Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Featured Contributor responses; sony special feature
Topic Started: Dec 16 2008, 06:15 PM (657 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Featured Contributor

We asked, and boy did you respond! It seems people all over the world have their favorite Salemites and they're not afraid to share. And while there were some common themes, favorites ranged from brand newcomers to long-time friends. But for everyone, their favorite seemed to have gotten under their skin and they seem to understand this character better than, well, the character him (or her) self possibly could. While we read and value every contribution, here are some that we thought you'd find particularly enlightening, or that we found particularly representative.

Christine of Calgary, Alberta's favorite? EJ DiMera.

My favorite Days character is EJ DiMera. My reasons for picking EJ go far beyond just his fabulous good looks and charm. When this character first came to Salem, he was portrayed in a mysterious and eventually sinister light. What has kept me intrigued with EJ is the complexity with which this character has evolved. EJ has shown us a broad spectrum of reasons to like him, hate him and feel everything in between. The emotional roller coaster this character has been on, striving to do the right thing, yet remain loyal to the DiMera name, is riveting to watch. EJ is at his best when he lingers between the shades of gray that we as individuals all possess. He is not meant to be a hero nor a villain. He is just meant to be a man searching for the best way to be true to himself without sacrificing his own identity.

Sami Brady (is that your real name?) all the way from Australia has an obvious favorite. Sami Brady.

Sami is someone I can relate to. I've watched her grow up from a girl into a woman. Her character is a joy to watch because she is bold, passionate, loving, a little wicked and fun. One of the things I love most about Sami is that she will do anything for the people she loves and her children are the most important things in her life. Sami has a huge capacity to love and yet she has never had someone chose her and love her above all others. For once I would like to see Sami get the guy she loves and for him to chose her and accept all of her faults. It's time for Sami to have some happiness.

Taya from Warwick, NY, has a favorite shared by many. Hope Brady.

Hope Brady is my favorite. Not only does she know how to kick butt as a detective on the Salem PD, while being a women...more power to her!, but she knows how to calm down and take it easy when it comes to her family at home. She's a great mother, an amazing wife that would do anything for her family and the people she cares about, yet she still has that side of her that no one wants to mess with. You do not want to piss Hope off, she can tear you apart. She's feisty. I love her character on the show...she's a mix of everything!

Hops from Vancouver also has a favorite shared by many, and this fave is a couple: John and Marlena.

My favourite Days character is actually a couple... John and Marlena! I was flipping channels one day and there they were and it was love at first sight. They were everything I always wanted a soap couple to be. They not only loved each other, they liked each other. They didn't play games with each other and they respected each other. They were gorgeous and passionate. They could melt the screen with just one look into each other's eyes. They were heroes who took responsibility for their mistakes. They were and are the best. John and Marlena.... a beautiful thing.

Ilona from Belgium love someone that others love to hate. Nicole Walker.

My favorite Days character is Nicole Walker. Why? That's an easy one. Her character touches me across the ocean! She seems to be pure evil, but she's not. Actually, she's still a little girl desperately searching for someone she can trust and love without being afraid of getting hurt again. And still, if she does something pure evil, its so easy to forgive her, because at that moment I no longer see Nicole, but I see Arianne appear and I think by myself; 'O, yeah, you're good, you go girl!' So for me, Nicole will always be my favorite Days character.

To know him is to love him. Robin from Charleston, West Virginia, sure does. Bo Brady, that is.

Bo Brady is my all time favorite character on Days. He is multi-faceted and adds just the right ingredients to be an all time keeper. He is a wonderful father, husband, son, and brother. He isn't afraid to show his emotions or get his hands dirty. I think he is the most believable character also and did I mention how HOT he was and is

Colleen from Chicago has one half of a super-couple as her favorite. Kayla Brady Johnson.

The character of Kayla is the quintessential Days character.....intelligent, capable, and devoted. She is a family person at heart....family and love come first....and she will go head to head with anyone over the person she loves whether it be EJ, Stefano, or my fav villain Victor. When Kayla is determined......everyone else better watch out!

And last but not least, Carolyn from Allen, Texas, has an all-time favorite. Alice Horton.

Alice Horton...just because she is the Mother of all time...without Alice there would be no Horton family. I really enjoy her short visits when she is able to be on the show. We love you Alice...and wish you the very best. Merry Christmas and hope to see you on the show sometime during the Holiday Season.

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/daysofourlives/specials/specials_detail_3605.html

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

e83talus
Member Avatar

Shout out to Hops! :rockon:

Ellie

Great job, hops!! :applause:

(Anyone else from here represented? Let us know!)

Red Mist
Member Avatar

You know all the characters listed as fav by ppl have been my favs for years. It makes me all the more crazy that Higley has made them all so confusing and hard to follow (boring ) that I had to tune out. Congrats Hops!

peaches179

Congrats Hops! Good for you! :D

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Good job, Hops.

These responses were well-done. I enjoyed reading them.

Kyrai

Grats Hops! I loved your comments!

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Way to go, hops!
I've never understood the appeal of some of these characters so this was a good and educational read.

jules

Great job hops! And, of course I agree with every word lol!

hops
Member Avatar

Thank you everyone. I would have missed this. Happy J&M got a mention. Loved reading all the responses and how much fans are touched by the characters they love.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

hops, you are always so eloquent! Bravo!

King
Member Avatar

I totally called them picking all of those characters.

I am surprised there wasn't a Chelsea thrown in. LOL.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply