have vauge memories if it from my childhood, but this is the first time I have sat down to watch a full episode. It was great fun. I love the era and the attitude.

It also reminded me of my parents, lol, oddly enough.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Okay.....I just finished Episode Three....and I officially love Michelle Lee/Karen. Thus far, she is my favorite character. Her flirting with JR and setting his up was delicious fun.

Also, thus far, Kenny and Ginger Ward were only briefly in Episode One. I am guessing they aren't long for Cul de Sac life....

Mason
Member Avatar

Nubia
Jul 17 2009, 09:25 PM
Also, thus far, Kenny and Ginger Ward were only briefly in Episode One. I am guessing they aren't long for Cul de Sac life....
They're on the show for the first four seasons, but they're never really big players like the rest of the cast.

I can't wait until you watch Episode 5 (Will the Circle Be Unbroken). I can't wait for your thoughts on Lilimae, LoL.

Mason
Member Avatar

Skip to about 6:00 and see (one of many reasons) why Knots Landing was one of the greatest television dramas ever. As the person who posted this video said, I dare you to try watching it without getting chills. :)

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

I still need to buy Season 2. I wish they would keep bringing out more seasons. My mother and grandmother were such huge fans of the show.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

I just downloaded a torrent of season three and I'm loving it. I'm a massive Knots fan btw. Originally I didn't really care for season two and three, but rewatching them I am fascinated. The subtext is killer and these characters are so well developed. Even the most generic self-contained plot is twisted and made fresh and results in major developments for these characters. There are no big dramatic fires or murders (well Sid, but that wasn't exploitative), just real people dealing with as real stories as you can get on a soap.

Originally I thought season three was too dark, but it's working so far. I think Sid was great, but I can't see him or KL Moters fitting into the later seasons. I love the fake out with his death. I'm sure seeing him in the credits then surviving the first episode, fans thought he was going to live. When he finally died? Total shock. Even though I've seen it before. All the actors did amazing work.

I also am loving Abby's stolen kids. I wish Olivia and Brian's father continued to interact with them throughout the years. Now I'm looking forward to the Abby/Gary/Valene triangle, Joe Cooper (should've gotten with Ginger and stuck around!) and the smashing Richard/Laura drama.

I just wish those DVDs would pick up! The show would sell better once they get to the middle years.

Mason
Member Avatar

Ooh, I love Season 3. Some of the show's best episodes are from that year.

I don't understand why WB is dragging its heels with KL on DVD. Considering how old the show is and the fact that it's not a 'legend' like Dallas or Dynasty, it seems like the sales have been decent, from what I've seen. I don't know what WB expects.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Still working my way through season one. Loving the show....and I am discouraged to see they haven't released anything on DVD after season two...that is one of the reasons why I am pacing myself.

Thus far, Karen is my favorite character. I just finished the episode where she found on she was pregnant....then had a miscarriage. I got a good laugh when they referred to Karen as a "mature woman"....and then they later state her age as 37! loil. gezz. Glad to see some things have changed in the last 30 years.

Checkers
Member Avatar

I never saw Knots Landing in real time. I wasn't alive but I did watch it when SoapNet did the reruns. I miss old SoapNet. I was addicted to Knots Landing when I was in the sixth grade. :lol: They would have marathons every night and I would be up until 1am in the morning watching KL.

The first two seasons were great but things really picked up when Abby/Gary had that affair. Literally my freaking heart broke for Val. I hated Gary and Abby for that. HATED! I can only imagine what it must have been like for anyone that was a Gary/Val shipper in those days. It took forever for Gary/Abby to end. :lol: It was one thing after another keeping Val and Gary apart. I wanted to break my TV at one point and heck I was getting five episodes a day. It's frustrating but sooooooo good. KL is definitely the best night time soap drama ever.

I loved Paige and Val they were my faves. Gary/Val and Paige/Greg were my two couples.

Val finds out Gary married Abby after he skips their lunch.

Val talking to her mama about Gary.

I HATED Diana she was so damn annoying.

This scene was SO GOOD!

Gary's "death" and Val's reaction. WOW!

This scene blew me away when I saw it.

I'm so glad I got to see it when it aired on SoapNet. That was definitely a treat. It sucks that KL doesn't get the props that it deserves the show was amazing.
Edited by Checkers, Dec 11 2010, 06:37 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

Checkers
Dec 11 2010, 01:17 AM
I HATED laura she was so damn annoying.
*gasps*

Blasphemy!

Checkers
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 11 2010, 01:23 AM
Checkers
*gasps*

Blasphemy!
Oh wait, I wrote the wrong name. :lol: I meant Diana, Karen's daughter. She annoyed the heck out of me.

Laura was one of my favorites as well. Her death was heartbreaking.
Edited by Checkers, Dec 11 2010, 06:37 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

Checkers
Dec 11 2010, 06:36 PM
Mason
Checkers
*gasps*

Blasphemy!
Oh wait, I wrote the wrong name. :lol: I meant Diana, Karen's daughter. She annoyed the heck out of me.
Oh, well in that case.... :rockon:

I loved when Eric did what everyone wanted to do and slapped that bitch.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 11 2010, 08:06 PM
Checkers
Dec 11 2010, 06:36 PM
Mason
Checkers
*gasps*

Blasphemy!
Oh, well in that case.... :rockon:

I loved when Eric did what everyone wanted to do and slapped that bitch.
Yes! I loved that. Diana was nails on a chalkboard personified.

KMan101
Member Avatar

This was definitely a great great soap opera. It was nice that the show still had a lot of it's core left (Greg, Mac, Karen, Gary, Val, Paige) at the end but it was becoming a very different soap, but how couldn't it, it lasted 14 seasons!

I didn't love everything. Losing Sid and Laura were big blows but the lead-up and fallout to both were great.

Laura was by far one of my favorites and it sucked when they needed to slash the budget and didn't want to write for the most complex of the women. You had Val the goody two shoes (mostly), Karen the moral center (mostly) and Abby the bitch. That left Laura, who was never clearly defined. She was just one of those great flawed characters.

FloridaSoapGuy
Member Avatar

I was over on the daytime forum, and noticed on people's profiles that were a lot of Knots Landing fans on this site. This was one of the most underrated shows of all time, and its nice to see that some still havent forgotten.

It is however kind of funny how we watched for different reasons. Personally I couldnt stand Laura, though I must admit that how they did her death was amazing. I remember Sumner watching a video of Laura (or maybe looking at a picture) afterwards, and he starts talking to "Red" while crying his eyes out. What a shock to see cold-hearted Greg break down like that....man, Devane had me bawling too.

Mostly I watched for the dirt and scandal (so I loved me some Abby!), but this show sure knew how to pull at the heart strings.

When Dallas & Knots were running on TNT, I recorded the whole series and edited it down to just my favorite scenes/storylines.....the collection ended being about 90 hours long. lol

What a great show..

Checkers
Member Avatar

The show is very underrated which is a shame. I wish they would show reruns.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply