Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Keeping Up Appearances
Topic Started: Dec 16 2008, 09:55 PM (2,128 Views)
Mason

Anyone else seen this hilarious old British sitcom from the early-mid 90s? I LOVE it!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I used to watch this quite a bit. Its not funnier than Mr. Bean, if you ask me. Nevertheless, it is a great comedy!

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

i loved that show. YTV here in canada used to air it every night at midnight with Are You being Served. I loved both those shows.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Mason it is one of my favorite British comedies. Hyacinth is hilarious. Patricia Routledge is very talented. Early on she had a bit part in "To Sir With Love" and following KUA, she starred in "Hetty Wainthropp", the granny detective.

Great stuff!!!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Its interesting to see Patricia in her normal self. She is so different. Check out this interview:

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

love, love, love this show.

I started watching with my mom, and jst kept up with it.

Thanks for posting all the clips Mason and Jinxie, :D

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

What was Richard's job?

~bl~
Member Avatar

Richard worked at the town council office. He wasn't an elected official.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Oh okay thanks! I just remember her always dressing him up so I was curious what his big career was.

Mason

"The Bou-KAAAY residence, Lady of the House speaking!!!"

Never fails to crack me up, LoL.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

^^lol!

Just finished watching an eppy I recorded earlier. It was a Christmas eppy where Richard was supposed to play santa and give out gifts, but of course things don't go as planned.

The best part is at the end, when Onslo kisses Hyacinth while she's wearing the santa suite.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

LOL. Hyacinth and Onslow are bro/sis, right? They are sooo completely different. She's a complete neat freak and he's a total slop.

Mason

Jinxie
Jan 3 2009, 03:15 PM
LOL. Hyacinth and Onslow are bro/sis, right? They are sooo completely different. She's a complete neat freak and he's a total slop.
Onslow is Hyacinth's brother-in-law. He's married to her sister, Daisy, who's almost as much of a slob as Onslow. I love the way Hyacinth just about jumps out of her skin everytime her relatives arrive at one of her social gatherings, LoL.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Ohhh! Same thing though, Daisy and Hyacinth are total opposites. And, Rose fits somewhere in the middle of the two. I love how Hyacinth cares about her image so much, and poor Richard.

Tammy
Member Avatar

OMG I LOVED this show... not as much as Are You Being Served, but I loved it none the less.

"Mrs. Bucket? "

"It's Bou-KAAAY!!!!"

My favorite episode ever was when they were out on the boat and she fell into the water!

Mason

Tammy
Mar 22 2009, 11:30 PM
My favorite episode ever was when they were out on the boat and she fell into the water!
That was hilarious!!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Was that the one where their crappy boat stopped working and they had to pick up a little canoe?

Mason

Jinxie
Mar 24 2009, 07:39 PM
Was that the one where their crappy boat stopped working and they had to pick up a little canoe?
I don't think so. I don't remember there being a canoe in that episode...LoL.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Mason
Mar 24 2009, 09:38 PM
Jinxie
Mar 24 2009, 07:39 PM
I don't think so. I don't remember there being a canoe in that episode...LoL.
I can remember what happened in that episode except her falling overboard lol.

Tammy
Member Avatar

This is the episode I was talking about... hilarious :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply