Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Knots Landing
Topic Started: Dec 16 2008, 03:51 PM (11,361 Views)
Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Checkers
Oct 6 2012, 03:08 PM
I really wish they would re-air this show. It's one of my favorites.
Does WB still own the rights to it? If not, I wish TNT would air classic episodes of Dallas and Knots Landing in an afternoon time slot. They should be building fan interest for season two by catching the viewers up with classic episodes.
Edited by Casey, Oct 6 2012, 07:23 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

I've never read anywhere that they made any attempts to have Julie Harris appear after she left, but I guess it's possible. It is definitely a shame. I hated the way Lilimae was written out.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I felt like Season 11 was such a mixed bag overall. I'm ready to watch it again though, It's been too long. How are Knots, Dallas and Dynasty not being rerun anymore? I hate how they used to air on all different cable networks in the 90s but after SoapNet, there's no place for them, which is ridiculous. I think TNT/TBS are due for a classic channel. Too bad RTV or ME-TV or Antenna TV aren't interested in that genre.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Why did they bump Tonya Crow up to a starring role if they didn't intend to use her? She's only been in two episodes so far and it's not like those episodes revolved around her much either.

Mason

My guess is to soften the blow of Donna Mills leaving, but I really have no idea.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Well, eight seasons later and Gary and Val are finally back together. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing considering their angst was a large part of what made the show so interesting, but I'll have to wait and see. Lol. They made one HUGE error here though. Why would Gary and Val even be considering moving back to Texas? It's preposterous given their history there.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I'm also surprised that there has been no mention of Lucy whatsoever. Was that done on purpose? Bobby and Betsy have absolutely no knowledge that they have an older sister. I can see them not wanting to have her appear (Tilton did not fit in on this show), but it seems ridiculous that she hasn't been mentioned since like the fifth season.

Mason

I'm sure it probably had to do with Knots Landing severing pretty much all ties with Dallas post-Bobby/Pam shower scene. Or Joan not wanting to be thought of as a mother of 30 year old. Whichever.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Mason
Nov 12 2012, 10:12 PM
I'm sure it probably had to do with Knots Landing severing pretty much all ties with Dallas post-Bobby/Pam shower scene. Or Joan not wanting to be thought of as a mother of 30 year old. Whichever.
Lol. What were they thinking with that shower scene? I wonder how they will handle that continuity error when Joan and Ted appear on Dallas next year. They should just brush right past it, considering Knots only acknowledged Bobby's death in a few episodes.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Thank god Danny is finally dead! That was one character I could've certainly done without. Even though Jill was meant to be the "interloper" for Gary and Val, she was interesting and left me wanting more from her. Danny didn't really serve any purpose other than being an annoyance and a creep. His being there was solely to delay a Gary/Val reunion, at least IMO.

Season twelve has been pretty lackluster so far. It's not as bad as I expected, but this is definitely not the "Knots" of yesteryear.

Mason

If you think early Season 12 is underwhelming, you'll probably find the rest of the season to be even worse. This season can be entertaining, but there's very little of actual substance. Creatively, the show's kind of scrambled. Although it's still better than what follows.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Mason
Apr 19 2012, 07:29 PM
Yes, LoL. At least two of their storylines for Val are just plain moronic. And you'll know which ones I'm talking about when you see them.

Mhm. I think I can say that I officially know what you mean by this. Lol! This Val brain-tumor storylines is bad, and that new 'do is even worse.

I don't know. I feel like they're trying, but it's not leading to anything. They should've kept Olivia and really cemented the next generation ''Knots''. Paige, Linda, Olivia, Michael, and Eric could have gone somewhere had they gotten better writing than they got. It's also a shame that Michele Lee had it stipulated in her contract that she couldn't become a grandmother. Could you imagine Linda getting pregnant with Eric's baby and then marrying his brother Michael? That's classic soap.

Mason

IMO, they missed the boat on some major drama by not having Eric die offscreen when Steve Shaw did. I'm sure it was a sensitivity thing, but the implications could have lasted for years and provided plenty of meaty story for the MacKenzie/Fairgate family.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Damn. Did they really just kill off Linda? Four episodes in and I'm completely lost. Lol.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Mason, what did you think of Kate and Claudia?

Mason

Casey
Nov 25 2012, 07:41 PM
Damn. Did they really just kill off Linda? Four episodes in and I'm completely lost. Lol.

Oh, you've reached Season 13. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Casey
Nov 25 2012, 07:51 PM
Mason, what did you think of Kate and Claudia?

I'm not a fan of Kate. Stacy Galina just wasn't great, and there never seemed to be much of a purpose to the character. She seemed like a poor man's Olivia.

Claudia I have mixed feelings about. Kathleen Noone is a great actress and having another villainess stirring the pot was nice, but there wasn't really anything to Claudia that you could sympathize with (unlike with Abby). I don't hate her, but I don't really love her, either.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Mason
Nov 25 2012, 08:15 PM
Oh, you've reached Season 13. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Claudia I have mixed feelings about. Kathleen Noone is a great actress and having another villainess stirring the pot was nice, but there wasn't really anything to Claudia that you could sympathize with (unlike with Abby). I don't hate her, but I don't really love her, either.
Well, I'm only on the sixth episode. Linda just got her throat slit and that stupid "gang" storyline with Karen is over. Does Jason stay for the rest of the series or does he leave at some point? Lol! I've actually really been enjoying Claudia. I thought she was the best part of season twelve. She's completely whacked.

Mason

The Paige/Linda rivalry has always been the highlight of Season 12 for me.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Mason
Nov 26 2012, 07:07 PM
Were you upset that they killed her off? I thought that was a stupid move. Michael and Eric were both gone, but they could've kept her around and incorporated her into other things.

Mason

Casey
Nov 26 2012, 07:12 PM
Mason
Nov 26 2012, 07:07 PM
Were you upset that they killed her off? I thought that was a stupid move. Michael and Eric were both gone, but they could've kept her around and incorporated her into other things.
It was completely asinine -- just like everything else in Season 13 -- to kill off Linda. A total waste.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply