Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Knots Landing
Topic Started: Dec 16 2008, 03:51 PM (11,378 Views)
Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Oy vey. I have to say that getting through that season was literally painful. To be honest, I'm just bored. Here's hoping that season fourteen is an improvement. It's also sad to see Joan gone from the credits now. Gary/Val/Karen really should have remained the three people to stay on for the entire run.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

The last season is definitely a step up from the abominable thirteenth season -- and, for some people, it's actually considered very good. I guess it has its moments (mostly toward the end of the season -- the finale is excellent), but it still feels like something's lost and not just Val (although it definitely is weird without her, particularly since it seems like the first 6 seasons or so were told primarily from her perspective).

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I remember being younger seeing Danny floating in that pool and it kinda freaked me out. I loved Linda and Paige! I loved the guy that played the cop that Paige dated for awhile, he was sooooo cute to me back then. Greg and Paige were good together. Ann and Nick Schillace kind of reminded me of Vivian and Ivan on Days, not sure why. I would say to my Mom "Hey, that's that guy from Knots Landing!" when the guy that played Nick showed up on Days as Nico and working for Victor.

I remember thinking the girl who played Kate Whitaker was Phoebe Cates for the longest time...LOL

I've never been able to see the show all the way through and started watching with my Mom around the time when the Williams family moved in. The first thing I really remember was Val and Danny, then Danny eventually dead in the pool.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Hmmm...looks like Apple just released all nine seasons of Dynasty on iTunes. Wouldn't it be awesome if they could give Knots Landing the same treatment?

Mason

Casey
Dec 3 2012, 03:17 PM
Hmmm...looks like Apple just released all nine seasons of Dynasty on iTunes. Wouldn't it be awesome if they could give Knots Landing the same treatment?
As usual, KL gets the shaft. Even Falcon Crest's first two seasons are available on iTunes, for God's sake.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

While I love Maree Cheatham, this Mary Robeson storyline is not believeable. First off, isn't Laura's mother dead and didn't we see her father on-screen in season one? Secondly, how are Jason and Daniel not in the picture if this is an issue of not seeing her grandchildren?

Mason

The Mary Robeson story is revisionist trash. Although I do like how it ties into another story in Season 14 (I won't spoil it if you haven't reached that point yet).

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Well, after almost a year it looks like my journey through the Cul-de-Sac is finally over. I'm actually kind of bummed out. These characters really grew on me. The best part of the finale, by far, was bringing back both Joan Van Ark and Donna Mills. A finale without them would have left me unsatisfied. I whipped through the last couple episodes of season fourteen and finished "Back to the Cul-de-Sac" a few hours ago. Lots of great moments! I particularly loved the final few minutes of the movie where both Karen and Abby found out they were about to become grandmothers. The look on Donna's face was PRICELESS and it's nice to think of these characters continuing on in a whole new generation.

I actually found myself lost and decided to watch the pilot over again. It was so funny to see exactly how much this show had evolved over a fourteen year span. I had also COMPLETELY forgot that Sid had another daughter, Annie. She could've been an interesting character to bring on down the line, particularly given what happened to her father nearly a year later.

I'm definitely glad that I ended up sticking with it after the first two seasons. Well worth it! I have to find something else to fill my craving now. Lol!

Mason

Casey
Dec 8 2012, 11:10 PM
I had also COMPLETELY forgot that Sid had another daughter, Annie. She could've been an interesting character to bring on down the line, particularly given what happened to her father nearly a year later.
It was a huge, huge, HUGE miss on the show's part not keeping Karen Allen on as Annie. She was one of the best things about the pilot -- possibly even the best thing. One of the scenes that sticks out to me the most (not just of the pilot, but of the series as a whole) is when Annie crashes the Averys' backyard barbecue and starts waxing poetic about rolling around naked in the sand on the beach and embarrassing the more-reserved Laura.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Oh yes. I know exactly what you're talking about! Lol. Priceless. And Constance. MY Constance. It was so sad seeing her again and thinking what could have been had she stayed on another five years. And while the show remained interesting until season twelve it, in my opinion, was never was able to make up for killing her off. There was something she brought to the screen that couldn't be replaced.

Julie Harris as well. It was a shame not to see Lilimae at Val's funeral.

Edited by Casey, Dec 9 2012, 12:34 AM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Losing them both really put a hole in the show that they kinda got around for a few seasons but it was clear as day how much they each brought to the show. They were so fantastic. Are episodes uploaded on YouTube or anywhere? I'd definitely like to rewatch. It's been several years since I've really watched any Knots.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

KMan101
Dec 15 2012, 10:50 AM
Losing them both really put a hole in the show that they kinda got around for a few seasons but it was clear as day how much they each brought to the show. They were so fantastic. Are episodes uploaded on YouTube or anywhere? I'd definitely like to rewatch. It's been several years since I've really watched any Knots.
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find anything other than clips. Seasons three and four are available via torrent though, I believe, though I can't remember whether the website I snagged them from was the one that got show down or not.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

KMan101
Dec 15 2012, 10:50 AM
KMan101, I found the first five episodes of season three on YouTube.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

^ Damn. They removed those ones. No matter. I found something better. S3 - 7 via CBS Drama.

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2n7ud_Wonderfrog68_knots-landing/1#video=x15qezx

:cheers:
Edited by Casey, Dec 21 2013, 02:02 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply