Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Short interview with Peter Reckell; Article Summary
Topic Started: Dec 17 2008, 11:06 AM (1,211 Views)
Ellie

Peter Reckell tells SOD he has a positive view about DOOL's future. He says "they are changes" [SOD doesn't say which changes] that he's been expecting for a while. He says he's fortunate he's not being cut, but those who are staying are being "asked to make some pretty big sacrifices", which he says are for the sake of the show and its longevity. He's excited about the "new leadership", and Gary Tomlin "seems to be doing pretty good and getting the writing team together" [sic]. Reckell says that over the past few months, he's had writing [in his scripts] which "isn't like daytime. It's like people talking." He says things are going to be "sad and difficult" at times, but he is excited about the show's future.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie!

Sounds like alot of BS if you ask me.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Ellie. :)

Peter always seems to say the right things in regards to the show, whether it's deserved or not.

e83talus
Member Avatar

I love Peter and it is certainly not his fault but this sounds awful!

Wow, not like Daytime? People talking? That sounds like must see tv?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I freaking love when he gives interviews. He calls the writers out on their shit, especially when they make the characters sound like idiots. I'm glad he said that the writing as of late hasn't been like daytime. We've been saying that Higley's writing style is boring for months. Kenny is famous for describing Higley's first run as head writer as nothing happening, but a bunch of people just talking and talking and talking. That's it. Looks like Reckell agrees.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I enjoy Peter too. I've noticed the dialogue, especially for the Dimera's, has improved a bit so hopefully that continues.

He did sound very professional and supportive here but I wouldn't expect anything less. Still, he calls the show out when he feels it's necessary and not just to serve his own agenda and I've always liked that about him.

FanODays

Sounds like he knows that the writing is on the wall and all the quality dialogue in the world won't save bad storylines.

jules

darraholic
Dec 17 2008, 11:11 AM
Thanks Ellie!

Sounds like alot of BS if you ask me.
Sounds like that to me as well lol!

Beth
Member Avatar

What else could he say??? He knows they could fire him at any moment.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply